You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who held the smoking gun(s)?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who held the smoking gun(s)?

• Oswald did it
    • Hell no, Im a conspiracy theorist
    • I dunno, it was some cunt with a gun I imagine
    • J.F who?

Just watched that JFK II posted just above, and am a sucker for anything, it basically goes into detail about how shots came from all over, each individual wound in kennedy, connally, and several in the car and others in the curb and grass around were all seperate shots, how it was all linked to nixon and even george bush senior.

Apparently E. Howard Hunt confessed to being one of the shooters on his deathbed.

Days before the 47th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s death, Jesse Ventura’s “Conspiracy Theory” will air an episode tonight at 10pm regarding what Ventura considers to be the most significant conspiracy of his generation.

The show will air the JFK “deathbed confession” audio tape of former CIA agent and Watergate conspirator E. Howard Hunt, who claims JFK was in fact killed by more than one shooter under the direction of the CIA.

Hunt says that Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson was also involved in the assassination due to “an almost maniacal urge to become president, he regarded JFK as an obstacle to achieving that.”

Hunt names several people involved in the conspiracy and Ventura’s team will provide evidence that some of these individuals have close ties to former President and CIA director George H.W. Bush.

“Conspiracy Theory” will also show Ventura, a former Navy SEAL, Underwater Demolitions expert and an expert shot, attempting to recreate the alleged shot Lee Harvey Oswald took on the Dealey Plaza on November 22, 1963 using the same make, model and ammunition stock claimed to be used by the Warren Commission.

The fact that Ventura, an expert BAMF, can’t duplicate the accuracy of marksman Oswald’s alleged shot, is supposed to show the impracticality that anyone could have made that shot and successfully hit JFK.

The House Select Committee on Assassinations said in 1978 that their investigation concluded a 95% or higher chance that JFK was killed by more than one shooter, validating the assassination was a conspiracy and to never doubt Jesse Ventura.

Edited by Arl arse

Apparently E. Howard Hunt confessed to being one of the shooters on his deathbed.

Days before the 47th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s death, Jesse Ventura’s “Conspiracy Theory” will air an episode tonight at 10pm regarding what Ventura considers to be the most significant conspiracy of his generation.

The show will air the JFK “deathbed confession” audio tape of former CIA agent and Watergate conspirator E. Howard Hunt, who claims JFK was in fact killed by more than one shooter under the direction of the CIA.

Hunt says that Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson was also involved in the assassination due to “an almost maniacal urge to become president, he regarded JFK as an obstacle to achieving that.”

Hunt names several people involved in the conspiracy and Ventura’s team will provide evidence that some of these individuals have close ties to former President and CIA director George H.W. Bush.

“Conspiracy Theory” will also show Ventura, a former Navy SEAL, Underwater Demolitions expert and an expert shot, attempting to recreate the alleged shot Lee Harvey Oswald took on the Dealey Plaza on November 22, 1963 using the same make, model and ammunition stock claimed to be used by the Warren Commission.

The fact that Ventura, an expert BAMF, can’t duplicate the accuracy of marksman Oswald’s alleged shot, is supposed to show the impracticality that anyone could have made that shot and successfully hit JFK.

The House Select Committee on Assassinations said in 1978 that their investigation concluded a 95% or higher chance that JFK was killed by more than one shooter, validating the assassination was a conspiracy and to never doubt Jesse Ventura.

Whilst that 'could' be true mate, about 250 different people have claimed to be the man in the Gorilla suit for the Patterson 'Bigfoot' film.

Whilst that 'could' be true mate, about 250 different people have claimed to be the man in the Gorilla suit for the Patterson 'Bigfoot' film.

And on the other side of the coin you could argue that Oswald never had the chance to be proven guilty or innocent because he was silenced by good old 'patriotic' Jack Ruby. It's all opinion.

There's a few interesting points regarding Hunt in that link i put up, mate, he was a shady character that's for sure. Try and google that doc if you can mate, you'll love it, it's even more insane than Jim Marrs book in parts.

And on the other side of the coin you could argue that Oswald never had the chance to be proven guilty or innocent because he was silenced by good old 'patriotic' Jack Ruby. It's all opinion.

There's a few interesting points regarding Hunt in that link i put up, mate, he was a shady character that's for sure. Try and google that doc if you can mate, you'll love it, it's even more insane than Jim Marrs book in parts.

Ah yeah, no arguments from me there Phil. I think the actions of Jack Ruby were just as important as any factor in the whole Historical context and interest of the case.

I'll watch that Doc later. I'll watch Monday nights offerings and then we can chew it over. I'll keep them on SKY+ aswell, maybe after Xmas we can chew the cud over a beer or two.

Guest San Don

There was a programme on tv about a guy who'd built a replica of kennedy's car so they could re enact the shooting to determine where the bullets came from.

They proved the fatal shots could only have been made by someone in the Texas Book Depository.

Guest The Chimp

Watching something called "Oswald's Ghost" now on TV. Just started. One thing about Lee Harvey, if his motive was fame, ie. he killed Kennedy so as to make a name for himself, why d'you reckon he kept on denying it when asked by the press? Not saying he didn't do it, but given the stage why not use it?

