You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team V Villa

Paco

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Rashid stolen your login data?

Sean Penn on the wing?.... Okay some of our strikers may be slow, but certainly quicker than a couch?

And is Torees a new signing?

I tried very hard to concentrate while writing that, but obviously my drunkenness got the better of me in the end

If I could choose the team tonight it would be:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger Riise

Pennant Gerrard Mascherano Kewell

Crouch Torres

Torres is quick and runs all game, he is perfect to do Crouchy's running for him. Away from home Crouch is the man, that team there is perfect. If Mascherano is tired I'd play Alonso instead.

If I could choose the team tonight it would be:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Agger Riise

Pennant Gerrard Mascherano Kewell

Crouch Torres

Torres is quick and runs all game, he is perfect to do Crouchy's running for him. Away from home Crouch is the man, that team there is perfect. If Mascherano is tired I'd play Alonso instead.

I agree with Rashid 100%:sniff:

I think everyone agrees with me 100% - it's just rare for you lot to admit it. Well done Adam. :smile:

I like the team, but Alonso is quite clearly much more match fit than Mascherano, and I also believe Babel will be introduced slowly to the premiership, so his first 3-4 appearances will prabably be from the bench.

According to the SlySports info bar this morning, Benayoun isn't even in the squad...is that right? If so, that surprises me.

Especially if this is true

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/urheilu/uutinen.asp?id=1420026

A Finnish lad on RAWK says its an interview with Sami and he says Aurelio (we know that one obviously) and Kewell are out today. Would prefer Babel to play anyway so hopefully thats the case or it'll be Arbeloa at LB and Riise in midfield.

It always surprises me when I see how many people seem to rate Dirk over Crouch. For me, as things stand right now, Crouch is our best striker.

I think people still feel there's more to come from Dirk. In a recent article, he pretty much said he's been under orders to play so deep and that with the addition of Torres he hopes to play further up the field, similar to how he was at Feyenoord. I don't see much difference between Crouch and Dirk, in terms of goal return, if I am honest.