You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Row

Count Morfeo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He said we were skint, skint means we have no money not we have our regular 25 million to spend.

That's not my recollection of the whole post. He used the term "fuck all" but that was only hyperbole because didn't he then go on to qualify it?

Not saying he's right or wrong, I argued that you shouldn't believe fully in one persons view no matter who he is because nobody will have the whole truth.

He said we were skint, skint means we have no money not we have our regular 25 million to spend. Now the fall out from that has died down the tune has changed to we're not skint but Hicks won't give us our pocket money.

I'm expecting one final post in a weeks time that says we're going to start a spending spree of Abramovich proportions to officially cover all bases.

Of course, you could always have mentioned that he then clarified what he'd been saying half an hour later in a way that rather deflates your point. But that might get in the way of the weird moment of glory you've engineered for yourself on the forum while actually doing nothing more insightful than regurgitating every bit of spin put out by club's press office.

http://forum.liverpoolway.co.uk/showpost.php?p=728971&postcount=43

Actually, didn't you make the same bullshit "deliberate mistake" about Bascombe too?

For someone who pontificates about other people's standards, you really need to raise your own.

Not saying he's right or wrong, I argued that you shouldn't believe fully in one persons view no matter who he is because nobody will have the whole truth.

He said we were skint, skintmeans we have no money not we have our regular 25 million to spend. Now the fall out from that has died down the tune has changed to we're not skint but Hicks won't give us our pocket money.

I'm expecting one final post in a weeks time that says we're going to start a spending spree of Abramovich proportions to officially cover all bases.

He said we had fuck all to spend but he meant (as he clarified later in the thread) that we were only going to have our usual budget due to the owners not fulfilling their promises to provide the cash to enable us to target the very best.

Hicks not providing the funds would explain why we would be restricted to the budget we have had in the past. The Count didn't imply that Hicks or Gillett lacked cash in any way, what he did do however is question their willingness to give it to Rafa to spend. Nothing has changed on that - he has just given us a bit more information into one of the reasons why that is the case.

if anyone believes we aren't getting dough because tom's son isn't equal pegging with foster they are as mad as a box of frogs.

Who knows what's really happening? But I do know that refusing to release cash if there's a control dispute in a partnership isn't that unusual so whether it's right or wrong the theory is a long way from insanity.

Of course, you could always have mentioned that he then clarified what he'd been saying half an hour later in a way that rather deflates your point. But that might get in the way of the weird moment of glory you've engineered for yourself on the forum while actually doing nothing more insightful than regurgitating every bit of spin put out by club's press office.

http://forum.liverpoolway.co.uk/showpost.php?p=728971&postcount=43

Actually, didn't you make the same bullshit "deliberate mistake" about Bascombe too?

For someone who pontificates about other people's standards, you really need to raise your own.

Would depend what you mean by deliberate mistake?

Of course if the money isn't out of their pockets 'that's for sure' it begs the question how exactly Hicks is sitting on it. It would be the money we raised through the season afterall.

from AnfieldRoad.com -

Hicks adds new exec to look after his sports interests

Written by Jim Boardman

Tuesday, 19 June 2007

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has promoted a member of his Hicks Sports Group into a newly created role, which will include some involvement with the running of the Reds. Hicks Sports Group is owned by Hicks Holdings.

Casey Shilts, 39, is to become chief operating office of the group, which is the holding company that owns Texas Rangers, the Dallas Stars and Hicks' half of Liverpool FC (through another holding company).

According to reports from the States, Shilts (no relation to the oft-sung about Peter Shilton), will be overseeing operations of the three sports sides (or franchises) on a day-to-day basis - including Liverpool FC. As part of the web of companies owned by Hicks, she'll also be sitting on the board of Center Operation Co which runs the American Airlines Center (used by the Dallas Stars). She'll also be taking charge of running Hick's golf course and hotel development in a place called Bariloche in Argentina.

Speaking about her new job, Shilts said: "The biggest challenge will be the global breadth of all of Hicks Holdings and being able to manage between what Tom has in Liverpool to what we're doing in Argentina as well as the important teams we have here." As for working with the executives of each team, including Rick Parry of course, she said her intention is to "cross-fertilize those businesses so we can learn from each other."

In the background to this appointment is a rumour that Hicks has fallen out with Gillett, his co-owner of Liverpool. Some rumours claim the fall-out is over money, others say it is over Hicks' perception that his half of the partnership is being pushed to one side, because Foster Gillett, and not one of Hicks' sons, will be getting the dominant role in the Anfield boardroom this autumn. It's this alleged row that is said to be holding back funds for Rafa Benitez. Perhaps this new appointment will help smooth things over, although of course the opposite could yet happen.

Hicks says that Shilts was an obvious choice for the role of coordinating both the Hicks' sports interests and various building projects (including of course the new Anfield stadium), thanks to her experience on the £300m Glorypark development, adjacent to the Texas Rangers' stadium in Arlington. Hicks said: "She brought it all together. We made tremendous progress with the city and in the project, and she led all of our efforts doing that." The Glorypark building work is set to begin this year and will open in two years, with retail, office and entertainment properties.

A similar project is coming soon for Shilts. Planned to be next to the Dallas Stars' home is an office, residential and hotel project to be called Champions Park. This is still at the design stage and it seems Shilts is tasked with getting city leaders on side.

Is Hicks getting bored with his sports teams? Hicks is reported to have said Shilts' appointment allows him to focus more of his time on his private-equity dealings. He has just bought 40% of SafeMed, a healthcare software company and he also announced plans to try and raise £200m dollars to buy more companies.

Shilts herself has been a Hicks employee since 2000 after being poached from the Coca-Cola Company.

Sounds about right, get the women in, bang heads, Bobs yer uncle :whistle:

This is funny. Last time Count Morfeo did a Liverpool Way drive-by it took about one hour for Anfieldroad.com to provide the full article. Is he wrtiting this stuff?

Well, in this case, Mr Boardman seems to be loosely plagiarising (not even that loosely actually) that article from the Star-Telegram that real red posted above.

Wonder how much cock that Casey Shilts has had to ride to get her job then.

Judging by this pic:

322-149936-120206.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

I'm not convinced that the cock is her bag, to be honest. I'd need to see her shoes to be sure though...

I would

She looks like Kaplinsky's butch sister. Not that it detracts from the obvious talent and determination she must have in order to forge a successful career within the male-dominated boardrooms of corporate America, like.

She looks like Kaplinsky's butch sister. Not that it detracts from the obvious talent and determination she must have in order to forge a successful career within the male-dominated boardrooms of corporate America, like.

Yes - she must be a very clever, and talented woman.

Bet she swallows, too.

Well, in this case, Mr Boardman seems to be loosely plagiarising (not even that loosely actually) that article from the Star-Telegram that real red posted above.

Judging by this pic:

I'm not convinced that the cock is her bag, to be honest. I'd need to see her shoes to be sure though...

Reckon she looks a bit like Amanda Tapping Me self

Guest PaddyBerger15

Judging by this pic:

I wonder if her married name was Bobbit.