It might cover that in this documentary, will report back.

Watching something called "Oswald's Ghost" now on TV. Just started. One thing about Lee Harvey, if his motive was fame, ie. he killed Kennedy so as to make a name for himself, why d'you reckon he kept on denying it when asked by the press? Not saying he didn't do it, but given the stage why not use it?

A very, very good question Al, one that has always puzzled me. You would think that he would be standing on a box and be claiming full responsibility for it, whether he had done it or not given what we (sort of) know about his character.

I'm not sure I can answer that one.

I don't know which side I'm on, but I would be leaning towards the conspiracy theory side. I have a question for you though Rob about the magic bullet theory.

Do you, and if so how do you believe that the bullet found on the stretcher in the hospital, went through all of those layers of cloth, skin and bone and came out looking completely unscathed having been lodged in Connallys leg for however long without any trace of cloth, skin, blood or bone on it, barely even looking as though it had been fired?

Guest The Chimp

The documentary didn't really add much to what I already knew but did provide an opinion as to why Oswald denied knowledge. According to Norman Mailer, - it was the shooting of the police officer. This meant that far from being a revolutionary Oswald had shown himself to be little more than a common criminal and that the show case he wanted (and that he would have got from the trial) in which he could set forth why he'd done it and air his political dogma was undone by this. I have to say it left me far from convinced but it was not the focal point of the documentary and covered in a paragraph really.

I deffo think Oswald's shot Kennedy (at him at the very least) but I've serious doubts as to him acting in isolation.

Most interesting thing that I saw was someone (a local journalist) who knew Ruby and said that for all intents and purposes it looked as if Ruby's decision to shoot Oswald's was last minute. He got up late and actually was at the court at a time when Oswald should have already been moved; his dog was left in car etc.

A truly fucked up time in the States on reflection. Assassinations of both Kennedy's, MLK, Malcolm X, race riots, Vietnam, Cuba, student protests etc., all in the same decade.

Guest San Don

Not necessarily. Look at the number of 'failed' terrorists who when put in the dock say they were not involved with terrorism.

I dont go along with the bit about no one else has managed to replicate oswald's alleged firing sequence either.

A couple of programmes have shown people could reproduce what oswald did ie managed to loose off a number of rounds and hit a melon representing jfk's head in the slow moving presidential car.

The fact that the zapruder film show's the top front of jfk's head opening up forwards is a clear indication the kill shot came from the rear ie the book repository.

Edited by San Don
spelt zapruder wrong!

Guest San Don

Obviously, the following is copyrighted to the following website & owner

The Zapruder Film of the Kennedy Assassination

Much debate has centered on what the Zapruder film shows, particularly the "backward" head movement supposedly indicative of a shot from the Grassy Knoll, thus ruling out Oswald's "Sniper's Nest" to the President's right rear. For decades, this evidence of a frontal assassin was presented as conclusive to lecture and TV audiences. In 1991, the graphic head explosion served as the startling climax to Oliver Stone's JFK.

To this day, millions remain unaware that such forthright evidence of a second gunman was undermined almost from the beginning. In 1965, researchers using a frame-by-frame comparison discovered the head went violently forward between Zapruder frames 312 (last frame before impact) and frame 313 (head explosion). The subsequent backward motion is much more slower and thus more distinctive in live-action viewing.

The forward head movement, along with the explosion forward of skull and brain material is entirely consistent with a shot from the Sniper's Nest. By frame 313, the Grassy Knoll was perpendicular to the President's head; an impact would have exited through the left side of the skull, but autopsy X-rays and photos show no skull or metal fragments in the left hemisphere, much less a gaping exit wound.

So, why did the head execute such a seemingly massive rearward movement immediately after being pushed forward by the bullet's impact? Simple: it had no place else to go. Frame 312 shows the chin already pressing against the chest (a reaction to the throat wound that Oswald had inflicted five seconds before). The bullet's impact, coming from the rear, drove the head forward until it compressed against the chest, causing an immediate (though less violent) recoil to the rear and left.

Other theories, consistent with a lone assassin, include:

I call it the Compression/Recoil Theory. The initial forward movement of the head was confirmed by the Nix film; that the rearward recoil also went left was captured in the Muchmore film and Moorman photo.

The Single-Bullet Theory

President Kennedy was not the only man seriously injured in Dealey Plaza as the limousine proceeded down Elm Street. His host, the Governor of Texas John Connally, was also struck by a bullet as he sat in a jumpseat in front of JFK. Connally was hit near the right armpit; as the bullet then coursed along the muscles near the fifth rib, its pressure caused the rib to implode, sending bone splinters that caused his right lung to collapse. The bullet emerged near the right nipple tumbling onward to pass through the Governor's right wrist. Its remarkable journey ended when it embedded itself into the left thigh.

That same day, Connally's surgeons announced that his injuries were caused by a single bullet. Initially, most thought the Governor's wounding accounted for one of the three shots thought to have been fired. Since the final shot had fatally struck the President's head seconds after Connally had been shot, it was reasoned that the first shot had struck Kennedy passing through his throat and that the second shot had struck Connally.

