Quantcast
Tunes that are just fucking ace..... - Page 157 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Tunes that are just fucking ace.....

46 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Always reminds me of my mum and dad immediately, does Carly Simon.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Always reminds me of my mum and dad immediately, does Carly Simon.

Spooky, I was just thinking the same. My early years soundtrack was mainly Carly, Carole King, James Taylor, Elton John and Gilbert O'Sullivan.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Spooky, I was just thinking the same. My early years soundtrack was mainly Carly, Carole King, James Taylor, Elton John and Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Are you my brother posting under a pseudonym? The tracks/artists I stuck up last Sunday were all on the rotation at ours too, I was being transported back in time listening to them. 

The multi-sensory nature of memory and how you can suddenly dislodge all kinds of things locked away for decades; conversations, smells, what people were wearing, all that stuff, makes music even more powerful, eh.

2 minutes ago, Captain Milk said:

Are you my brother posting under a pseudonym? The tracks/artists I stuck up last Sunday were all on the rotation at ours too, I was being transported back in time listening to them. 

The multi-sensory nature of memory and how you can suddenly dislodge all kinds of things locked away for decades; conversations, smells, what people were wearing, all that stuff, makes music even more powerful, eh.

Yeah, I find it very difficult to listen to You're so Vain, some Elton John songs- especially Tonight off the Blue Moves album- and bizarrely the Dougal and the Blue Cat soundtrack as they evoke such strong memories and emotions of my Mum playing them when I was a kid.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yeah, I find it very difficult to listen to You're so Vain, some Elton John songs- especially Tonight off the Blue Moves album- and bizarrely the Dougal and the Blue Cat soundtrack as they evoke such strong memories and emotions of my Mum playing them when I was a kid.

Know exactly what you mean there pal.