Quantcast
Tunes that are just fucking ace..... - Page 203 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Tunes that are just fucking ace.....

On 20/05/2021 at 11:34, Gnasher said:

The FBI spent months investigating the lyrics on this record, at least they listened to a banging song 

That reminds me of the time Scarlett Johanssen's nudie pics got leaked and it was reported that the FBI were examining the images.  Of course they were. Getting paid for it too, the bastards.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

This caught me at a perfect time today, I spent the last half of it covered in goose pimples-

I can’t think of these without remembering one of my mates choosing to watch them over Bowie at Glastonbury. At the time my eyebrow was doing things Roger Moore and Ancelotti would be proud of, and all these years later he still laments his folly. Might drop him a text reminder in a bit.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Code said:

I listen to this pretty much every day at the moment.

Gets plenty of airplay at mine too. There's a decent little acoustic version of it as well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

“This video is not available”

What song is it, mate?

Strange that Tone, still plays for me! 

It's Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake by the Small Faces.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Gets plenty of airplay at mine too. There's a decent little acoustic version of it as well.

Yes, I've got that one on my list as well. 

Not one of the Beach boy's  bigger known hits but a great example of Brian Wilson's range of singing talent.

Tony may not agree but this is much better than Stevie Nicks attempt at this cover version.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Not one of the Beach boy's  bigger known hits but a great example of Brian Wilson's range of singing talent.

Tony may not agree but this is much better than Stevie Nicks attempt at this cover version.

No, I can’t disagree with that.

Got in the car and this came on the radio just as I was setting off. Magic. One for the small pleasures thread that, a cracking song happening to come on the radio is always a treat even if you own it and listen to it often.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Got in the car and this came on the radio just as I was setting off. Magic. One for the small pleasures thread that, a cracking song happening to come on the radio is always a treat even if you own it and listen to it often.

I had the original Deram issue of that. Another casualty of my fucking marriage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Watched searching for sugar man the other week, fuck this song is sweet.

There’s a run on one of the soundtracks of Sugarman, Crucify Your Mind, Cause and I Wonder. Superb.