Quantcast
Tunes that are just fucking ace..... - Page 142 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Tunes that are just fucking ace.....

I’ve mentioned on a few threads that I’ve been getting involved in Tim Burgess’ Twitter listening parties.

Ive never really listened to Slowdive before but this a fantastic tune and the album is excellent.

• Upvote 1

Nicked off 6 music. In times like this  you can't beat a good bit of ol fashioned gospel and it dont come better than this 

Tl Barnett '! Like a ship (in troubled waters I know we can make it) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life"

4 years ago.today Prince died so here he is, Diamonds and Pearl's

• Upvote 2

On 17/04/2020 at 12:11, easytoslip said:

Great album, great band. 

Boils my piss the way most people could be forgiven for thinking that they only ever recorded one song.

26 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Boils my piss the way most people could be forgiven for thinking that they only ever recorded one song.

I know, I can't put on sounds but I mentioned Easy on my Soul a few weeks back, I'd not heard it for years. