Quantcast
Funny Pics that aren't worth starting a thread for - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
  • Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• Fair enough, he must have been carrying an injury when I made up my mind. One game he had lead in his boots
    • Sorry. Is this how you do it? by the way that Danny Rose interview  was beyond belief at how stupid he sounded. Cba finding it    
    • Repped for saying ‘pulling your leg’
    • From the daily wail which uses a story from that other rag.   This smacks of totalitarianism to me. In a country where your people are absolute rulers, you cannot question them. This is really pathetic by city's owners but its not the first and I dare say, the last time they'll pull this stunt.   Manchester City have reportedly made a formal complaint to referees chief Mike Riley over the officiating performance of Michael Oliver during their defeat by Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday. Oliver and VAR were at the centre of a refereeing storm after City were denied two penalty claims for handball against Trent Alexander-Arnold, with the first incident leading to the hosts' opener through Fabinho. After the second incident, City boss Pep Guardiola fumed at fourth official Mike Dean over the decisions, and at full time he said to Oliver: 'Thank you, thank you so much.' City have since sent a letter to PGMOL chief Riley on Monday, just 24 hours after the crunch clash in Liverpool.  The Premier League champions remain baffled as to why Oliver did not award them penalties for the two incidents, while Guardiola and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp aired their qualms with the use of VAR at the UEFA summit in Nyon earlier this week. According to  Riley is said to have responded 'constructively' to the letter ahead of a shareholder meeting of all 20 Premier League clubs set to take place on Thursday, in which the chief will give an update on the implementation of VAR. When asked whether he felt decisions had gone against his team, Guardiola said on Sunday: 'Which decisions? Oh. Mike Riley and his people – you have to ask them. It would not be nice after we lose to (complain). Ask Mike Riley and the big bosses about it. 'I said thank you every much. I said the same in the Tottenham game at home (when City were denied a last minute winner by VAR). Thank you so much. Most of the time when I go to the referees and my colleagues, I say thank you so much and good luck.' When it was put to him that Riley does not make himself available for interviews, the City manager said: ‘That’s the point. You talk about the game. I am not hear to talk about the referees. Ask to them, my friend. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7682367/Manchester-City-make-formal-complaint-referee-Michael-Oliver.html
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors