You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2018 at 9:31 AM, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Ah fair enough, insurance can be a proper pain in the arse with shit like this, companies are a lot less willing to take the risk, when the odds favour a quick payout!

i’’m 6-12 months from transplant, been at 13% for the last 12 months after a couple of major drops in function. My missus and da have both been matched as suitable donors, so all good, they are just waiting for that sweet spot of about 10% function, where I avoid dialysis, but squeeze as much juice as possible out of what I have. Catch 22 situation, I want to put off the operation as long as possible, but it means increased lethargy and poor sleep due to the frequent pissing, main thing is it’s no

longer a death sentence for us with access to good medical services.

I'd be happy to donate a kidney but I doubt we'd match. Good luck with the transplant.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 9:12 PM, Hades said:

I'd be happy to donate a kidney but I doubt we'd match. Good luck with the transplant.

Cheers Ears,

I’m one of the lucky ones, in that I have 2 donors ready and matched.

but if you are feeling altruistic, get in touch with your local hospital. There is a global shortage and people are dying due to not being able to get a match. It can have a massive impact oma great number of lives.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-16/altruistic-kidney-donation-saves-seven-lives-in-one-day/7032292?pfmredir=sm

https://kidney.org.au/your-kidneys/support/organ-donation/living-donors