You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

aaron lennon??

Guest paulhigham

personally by the end of the season i was warming to pennant, his form picked up and he began to look like a useful player. my mate watches way more spurs matches than i, and he is constantly telling me that lennon flatters to decieve, lacks final pass, cant cross and the play tends to break down a lot in his posession, all that in combination of the inflated price

no thanks

we could have bought him for 1million when he left leeds, so why buy now

Worst. Argument. Ever.

If we didn't sign players we could have got cheaper at an earlier date, we would never sign ANYONE.

If £10m is his value in the transfer market (and if Pennant is worth £6m, that seems reasonable enough), then that's what you pay.

rather SWP than Lennon as both have pace both can play down the right beat a man and are young England stars

but i think SWP has a better finish in front of goal but if we get either i would be suprised to say the least for the following reasons

1/ Club selling to a rival

2/ They are both English

3/ They are both over priced

4/ You can sign a more complete player from elsewhere for less

5/ Might have a fee of 10m for someone but not to Liverpool

why would spurs sell if they thought he was any use? personally, i think he's ordinary and no better than pennant ... and that comes from someone who thinks pennant will never be good enough.

Yep. The only player at Spurs I'd be happy to see here is King - and I'm no longer sure about him with his fitness record over the last 18 months.

True, I suppose. I'm not sure he's much better than what we've got, though.

Depends if he can maintain last season's form - on which he's certainly a class above Bellamy and Kuyt. It's all a bit irrelevant anyway I suppose, but I do think the one area Spurs are as strong if not stronger than us is the final third - maybe not individually, but some of the attacking play they put together as a team towards the end of last season was very impressive.

Shite in defence and central midfield though.