You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 01/08/2019 at 19:22, Sugar Ape said:

5E5BCB16-31FC-422D-AEA2-AD8740060F55.png

Outrageous, ginger is an anagram of n****r, what’s that favourite word on here racist? You could of said copper knob or something, I’m Autumn Gold myself and I take umbrage so reported to appropriate authorities, What’s it all coming to?

37 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Outrageous, ginger is an anagram of nigger, what’s that favourite word on here racist? You could of said copper knob or something, I’m Autumn Gold myself and I take umbrage so reported to appropriate authorities, What’s it all coming to?

23 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Outrageous, ginger is an anagram of nigger, what’s that favourite word on here racist? You could of said copper knob or something, I’m Autumn Gold myself and I take umbrage so reported to appropriate authorities, What’s it all coming to?

Hopefully a full ban you obsequious prick.

Well you did say something. You used a word that isn't acceptable. Granted, I don't think there is any real intent in the way it was used (although I don't actually know what your point was), but you still used it when there was no need and I'd appreciate it if you didn't do it again.

You can all argue whether the word should or shouldn't be allowed depending on the context, but ultimately what it boils down to is I just don't like seeing it and my first reaction when I see it is the same as when I hear it, which is to recoil and wince. 

So either refer to it as 'the N word' or use ***, I don't care which, but I don't want to see the actual word and I'm sure I'm not alone.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, dave u said:

Well you did say something. You used a word that isn't acceptable. Granted, I don't think there is any real intent in the way it was used (although I don't actually know what your point was), but you still used it when there was no need and I'd appreciate it if you didn't do it again.

You can all argue whether the word should or shouldn't be allowed depending on the context, but ultimately what it boils down to is I just don't like seeing it and my first reaction when I see it is the same as when I hear it, which is to recoil and wince. 

So either refer to it as 'the N word' or use ***, I don't care which, but I don't want to see the actual word and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Ok Dave point taken apologies for that , never thought to refer to such words in that way, it’s the first time I’ve said it , I was just reacting to the tiresome ginger cunt thing which is just as bad in my book so once again apologies for that.

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

Ok Dave point taken apologies for that , never thought to refer to such words in that way, it’s the first time I’ve said it , I was just reacting to the tiresome ginger cunt thing which is just as bad in my book so once again apologies for that.

Err...except it's nothing like as bad is it? Not even remotely, you melt.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Err...except it's nothing like as bad is it? Not even remotely, you melt.

It's all relative. Any word that has connotations to the person hearing it is going to be far more offended than other people. 

I was actually bullied significantly at school as I had long ginger hair and anyone who calls me a ginger cunt would have a lot of explaining to do. Otherwise they would be on the receiving end themselves. 

It's only not seen as bad to people who have not experienced the effects. 

Personally I was more offended by the reference to the fact the kid had cancer. 

Nah, not having it. I completely understand how insulting and personal anything can be to an individual but there's a significant difference between calling someone ginger and using a word that has been used in systematically suppressing generations upon generations of people. Culturally, socially and globally, one of these words has a much more significant impact and meaning than the other.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It's all relative.

You’re right, it is relative. Compared to black people, who have been owned, subjugated, segregated, and tied to trees from their necks, ginger people have had it relatively easy. Sorry to put it that way, but surely we can’t be comparing the two things so flippantly. Bullying people with ginger hair is ridiculous and wrong, and I’m sorry you suffered. To compare it with the things so feted by black people isn’t right, though. 

Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

People get bullied for loads of things. Being fat, being bald, having long hair, one of my mates at school got dogs abuse for being too skinny. Called skeleton and skull, told he looked like a concentration camp survivor or an Ethiopian refugee. 

None of those things are anywhere near as bad as the ‘N’ word and nor should jokes not be allowed about them. 

I don't like to get involved in these things but the guy has apologised so maybe time to let it go.

Obviously calling someone ginger isn't as bad as using the N word but he's probably sick to the back teeth of it which can lead to the odd irrational comment.

• Upvote 4