Quantcast
Funny Pics that aren't worth starting a thread for - Page 520 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

That chess one doesn’t make sense, as I assume it must be the queen’s move, so she can easily get out of that. In fact whites are almost certain to win there. Or is that the joke and I’m missing the point?

4 minutes ago, belarus said:

That chess one doesn’t make sense, as I assume it must be the queen’s move, so she can easily get out of that. In fact whites are almost certain to win there. Or is that the joke and I’m missing the point?

You win by checkmating the king and it’s the king that is in checkmate. 

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Oh yeah - I did miss the point! In fact, that is possibly the most stupid thing I’ve said so far today. Possibly.

2 minutes ago, belarus said:

Oh yeah - I did miss the point! In fact, that is possibly the most stupid thing I’ve said so far today. Possibly.

It does actually look like the symbol of the Queen though so maybe we’re both missing something?

6 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

It does actually look like the symbol of the Queen though so maybe we’re both missing something?

I'm no chess expert, but there is all kind of wrong in that picture. I'm missing the funny part of it though.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2020 at 13:04, belarus said:

On 22/01/2020 at 13:09, Sugar Ape said:

On 22/01/2020 at 13:10, belarus said:

On 22/01/2020 at 13:13, Sugar Ape said:

17 hours ago, Jennings said:

I don't get the chess joke.

19 hours ago, R BENO said:

I'm no chess expert, but there is all kind of wrong in that picture. I'm missing the funny part of it though.

13 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Me neither. Theres no black king on the board for a start.

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Bukkake chess?

820C1FC8-29AE-4C09-B390-6422A0B9749C.gif

• Upvote 1

On 22/01/2020 at 13:09, Sugar Ape said:

You have to win with your king on the board...

I think it's about the people being stronger than the rulers when they work together, but, ya know, maybe we should get @Aventus to explain that?

On 23/01/2020 at 05:21, Philtrum said:

CIeNSJt.jpg

What was he expecting?? “You’re a bit of a divvvy, but a bloody good drummer. Terrible singer, but excellent hummer. Who can forget your Thomas the Tank? But not yer songs, which were generally wank.”