You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Speaks

redrosetints

Giggs plays on the left flank. Carrick, Scholes, and Hargreaves are trying to play in the middle. Ronaldo plays on the right. Rooney up front... I can see three in the center of the park with Giggs and Ronaldo on the high flanks but...

Where do these kids fit in? They don't

I gotta agree with Bob... I think it's just Ferguscum getting ready to leave the club and Queeroz wanting some kids to work with for when he takes over.

Ferguson getting ready to leave is just wishful thinking, in my view. I reckon he's got our 18 titles firmly in his sights now, and he'll also be desperate to add at least one more European Cup. He'll be there into his 70s with the quality and potential he's currently got at his disposal at United.

Those kids are the replacements for Giggs and Scholes and next season they'll be eased in with the simultaneous benefit of giving the two older players a rest. Hargreaves is a superb addition for them, in my opinion - especially in Europe where his pace and stamina in protecting the defence will allow them to translate their all-out attacking policy from the league without being so exposed at the back.

The status quo at United is one of the main reasons I'm becoming so desperate for dramatic improvements with us. Can you imagine how sickening it'd be to see them on 19 titles?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope that Ferguscum leaves. My big hope was that Cristiano Ronaldo would have been sold this summer, Fergie says no, and the americans come over his head and try to knock a big chunk of their debt off with the sale and Alex quits in response.

However, that didn't happen! =(

The status quo at United is one of the main reasons I'm becoming so desperate for dramatic improvements with us. Can you imagine how sickening it'd be to see them on 19 titles?

They will have caught our title total within 5 seasons, the money the club generates will guarantee that, they can pay the biggest wages and the highest fees. Abramovich appears to have lost interest in pumping money into Chelsea, Henry and Wenger will soon leave Arsenal and we won't generate more cash for at least 4 years. I'd expect the Mancs to win at least 3 of the next 5 titles.

They will have caught our title total within 5 seasons, the money the club generates will guarantee that, they can pay the biggest wages and the highest fees. Abramovich appears to have lost interest in pumping money into Chelsea, Henry and Wenger will soon leave Arsenal and we won't generate more cash for at least 4 years. I'd expect the Mancs to win at least 3 of the next 5 titles.

Which is why it's so important to improve our squad on the short term right now! :|

As someone said earlier in the thread Talk Is Cheap and I think Paul said actions speak louder than words.

Gillett just comes over as slimey slippery little fucker and until I hear from Hicks who I believe to be much more trustworthy then all the concerns I have still remain.

I think the article actually raises more concerns than it allays fears.

Hopefully we'll hear from Hicks soon.

Jesus man, you talk some shite. Other than generally being 'American' he hasn't done anything wrong. Do you think he has bought the club just to see it stagnate nad wither? You, like nearly everone else on the planet, has no idea at all about what is going on behind the scenes. Yet, based on no knowledge, you are prepared to castigate and insult.

Have a think and you'll figure out that 'wait and see' is the mature thing to do.

I wonder ar G&H saying to Rafa "we will give you the money for one big signing for next season but you will have to win us the league next season or else.."

Has everyone gone mad? Just how COMPLETELY speculative is this? Based on no knowledge or information we are now asking "Is Rafa being threatened with the sack?"

Comments like this are - to use management speak - completely unhelpful and just fuel the fires of the bullshit that a lot of people are coming out with.

WAIT AND SEE.

What a fucking terrible and frightening thought. The worst is: I think you are right.

What makes this even more bitter and hard to take is the fact that we are only to or three quality players away from being a title winning team but as things look now we don`t seem to get them.

One thing is certain: We have absolutely no other choice than to rely on Rafa and his plan – we don`t have the time to rebuild and start from scratch with a new manager.

So I hope to god for some positive transfer news and that Rafa adjusts the tactics for next seasons away games. No more cautious approach to away games against shit teams – go out and destroy them! In fact a generally more positive and attacking style is needed – not only because it looks better, but because it also gives the better results in the long term.

Jesus man, you talk some shite. Other than generally being 'American' he hasn't done anything wrong. Do you think he has bought the club just to see it stagnate nad wither? You, like nearly everone else on the planet, has no idea at all about what is going on behind the scenes. Yet, based on no knowledge, you are prepared to castigate and insult.

Have a think and you'll figure out that 'wait and see' is the mature thing to do.

Its an opinion FFS

The last time I looked we lived in a free world with free speach and were allowed an opinion without being taken out and shot at dawn

As to Wait & See, well thats fucking boring and no fun.

The great thing about having opinions is you get to see if there right or not and on that score we'll have to wait and see.

I think Gillett is slippery slimey little fecker and I like Hicks who to me comes over as hard but honest.

You really do need to learn to tolerate other peoples opinions even if you dont agree with them.

Happy Fathers day mate

Its an opinion FFS

The last time I looked we lived in a free world with free speach and were allowed an opinion without being taken out and shot at dawn

The great thing about having opinions is you get to see if there right or not and on that score we'll have to wait and see.

I think Gillett is slippery slimey little fecker and I like Hicks who to me comes over as hard but honest.

You really do need to learn to tolerate other peoples opinions even if you dont agree with them.

Happy Fathers day mate

Matey, it's not a matter of tolerating other people's opinions. I believe I do. However, an opinion based on speculation, guessing or bullshit is not worth tolerating. And the vast majority of negative shit that people are talking on this and other forums about who we are or should or aren't signing is based on NO knowledge at all.

Wait and see might be boring but brainless ill-thought out speculation that just serves to stir up more bullshit is pathetic.

I'm telling you. Most people on here have gone mad and are not thinking straight.

Matey, it's not a matter of tolerating other people's opinions. I believe I do. However, an opinion based on speculation, guessing or bullshit is not worth tolerating. And the vast majority of negative shit that people are talking on this and other forums about who we are or should or aren't signing is based on NO knowledge at all.

Wait and see might be boring but brainless ill-thought out speculation that just serves to stir up more bullshit is pathetic.

I'm telling you. Most people on here have gone mad and are not thinking straight.

In my experience, people who think other people are mad are the ones that need worrying about.

Its an opinion FFS

Happy Fathers day mate

Do you require cream with that.

Funny how people recoil in horror at the thought of signing Bent or Forlan but cream their kecks at the idea of spending £32m on a player who only scored 7 goals last season.

When they finally started playing him he started 11 games at the end of the season. He scored 7 goals and had 5 assists in those games, so he had a direct contribution to 12 goals in 11 games, that's not to mention his overall contribution. He kept them up almost single handedly.

Gillett and his wife, Rose, have a dinner date with BenÍtez and his wife, Montse, next week. Gillett, presumably, will pick up the bill. But there may be more than pleasantries discussed between courses.

Anyone know when this is happening as I would presume nothing is really gonna happen until Rafa says the following over dinner

George tu eres Mi amgio pero porque tu eres Mentira muy grande Y donde esta mi dinero para jugadores nuevos ?

Hopefully we will then know where we and more importantly Rafa stands

Its no good buying a 30m striker....if the wingers cant deliver

But is it any good spending 30m on a striker who is going to playing in the ANC in january when we might need him and what if he ends up injured should go for Milito or Torres if were signing from Spain