You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crappiest place you've been to in the UK

Harry Squatter

Flint is bad but Connah's Quay is a lot worse as are Shotton, Queensferry and Bagillt. Never understood why Talacre has got such a bad rep though.

Talacre hasn't got bad rep around here, I think it's rather nice. Like you say there are far worse places on the North Wales Riviera/Costa del Dee.

This thread isn't about the crappiest place it's about the snobbiest forumite. I've been to loads of the places mentioned in this thread and while i'd struggle to call them trendy, Iwouldn't have any problem walking through them at night. Maybe you lot are just a load of pussies?

• 12 years later...

I’m adding Crawley to this list. It’s not known as creepy for nothing.

I’ve been several times for *f reasons. It’s always been bad.

Yesterday I didn’t have the anaesthetic of about 10 pints to soothe me.

I had to go for a medical appointment, couldn’t even find the surgery, totally illegible place.

What a shit hole. Terrible rough shit hole 

• Upvote 1

Lived in Carlisle for 3 years so that's getting my vote. 

It's not necessarily a shithole, but it's so dull and non descript that it's not worth talking about. The only thing it has going for it is that it's a convenient stop gap if you're on your way up to Scotland or the North East 

• Upvote 1

On 11/05/2009 at 16:05, Lee909 said:

I live in Watford and its not great but Lutons far far worse

My nan and grandad were friends with a couple who moved down to Carpenders Park, which from memory, is near Watford. We visited them on a couple of occasions when I was a kid. I thought it was brilliant but that was mostly because they lived in a bungalow and a had a big garden. Are you familiar with Carpenders Park? If so, what is it like now?

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

My nan and grandad were friends with a couple who moved down to Carpenders Park, which from memory, is near Watford. We visited them on a couple of occasions when I was a kid. I thought it was brilliant but that was mostly because they lived in a bungalow and a had a big garden. Are you familiar with Carpenders Park? If so, what is it like now?

Yeah its a couple of mins on the train from me, the people there come into Watford for shopping as its a few mins in a car

I'm not over there often, seems ok. Same as anywhere round here, nice parts and scruff parts. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MOGLET said:

Manchester, its just a shitehole full of mancs. Cromer, its a shitehole full of inbreds. Sheppey, same as Cromer. Redhill same as Cromer. Gillingham, same as Cromer but with Chavs.

Ah UK apologies, half cut watching the game didnt read the question properly.

Edited by MOGLET
Cnutish downgrading.

3 hours ago, Ken Robber said:

Lived in Carlisle for 3 years so that's getting my vote. 

It's not necessarily a shithole, but it's so dull and non descript that it's not worth talking about. The only thing it has going for it is that it's a convenient stop gap if you're on your way up to Scotland or the North East 

Where abouts did you live Ken?

20 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Nowt wrong with it, had some cracking times there as a kid, had some cracking times there with my kids too.

Your ability to have a good time in a shit hole doesn’t mean it isn’t a shit hole. 

I forgot Coventry. I had to stay there for a week once. Fucking hell it’s a hell hole. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

Where abouts did you live Ken?

I was at uni there so moved around a bit. First I lived in Denton Holme, then on Head Street which was near the Mcvities factory. Final gaff was just off of Botchergate 

Having worked in Bolton around the turn of the last decade, I've never been back. It was a horrendous place.

The very centre had

some lovely buildings but mismanagement of the outer part of the town centre meant most of it was empty. 

It's got serious small man syndrome and, like an Evertonian, defines itself by what it's not rather than what it is - i.e it's not Manchester.

It tried to fashion itself on Manchester when redeveloping, such as building city centre apartments, student digs, shopping' malls and out of town retail parks, but doesn't have the draw of a city so they were all largely empty.

When you'd walk past some of the bar areas at lunchtime there'd be people stood outside half pissed, like the very worst sights of the Matthew street festival, but at like 1pm on an average Wednesday.

The town had serious racial schisms too, with people seemingly largely siloed into their own communities. Local politics was divided on those lines too. I wasn't surprised at all to see that UKIP got their first council foothold there.

Before I went to work there I'd heard tell (largely by my mum to be fair) that the 'people were lovely', but I saw no evidence of that, quite the opposite.

Before I worked in Bolton I used to slag Liverpool off, not after that. Sat on the steps by Liverpool One looking out onto the docks in the sunshine, eating an ice cream and with no BNP stalls in sight. Meant for a fine life, just a fine life.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Someone mentioned Wythenshawe earlier in the thread and I concur. Never seen anything like it and I've been to Wigan. It's like a wasteland, shocks me every time I pass through.

Always makes me laugh when the mancs sing about Liverpool slums, being on the dole, council houses etc, Manchester has got some horrendous areas.

16 minutes ago, Moo said:

Someone mentioned Wythenshawe earlier in the thread and I concur. Never seen anything like it and I've been to Wigan. It's like a wasteland, shocks me every time I pass through.

All the burglaries in Stockport have their roots in Wythenshawe. 

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Having worked in Bolton around the turn of the last decade, I've never been back. It was a horrendous place.

The very centre had

some lovely buildings but mismanagement of the outer part of the town centre meant most of it was empty. 

It's got serious small man syndrome and, like an Evertonian, defines itself by what it's not rather than what it is - i.e it's not Manchester.

It tried to fashion itself on Manchester when redeveloping, such as building city centre apartments, student digs, shopping' malls and out of town retail parks, but doesn't have the draw of a city so they were all largely empty.

When you'd walk past some of the bar areas at lunchtime there'd be people stood outside half pissed, like the very worst sights of the Matthew street festival, but at like 1pm on an average Wednesday.

The town had serious racial schisms too, with people seemingly largely siloed into their own communities. Local politics was divided on those lines too. I wasn't surprised at all to see that UKIP got their first council foothold there.

Before I went to work there I'd heard tell (largely by my mum to be fair) that the 'people were lovely', but I saw no evidence of that, quite the opposite.

Before I worked in Bolton I used to slag Liverpool off, not after that. Sat on the steps by Liverpool One looking out onto the docks in the sunshine, eating an ice cream and with no BNP stalls in sight. Meant for a fine life, just a fine life.

As someone who's worked in Bolton Town centre I concur. To put it in perspective I've worked in wigan and leigh. Bolton was the worst, I spent all day dealing with fraudulent roma with fake id, as well as aggressive scallies. I moved to a different shop for 1k a year less basic .

A guy rode in on a bike once, crashed into counter smacked off his tits. With a lit cig ,told him he couldn't smoke he apologised and said he didn't realise it was lit and rode out

That said my cousins live in a nice area in Bolton and so did a lot of people who worked for me

• Upvote 1