You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't think of anywhere else to put this

https://m.independent.ie/entertainment/radio/they-didnt-suit-you-are-these-the-best-wrong-answers-given-on-larry-gogans-just-a-minute-quiz-37690226.html

Today RTÉ announced 2FM stalwart, Larry Gogan will be leaving the station after 40 years and will now present on RTÉ's digital station, RTÉ Gold. And in homage to the legend of Irish broadcasting and his famous Just a Minute quiz, here are just some of the best answers that have been broadcast on his show down the years

Larry: Name something a blind man might use...

Contestant: A Sword 

Larry: Name the capital of France... Contestant: F  

Larry :Name a bird with a long neck... Contestant: Naomi Campbell

Larry:  Name an occupation where you might need a torch...

Contestant: A burglar

Larry: Name something that flies that doesn't have an engine... Contestant: A bicycle with wings

Larry: Where is the Taj Mahal? Contestant: Opposite the Dental Hospital

Larry: What was Hitlers first name? Contestant: Heil

Larry: Complete the saying "As happy as..

Contestant: Emmm.. Larry: Think of me... Contestant: A pig in sh*t

Larry: Can you name a  dangerous race? Contestant:The Arabs

Larry: The name of a famous bridge.... Contestant: The Bridge Over Troubled Waters

Larry: Something people might be allergic to?

Contestant: Skiing

Larry: What star do travellers follow? Joe Dolan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

They're from Family Fortunes!

Yeah, it’s a mix and match.  The “Taj Mahal” was definitely Larry Gogans show as it was an Indian restaurant in Dublin City centre across the road from the dental hospital. The Hitler one was Gogan too.  

I think most yhe rest are actually just made up but attributed to Family Fortunes for comedic affect. 

Larry Gogan was a famous Irish radio presenter who is retiring and had a quiz he did for decades. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Yeah, it’s a mix and match.  The “Taj Mahal” was definitely Larry Gogans show as it was an Indian restaurant in Dublin City centre across the road from the dental hospital. The Hitler one was Gogan too.  

I think most yhe rest are actually just made up but attributed to Family Fortunes for comedic affect. 

Larry Gogan was a famous Irish radio presenter who is retiring and had a quiz he did for decades. 

The Taj Mahal was pretty much the original curry house in Dublin, was it not? A kid in my class - circa '85 - had his birthday party there. I wasn't invited. Much to my disappointment, as the place seemed so exotic at the time.

Story of my life, really.

Edit: https://www.historyireland.com/20th-century-contemporary-history/foodwheres-the-taj-mahal-indian-restaurants-in-dublin-since-1908/