You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tunes that are just fucking ace.....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

A little known Bob Dylan beauty. Moves along at a lovely tempo and features some wonderful violin playing and backing vocals from Scarlet Rivera. The lyrics to this love song are Dylan at the top of his game.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BwV36JL_G0s

Bob Dylan, Abandend Love.

A bit more sentimental Bob (seasoned with Scarlett)

Didn't know where to put this, but my local auctioneers has this coming up.  Fucking hell, I'm going along armed with £30 and a steely glare.

http://www.ewbankauctions.co.uk/News-Blog/surrey-auctioneer-to-sell-40-000-hits

My sister-in-law's ex-husband fancied himself as a bit of a record collector.  He didn't have a massive collection, but there were a fair few rare ones.  When they split up, it was acrimonious, to say the least.  He moved out and, to spite her, he took her dog.  That's all she wanted was to get her dog back, but he was a stubborn prick.

So, one morning she went down to the car boot sale with a sign saying "singles and LPs 50p each".  She actually had people try to haggle her up, saying "Do you know what this is?  Do you know what it's worth?"  

That just made her revenge sweeter.

"It's 50p.  Take it or leave it."

She sold a lot that day.

Did I mention she's from Dundee?  You don't fuck with Dundonian women.

• Upvote 1