You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tunes that are just fucking ace.....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

All this argument about the best Portishead tune, no-one mentions this...

[YOUTUBE]dSv0GC27G68[/YOUTUBE]

I knew Brother Longo was going to have to come in with The Rip: "Mr Baker, we've been expecting you".

Within a week of being put onto them by Karlos I am firmly of the belief that Death from Above 1979 may well have produced an album that will worm its way into the upper echelons of my favourites list. I've sat here for fifteen minutes deciding which tracks to post because they are all, without exception, fucking brilliant.

tEqK-FFdqsw&feature=PlayList&p=971B8D8CFB2BFB09&index=3

qofA8N3xSUQ&feature=PlayList&p=971B8D8CFB2BFB09&index=5

Get involved.

Some top tuneage on display, along with some dodgy hipping and a hopping music.... biggie and tupac - feck me!

Bit of 'stralian flava for yers:

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

This tune will play out of a couple of million speakers next tuesday, obviously sounds better on a red hot day with a cold beer.

[YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE]

Newish Oz band, caught them last year at a Franz Ferdinand gig, fucking excellent tune, live the band put us in mind a little of james in a weird cross breed with massive attack. Coming soon to a theatre near you... go see 'em

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Anyone like this?

C.R.E.A.M - Wu Tang.

bjZRAvsZf1g

Handcuffed in back of a bus, forty of us

Life as a shorty shouldn't be so rough

But as the world turns I learned life is hell

Living in the world no different from a cell

Okay here is a few from a norgie band none of you, except Karl B and Hamstrung have ever heard. Both have given them good reviews. They were not wrong, so do yourself a favour and check it out.

The one posting this messed up the title, its actually called Idiot Savant.

My mp3 player is delivering ridiculous quantities of win this week. This morning's offerings:

[YOUTUBE]RkraKVl162c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_tui0vRB0Xw[/YOUTUBE]

I make no apology for the first one - yes it's mindless candy floss but it's a fucking great tune.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXBqF6KZSQg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXBqF6KZSQg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I love this song

Guest The Chimp

[YOUTUBE]3JGYKCvWnQc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FL_P4jnQs3M&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Ph5ogLO-oK8[/YOUTUBE]

And something a bit rockier

[YOUTUBE]LL3vmVjYjBQ[/YOUTUBE]

This is one of my favourite songs from the Norwegian band Seigmen.

Seigmen - Döderlein

[YOUTUBE]sMeHf65_aIQ[/YOUTUBE]

Seigmen - Hjernen er alene (De Lillos cover)

[YOUTUBE]KAos8Eet__I[/YOUTUBE]

They split up in 1999 and some of the members moved to LA and started Zeromancer together.

[YOUTUBE]y6aLR9LB_MM[/YOUTUBE]

At 38, my hearing is not what it should be. I suffer from mild tinnitus, noticeable when I'm sat in a quiet room; also when I'm at work, in a pub or whatever I find it much easier to hear some people than others depending on the pitch of their voice. It's down to two things - going to ridiculously loud rock clubs two or three times a week and listening to music far too loud on my walkman, both of these happening from my late teens until my late twenties. I wish I'd taken more care of my hearing but on the other hand I love loud music and the two are mutually exclusive.

Anyway, as far as the over-loud walkman is concerned, this is one of the chief culprits:

[YOUTUBE]QhFSmAoGhhc[/YOUTUBE]

It's easy to go all Late Review when discussing Radiohead - you know, start stroking your chin and musing about their more experimental offerings, but this is still my favourite Radiohead song by a fucking mile and actually demands being played at 11.

Edit: Embedding disabled by request. Seriously, why? What possible fucking purpose does it serve? In honour of this ludicrous decision by EMI (and it is them and not the uploader because I found four copies of this video, all with the same restriction) here's a special dedication:

[YOUTUBE]kjbie1O1jxc[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, yet more tunes that are just fucking ace:

[YOUTUBE]NUTGr5t3MoY[/YOUTUBE]

1994 that was. 1994! This post should be in the "Things that make me feel old" thread.

[YOUTUBE]H5FSLgKD5J4[/YOUTUBE]

1989? How can this be?

[YOUTUBE]GhQ72nHZVww[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Fzrckj47U0A[/YOUTUBE]

I've posted these two clips specifically because they're the ones on youtube that sound closest to the versions on It's Alive, which are in turn the best I've heard. I could post the entire album in this thread.

[YOUTUBE]YXuJXPd8C14[/YOUTUBE]

Mesmerising stuff from Ray Davies - the youtube vid isn't mine but I audio taped this from the TV coverage, nicam video hooked up to the auxiliary inputs on my stereo - stick that up your iPod Nano.

That'll do for tonight.

Edited by RoboRiise