You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crappiest place you've been to in the UK

Harry Squatter

Stoke on trent should be renamed 'The Arsehole of the Universe'. Stoke fans are notorious hooligans, they're like that cos when they visit other towns and cities for away games, and look around they think "fucking hell our council are lying, not everywhere is the same as Stoke, right let's get these lucky bastards". JNP, i've been to Stroud, closest i've been to Gloucester, surely Gloucester aint as bad as Stroud?

There is a place called Whitehaven, it's the most inappropriately named place in the world.

Closely followed by Perth.

My bird lives there Stouff, but it has one redeeming feature, Scott Carson's from Cleator Moor, and i was gonna mention various cumbrian places, like, Maryport, and a few others, but Workington is the worst, what a hole, however none beat Stoke.

My bird lives there Stouff, but it has one redeeming feature, Scott Carson's from Cleator Moor, and i was gonna mention various cumbrian places, like, Maryport, and a few others, but Workington is the worst, what a hole, however none beat Stoke.

I thought is was your missus who was from Whitehaven (as is mine). They're all grim, Maryport, Moota, Cleater and the utter hole that is Aspatria. They still eat their young in west Cumbria.

Stouffer - You beat me to it!

I grew up in Runcorn, so I know a bit about shite towns. (Incidentally, you remember Blackadder's theory about how everybody put-upon kicks downwards? The Prince gives Blackadder grief, Blackadder kicks the cat, the cat attacks a mouse and the mouse bites Baldrick. I once attended a Runcorn v Southport match at Canal Street and all the locals were lustily singing Widnes, Widnes Stinks of Shit. Nuff said.) Also, I occasionally visit my girlfriend's parents in Dagenham - 100,000 people, about 3 pubs and 12 Nazi Councillors. So, as I say .... I know shite!

But the most depressing day of my life was driving along that Cumbria coast, trying to find somewhere to kill an hour without wanting to kill myself.

I apologise to anyone who was offended by my Beaumaris comment, there are worse places I just can't think I've ever had a worse time than my stay in Beaumaris.

Examples of worse places, don't know what there like now but I thought the Woodside and Noctorum estates were pretty bad. Blackpool is a shithole. Does anyone remember Lyme Cross the number 9 bus used to finish there and it always looked as if God had abandoned the place. I can't place exactly were Lyme Cross was but I'm pretty sure it was off Liverpool road.

I doubt anyone here will know the place. Snowdown in Kent has to rank as the most pointless village in the UK: It's like they cut away some arse-end piece of south london and grafted into the beautiful Kent countryside. In akll the time I was there (a day) no birds flew over that town.

I thought is was your missus who was from Whitehaven (as is mine). They're all grim, Maryport, Moota, Cleater and the utter hole that is Aspatria. They still eat their young in west Cumbria.

She still lives there Stouff, she's forever asking me to go up there, last week was the maritime weekend in Whitehaven, "are you coming up for the maritime weekend" she said, so i just laughed and said "fuckoff i'm skint, anyway if i want to see a fucking maritime weekend ours is bigger than yours" (real grown up eh?). She never spoke to me for a week:no .

Aspatria, i've only passed through it on the train, and i swear, the conductor spits when he says the name "next stop Aspatria, spit spit"

• 1 year later...
Hey, don't be dissing the 'Lynn'!

Nah, you're right. It's a fucking shit-hole.

It's not that good.

I was actually denied entry into an drinking establishment there because I was too old (I'm 28).

Ha ha ha ha ha!

To be fair, you should probably be thankful. It will have been full of terrifying in-bred teenage yokels.

I grew up about 20 miles away - the options for a night out were 20 miles to Kings Lynn or 20 miles to Norwich.

I think we went to Norwich about twice. No fucker ever wanted to drive, so we went to shitty town pubs or round a mate's house to get horrendously stoned.

Ah, the joys of growing up in the country...

Barnsley. I went there for an FA Cup game a few years ago. As we came over the hills on the coach and looked down on that god-foresaken dump there was a gasp from everybody on the coach.

We should have let the Russians nuke it.

Blackpool, utterly souless, decaying, an efigy of better days. filled with gangs of pissed-up fat slags and scottish louts on stag weekends.

Now almost exclusively populated by Eastern European workers as well.

The fact its future hinged on a casiono development shows how clueless its leaders are as well.

Grim, suicidal place with too many broken light-bulbs.

Repped

I used to play footy for a team in Southport and all our away games were in arse-end places all over Lancashire. I can remember playing a game in Burnley, it was late april but it felt like the end of November as the smog of a chimney spewed out over the pitch and we were all gasping for breath running round, on the other side there was a large open farmers field with tons of sheep wandering around. I ran down the wing and twatted into a sheep that had invaded the pitch and the famers boy had the cheek to have a go at me about it because he thought i'd broken it's leg. The pitch was surrounded by inbreds in green wellies and woolen sweaters (in april). Two birds about 17 came and watched us and some inbred shouted to them "Der yer shaaaaaaagg?", the smooth talking bastard.

Went to a pub at the top of some cobbled street and all the regulars looked like cast members off the Hills have Eyes and weren't the friendliest bunch. We swug our drinks and legged it before they tried to re-enact scenes from Deliverance.