You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

aaron lennon??

Guest paulhigham

i heard from an unnoffical source that we are preparing a 10million bid for him what u reckon??

I'd love to know who all these unofficial sources are that keep linking us with nearly every half decent player in Europe. The rate we're going we're gonna have to enter another three teams into the premiership for everyone to get a game.

Yep. The only player at Spurs I'd be happy to see here is King - and I'm no longer sure about him with his fitness record over the last 18 months.

I've always thought he was a little over-rated to be honest. He's a good player, but with the way agger and carra played together last season, I don't see him improving our first XI. To me that's what we should be concentrating on - if every player we bring in this summer is good enough to make the side in the biggest of games, it automatically improves the standard of our squad players, as last years automatic choice would then be nothing more than a squad player.

I think he's better than Pennant plain and simply because as soon as he gets the ball he runs as people and that causes defences to panic and allows the front men to find space.

Macca wasnt that good at crossing but he was ace at taking people on and creating in other ways.

He's a different kind of wide player to what we seem to be looking for - we seem to want a traditional winger who will hug the touchline and hit quality crosses in whereas Lennon's game seems to be about beating his man and bringing the ball inside at speed.

I like him and at £10m, I'd buy him but he won't be available at that price (or possibly at all) and I can't see Rafa putting in an undervalued bid for the fun of it. I'm all for us not over-valuing players, but repeated bids of about £4m below a player's realistic asking price should be the exclusive preserve of the media-hungry desperados across the park.

Oh and he is fucking way, way better than Pennant.

The gap between Pennant and Lennon in the first half of last season was immense, and on that basis I'd be 100% in favour of a bid. Things have changed somewhat since then. Lennon hasn't really progressed as he might have done, and while he is a good player who may become a great one, greatness still needs to be established.

Pennant looked bad business in the first half of last season, while after Christmas he earned his keep. This culminated in some good displays and I'd have to say he was one of our most effective performers against AC Milan.

Lennon is still the better player, but the gap is too small for me to warrant a £10M bid, especially if they are vying for the same position.

I have a sneaky feeling that the thread starter might be Momo. Just a hunch.

Nah, I reckon Momo's that guy with his location as Norway, but whose spelling mistakes are too non-sensical, as if a brit is trying to type like a Norge with bad english...

Nah, I reckon Momo's that guy with his location as Norway, but whose spelling mistakes are too non-sensical, as if a brit is trying to type like a Norge with bad english...

I'm sorry, but if it me you reckon is Momo, you're quite wrong.

I've been here since sometime late in 04 (joined i may of 05),Momo first joined sometime in 06 I think.

And my spelling mistakes form a couple of days ago is the Heinekens fault.

I even answered RiS in norwegian in one of his threads about condoms, how the hell would Momo do that?

Anyway, if I'm not the person you're thinking about, I'm sorry, I just don't won't to be label "a" Momo.Hope you understand.

Oh no, he's not Momo. you cheeky so and so.

I think Lennon is a very talented player, but as yet he doesn't produce enough. That was levelled at fake Ronaldo a couple of years ago and now everyone bums him, so maybe he'll get better. I'd rather have SWP if we had the choice.

we could have had eto'o when we bought diouf ... so best not go near eto'o either eh? what type of a reason is that?!

real owned half of eto's contract at the time, they could have had him but chose not too. he chose barca over us doubt he will come here now either. at 1m we could have bought him and not really lost anything then sign him for 10mil whose no better than someone already at the club

Lennon has quicker feet than Pennant and is better at beating a player.

Pennants distribution is a league above Lennon's, Lennon struggles to kick a ball at times. For this reason I dont think he would be a good signing.

real owned half of eto's contract at the time, they could have had him but chose not too. he chose barca over us doubt he will come here now either. at 1m we could have bought him and not really lost anything then sign him for 10mil whose no better than someone already at the club

I wasn't talking about when rafa thought of bringing him in in his 1st summer. I was talkng about 2002 when we chose diouf for £10m over eto'o for £5m.

I'm sorry, but if it me you reckon is Momo, you're quite wrong.

I've been here since sometime late in 04 (joined i may of 05),Momo first joined sometime in 06 I think.

And my spelling mistakes form a couple of days ago is the Heinekens fault.

I even answered RiS in norwegian in one of his threads about condoms, how the hell would Momo do that?

Anyway, if I'm not the person you're thinking about, I'm sorry, I just don't won't to be label "a" Momo.Hope you understand.

Muchos apologios Shifty, I saw that condom thread before and realised my mistake. Good work with the Heineken, now I know it's booze related super spelling, it will bring many a chuckle :thumbup: You didn't post anything Momo-like, just had my doubts.

I think he's better than Pennant plain and simply because as soon as he gets the ball he runs as people and that causes defences to panic and allows the front men to find space.

Macca wasnt that good at crossing but he was ace at taking people on and creating in other ways.

I think we need that player who can take the ball forward on his own and beat people at pace. Aaron Lennon could do that and I would be excited about how Rafa could develop his game. We really miss this type of player. I did hope that Gonzo would do it and Rafa gave him plenty of chances to do it but he didn't make the type of impact you need from a player like that.

I have seen some stuff on Lennon wanting to return to the north as he has not settled too well in London. Maybe that would effect his price?

I would take Lennon over Phillips. Lennon is way younger whereas Phillips had his chance and ended up on the bench for far too long. I wouldn't describe him as a youngster anymore, but he does have some talent and pace but has been out of the groove for so long that he is still catagorised as such.

I think that having that much time out of the first team inpacts negatively on a players ability to reach his potential. He is 25 and its all still about what he might become.