Quantcast
George Speaks - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
redrosetints

George Speaks

This should shut up a few people up if there's an ounce of truth in this:

http://www.worldcupengland2018.com/getstory.php?storyid=29

I really hope that's true. He'd be a fucking brilliant signing. If it does turn out that we don't have the money to transform the entire attack at the top-ish end of the market, then I'd be more than happy with just him. We'd have to nail our hopes to Harry Kewell's fitness, some consistency from Pennant and more goals from Dirk if we wanted to challenge for the title, but we'd deffo be a much stronger side with Tevez around.

I really hope that's true. He'd be a fucking brilliant signing. If it turns out we don't have the money to transform the entire attack at the top-ish end of the market, then I'd be more than happy with just him. We'd have to nail our hopes to Harry Kewell's fitness, some consistency from Pennant and more goals from Dirk if we wanted to challenge for the title, but we'd deffo be a much stronger side with Tevez around.

We need to get his mate permanantly signed, pronto.

I really hope that's true. He'd be a fucking brilliant signing. If it does turn out that we don't have the money to transform the entire attack at the top-ish end of the market, then I'd be more than happy with just him. We'd have to nail our hopes to Harry Kewell's fitness, some consistency from Pennant and more goals from Dirk if we wanted to challenge for the title, but we'd deffo be a much stronger side with Tevez around.

Yossi is one of the better players on the right flank in the Prem. He and Pennant would have a real dog fight for who plays second fiddle to Gerrard on that flank.

Yossi is one of the better players on the right flank in the Prem. He and Pennant would have a real dog fight for who plays second fiddle to Gerrard on that flank.

I was assuming a £32m bid for Tevez would put paid to anyone else coming in.

is that you borat?

Heh, one would think...

After putting it trough babelfish (drunk/high - English) this is what i got.

I think we are one of the temes inn for etooo..

doutn we weill get hiom thoug... but i t sure would be naice ...

I think we are one of the teams inn for Eto'o.

Doubt we will get him though, but it sure would be nice.

Yeah, because that makes sense. Signing a player on £50,000 a week to provide competition for the competition...

I'd love to know what Hicks and Gillett's disagreements are?

I'm warming to Hicks as he appears more straight-talking.

I think they're both talking out of their ass. Wasn't it Hicks that said we would have a major signing in the bag at the end of last week?

I think they're both talking out of their ass. Wasn't it Hicks that said we would have a major signing in the bag at the end of last week?

No. He said we may have some good news.

Funny how people recoil in horror at the thought of signing Bent or Forlan but cream their kecks at the idea of spending £32m on a player who only scored 7 goals last season.

chairmen should be seen and not heard

way too much talk by this yank muppet, mind you, if we actually do sopend any of his money, then he can talk all he bloody wants, until then, he should keep his beak buttoned!!

Think the quotes were in reference to new contracts being signed rather than new signings. He said Parry was dealing with the wording of contracts and we'd hopefully hear something in the next week. Few days later Carra and Gerrard signed new deals with Reina and Alonso following not long after.

People may have jumped to conclusions with the idea he was talking about new players.

Funny how people recoil in horror at the thought of signing Bent or Forlan but cream their kecks at the idea of spending £32m on a player who only scored 7 goals last season.

In fairness he is a three time South American footballer of the year and he looks to be one of the most gifted footbalers on the planet. This combined with the fact most of his goals came when he had apperared to adapted to the English game makes him much more attractive than a player who has flopped in the English game and one who whilst showing a fair bit of promise doesn't strike many people as a top class player (despite his goals).

Get the feeling some "supporters" would absolutely love this to all go tits up this Summer so they can come back with "Look what I said back in May/June, I was right about these" etc etc.

I think most people who are sceptical about the new owners would like nothing more to be proved completely wrong.

Personally, I find it hard to imagine my celebrations of number 19 next May being spoiled by thoughts of a numpty I had an argument with on the internet 11 months previously.

It's just that some people choose to support whichever businessman happens to be in charge of the club, and some people choose to support the club.

If that's 'all' we spend then yeah I'd agree, we need more than one forward for next season.

Can see us spending more than 30 million though, Rafa's signings so far make no sense if he's being given a very limited budget.

Everythings now perfect then, I wonder what all the fuss was about

Nothings changed.

Those who want to string them up still want to string them up and those who are waiting to see what happens before having aneurysm are still holding fire.

“But to put it back in context, Rafa had had a very disappointing night and was walking the streets of Athens for five hours after the game. He didn’t sleep after the game and then he saw you guys in the media, so I think we understood that. We’ve all been there and said things in a moment of frustration or passion.”

Since I voted "chilly" on the "Be honest" thread, what caught my attention was the above. Compared with most managers, Rafa seems so cool during games - ok, now and then you can see he is annoyed with a particular player, but generally he doesn't get down on his knees and wave his arms about when we score.

The above makes it easier for me to understand the "money now", toys-out-of-pram outburst - I guess it's easy to be taken in by Rafa's pitch side buddha-like calm.

Would forumites be as concerned today if that outburst hadn't happened?

As someone said earlier in the thread Talk Is Cheap and I think Paul said actions speak louder than words.

Gillett just comes over as slimey slippery little fucker and until I hear from Hicks who I believe to be much more trustworthy then all the concerns I have still remain.

I think the article actually raises more concerns than it allays fears.

Hopefully we'll hear from Hicks soon.

Since I voted "chilly" on the "Be honest" thread, what caught my attention was the above. Compared with most managers, Rafa seems so cool during games - ok, now and then you can see he is annoyed with a particular player, but generally he doesn't get down on his knees and wave his arms about when we score.

The above makes it easier for me to understand the "money now", toys-out-of-pram outburst - I guess it's easy to be taken in by Rafa's pitch side buddha-like calm.

Would forumites be as concerned today if that outburst hadn't happened?

Personally I would be nowhere near as concerned but whatever Gillett says to explain it that Rafa outburst showed his frustration with how the club had been and was continuing to operate. It was explicit in detailing the problems as well - lack of speed, too much talk etc

That level of concern was deeply worrying and the information that has came from all of the well iunformed sources since then has only led to many fans becoming more worried.

As someone said earlier in the thread Talk Is Cheap and I think Paul said actions speak louder than words.

Gillett just comes over as slimey slippery little fucker and until I hear from Hicks who I believe to be much more trustworthy then all the concerns I have still remain.

I think the article actually raises more concerns than it allays fears.

Hopefully we'll hear from Hicks soon.

Am I the only one that sees Hicks and Gillette in a similar vein as Ant & Dec? I mean, I know there are two of them and I know who they are, but I don't know which is which.

Get the feeling some "supporters" would absolutely love this to all go tits up this Summer so they can come back with "Look what I said back in May/June, I was right about these" etc etc.

It's not even about right or wrong, is it? I just want this summer to have a big and positive impact, and Rafa's comments, plus our reported targets, lead me to think that isn't going to happen. However, if it does go well - and the time to really judge will be after any new players have bedded in, regardless of who they are - I'll happily put myself in the forum stocks for everyone to throw rotten tomatoes at. I just want a title challenge (preferably with more attacking football), and if we get that, I'll have no complaints.

I have to say though, that I just don't see what's so bad about what I'm saying. If I am proven "right", I won't be smug about it. I do get the feeling that there are plenty of people on the other side of the debate who are desperate to say, "Told you so". In fact a few have posted as much.

Having said that, I reckon we should just stop these general comments about people who take the opposite view. If anyone has a problem with a specific opinion, they should address it to the person who holds it, not tar everyone with the same brush.