But analysis of the Zapruder film showed the President and Governor reacting very close together. And just one bullet had been recovered at Parkland Hospital; on whose stretcher it wasn't sure. As well, there were reports that at least one of the shots likely missed, causing spray to explode off the pavement and sending a lead fragment down to the mouth of the Triple Underpass where witness James Tague was superficially injured on the cheek.

During the 1964 Warren Commission investigation, Assistant Counsel Arlen Spector (now a prominent US Senator) developed the Single Bullet Theory as a forthright attempt to reconcile the known medical and ballistic facts. Spector suggested that since Connally was seated in front of Kennedy and slightly lower due to being in a jumpseat, the two were aligned to have been wounded by the same bullet. Where did the bullet that emerged from JFK's throat go if not into Connally? Only lead fragments from the head shot were found inside the limousine.

Trajectory and photographic analysis by the House Select Committee on Assassinations in 1978 (the height differential between the two men was 8 cm) seem to bloster the Spector's theory. As well, its Medical Panel dismissed charges that the bullet had left behind so much lead in Connally's chest that it couldn't have been the nearly-whole "Pristine Bullet" recovered at Parkland; what was thought to be "lead" on Connally's X-rays turned out to be photographic artifacts.

In 1992, Failure Analysis Associates, Inc. disclosed the important evidence of Connally's lapel flipping outward for one-eighteen of a second at Zapruder frame 224. Failure Analysis' re-creation of the assassination using 3-D computer modeling confirmed a single bullet track was possible through both men at Z224, the moment of the lapel-flip. Using the Governor's wound sites and position at wounding, Failure Analysis projected the bullet trajectory backwards, leading through the President's neck. The resulting cone, reflecting a margin of error, included the Oswald window.

Some have suggested that since the Governor held onto his hat until after the fatal head shot, his wrist injury was caused by a fragment from the skull impact. However, closer inspection of Zapruder frames prior to the head shot reveals the Governor's Stetson hat involuntarily held aloft by a bent wrist, proof of paralysis. The shattering of Connally's radius bone did not affect the muscles and nerve that allow the fingers and thumb to oppose each other. Failure Analysis revealed a violent upward flip of the Governor's right arm for over one-third of a second just after frame 224.

There was a programme on tv about a guy who'd built a replica of kennedy's car so they could re enact the shooting to determine where the bullets came from.

They proved the fatal shots could only have been made by someone in the Texas Book Depository.

Oh yeah, clearly case closed now then. I built a replica of the Apollo 13 rocket out of a tube of fairy liquid, some bog roll holders and glue but i can't fly to the moon in it can i?

Guest San Don
Oh yeah, clearly case closed now then. I built a replica of the Apollo 13 rocket out of a tube of fairy liquid, some bog roll holders and glue but i can't fly to the moon in it can i?

Clearly not cos the 'moon landings' were all shot in a film studio!

Yeah - here's a clip that debunks the 'magic bullet' conspiracy.

[YOUTUBE]2kEh3Kgwhk0[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah - here's a clip that debunks the 'magic bullet' conspiracy.

[YOUTUBE]2kEh3Kgwhk0[/YOUTUBE]

It doesn't debunk anythung at all as it's taken from the horrendously one sided Gavin Esler documentary. It just uses a computer mock up. It's not "proof" - plus i like the way they fail to mention in that "trajectory" mock up that the shooter is clearly firing through a tree!

The first post in this link basically re-inforces the point that i felt that the Esler documentary was way too one-sided.

Review of The Kennedy Assassination: Beyond Conspiracy - The Education Forum

The "magic bullet" may or may not prove that there was nobody on the "grassy noll", however it does not confirm the bullets could only come from the sixth floor window. Bullets (that hit) may have only come from behind, however the head shot could have come from a number of buildings behind the car. Again any bullets that missed their target were not plotted in this simulation.

Even if you accept only one shooter and that shooter was LHO, they are still too many unanswered questions, or coincidences for this not to smell of conspiracy.

Oswald bought a gun, becuase he was a lone nut who wanted to be big time, who wanted to be famous, so he shot the president.

Ruby, was a lone nut who wanted to be big time, who wanted to be famous, so he shot the lone nut who shot the president.

Whilst Oswald, wanted to kill somebody famous, he got a job at the book depository, which was not on the original route.

He must have only decided after it was announced the JFK was going to be in Dallas, that he would be the famous guy. He appears to make no plans whatsoever, as to a location where he is going to shoot JFK.

However, unbelievably luckily, the nut just happened to have a job at a perfect location, once the route was changed, just prior to JFK arriving in Dallas.

another lone nut, just happens to be a 5 min walk away from where LHO is being transferred and manages to shoot him.

The fact the press where told to stay a good way behind the preidents' car when he was shot (so there should have been no footage whatsoever), yet Oswald was shot (executed) live on national television, is also amazing.

There also lots more coincisdences, strange events since the shooting.