You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

A Spanish Instagram influencers. She’s visiting the Holocaust memorial in Berlin. She also happens to be pregnant. Check out the hashtag. 

5E0CB37B-4703-48A7-829D-75B7B47507C1.png

There should be a "Smarmy faces made to stick your middle finger up at" thread.

2 hours ago, redheart said:

Ive been to that in Berlin. Its shit and insulting to the Holocaust

It pisses me off when I see people like that girl posing for photos in places like that as though they're at a fucking theme park. 

I've been too and it thought it was thought provoking walking down between the long tall columns. That image of the train tracks leading up to the gates of one of the concentration camps came in to my head and at one point I just stopped and felt uneasy and thought I was going to throw up. 

Why do you think it's insulting ?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, redheart said:

Ive been to that in Berlin. Its shit and insulting to the Holocaust

Don’t have an opinion on whether it’s insulting to the holocaust or not, but I did think it was shit, and found myself utterly unloved by it, which surprised me.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Don’t have an opinion on whether it’s insulting to the holocaust or not, but I did think it was shit, and found myself utterly unloved by it, which surprised me.

If the memorial has emotional awareness, it clearly has good judgement.

Unfortunately, I suspect you meant "unmoved"? 

7 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It pisses me off when I see people like that girl posing for photos in places like that as though they're at a fucking theme park. 

Couldn't agree more, absolutely sickening behaviour.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I've been too and it thought it was thought provoking walking down between the long tall columns. That image of the train tracks leading up to the gates of one of the concentration camps came in to my head and at one point I just stopped and felt uneasy and thought I was going to throw up. 

Why do you think it's insulting ?

The bit the picture is taken in was awful and summed the place up. It was an uneven floor and uneven columns. The sign said something like this represented the unbalanced and uncertain feelings of those jews who had been forced to flee to North America. So a slightly uneven floor was the same as fleeing extermination. Ok. Of course it is. 

Or the angular room that was a little bit dark (but not fully) where you could hear a bit of the outside world but not much. THis represented the isolation of the jewish people at the time. Fuck off. Its a silly room with a bit of outside noise. Not the same at all.

Patronising, and insulting shit probably created by an A level art student