You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

George Speaks

redrosetints

Am I the only one that sees Hicks and Gillette in a similar vein as Ant & Dec? I mean, I know there are two of them and I know who they are, but I don't know which is which.

Have they got the same great Geordie banter, though?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that sees Hicks and Gillette in a similar vein as Ant & Dec? I mean, I know there are two of them and I know who they are, but I don't know which is which.

Lol, it is hard to tell

However as I actually like Hicks and have a voodoo doll of Gillett so I can tell the difference

Everyone has there opinion and its a free world where we can all have a different point of view.

I dont see anyone giving Dave, YKI or the Count a hard time so lets just tolerate each others point of view and hope everything turns out for the best and LFC moves on in a positive direction and we can put all this shit behind us.

COME ON YOU REDS

But while Gillett admits he is privy to the fans' frustration, he insists the Reds regime will not be forced into any token buys.

"I sense that kind of pressure building from the media," he told The Times.

So who is fuelling this demand for the biggest and most expensive names in football?

I don't think that Gillett or Hicks ever said that there would be unlimited funds for players. They say one thing and the media turn it into something else. It's not what they are saying, it's what they are not saying and everybody reads between the lines and comes up with something else.

I think there is a sensible budget for players and we're not prepared to pay anything to get any player. Time will tell but I think Rafa'll be very happy with his acquisitions by the end of summer.

*mondays headlines: Rafa quits over lack of transfer funding.

I don't think that Gillett or Hicks ever said that there would be unlimited funds for players. They say one thing and the media turn it into something else. QUOTE]

Let's be honest the media are making much less of this than we are - read any LFC web site and the majority noise is 'where's our 50 mill', once again, it's embarassing.

i cant name one target of Rafa's who has signed for another team

Well, the only reason Bent hasn't signed for another team is because he didn't want to join West Ham. And who is to say Anderson and Nani weren't Rafa targets? I should think any manager worth his salt would be pleased to have those two in his team.

Funny how people recoil in horror at the thought of signing Bent or Forlan but cream their kecks at the idea of spending £32m on a player who only scored 7 goals last season.

Tevez has the potential to be THE best player in the world, the other two dont. Tevez would in my opinion push us closer in one fell swoop.

But while Gillett admits he is privy to the fans' frustration, he insists the Reds regime will not be forced into any token buys.

"I sense that kind of pressure building from the media," he told The Times.

So who is fuelling this demand for the biggest and most expensive names in football?

I don't think that Gillett or Hicks ever said that there would be unlimited funds for players. They say one thing and the media turn it into something else. It's not what they are saying, it's what they are not saying and everybody reads between the lines and comes up with something else.

I think there is a sensible budget for players and we're not prepared to pay anything to get any player. Time will tell but I think Rafa'll be very happy with his acquisitions by the end of summer.

*mondays headlines: Rafa quits over lack of transfer funding.

If Bascombe is to be believed (and IMO he should be because of his track record) then Rafa's top target would be Eto'o. So Rafa is one person who wants one of the biggest and most expensive names in world football.

They never said there would be unlimited funds but Hicks did say this:

"There will be substantial funds available to Rafa Benitez. It's player specific. If Rafa has a player he really wants - and who costs a lot of money but he can show where he fits in - we'll do it, whatever the price."

So if they are to be believed then we should be seeing a major bid for Eto'o in the next few days IMO.

I wonder ar G&H saying to Rafa "we will give you the money for one big signing for next season but you will have to win us the league next season or else.."

Thats the way I thought it was going to go Ie Rafa was going to get his players this season but then there would or could be no excuses If Rafa failed to deliver a very serious title challenge.

At this moment in time there seems to be some back tracking going on and as Dave's rumour says we've been putting in insulting bids for players

Presumably the next week should sort a few things out as other clubs make there move for Rafa's targets

Well, the only reason Bent hasn't signed for another team is because he didn't want to join West Ham. And who is to say Anderson and Nani weren't Rafa targets? I should think any manager worth his salt would be pleased to have those two in his team.

And who is to say Anderson and Nani weren't Rafa targets? I should think any manager worth his salt would be pleased to have those two in his team?

Based on what?? It all comes down to the type of game a manager wants his team to play and if those players will fit in. You are I assume deeply impressed by both players , as it happens I'm not and who knows what Rafa, Wenger and Moninho think? On another point who would be happy if we signed Tal ben Haim or Robert Huth ? There's plenty of time yet to judge what the club does I certainly don't consider Nani or Anderson to be big WOW type signings.

interestingly the Chelsea scout thinks there's a lot of hype about Nani and doesnt think he'll make it to the next level

Chelsea scout Piet de Visser insists Manchester United paid over-the-odds for Nani.

The Dutchman, a personal adviser to Blues owner Roman Abramovich and one of their main scouts, is known as one of the best judges of talent in Europe.

Talking to Dutch television, de Visser revealed that he and Chelsea were well aware of Nani - but he was not worth the money that United paid.

"Of course we knew about Nani for a long time," he told Tien TV.

"He is a talent, but if you look at the European Championship in Portugal and the current tournament in the Netherlands - Nani has not shown any progress.

"Therefore I think Manchester United have paid too much money for a player who has talent, but has not developed since last year."

De Visser also revealed that he was looking at up to four players at the current European Under-21 tournament.

interestingly the Chelsea scout thinks there's a lot of hype about Nani and doesnt think he'll make it to the next level

But the £35m quoted for both players has clauses relating to how well they do, so if they both fail it won't be £35m.

As someone said earlier in the thread Talk Is Cheap and I think Paul said actions speak louder than words.

Gillett just comes over as slimey slippery little fucker and until I hear from Hicks who I believe to be much more trustworthy then all the concerns I have still remain.

I think the article actually raises more concerns than it allays fears.

Hopefully we'll hear from Hicks soon.

Fucking ell!

But the £35m quoted for both players has clauses relating to how well they do, so if they both fail it won't be £35m.

I think it was a case of the Man United manager ellect picking the players he wants in his team when he takes over

no great suprise that the players are from Portugal

As iv said before the three players signed by united dont improve the best 11 players they can play

The two young lads will be in a fight for places with Ronaldo and Giggs and Hardgreaves with Scholes and Carrick or at rightback for Neville and i dont see 55m worth of improvement in the first choice 11 but if they had signed just Nani and lets say Eto i think the 11 would have improved or even just Eto ?

but its all opinion

Giggs plays on the left flank. Carrick, Scholes, and Hargreaves are trying to play in the middle. Ronaldo plays on the right. Rooney up front... I can see three in the center of the park with Giggs and Ronaldo on the high flanks but...

Where do these kids fit in? They don't

I gotta agree with Bob... I think it's just Ferguscum getting ready to leave the club and Queeroz wanting some kids to work with for when he takes over.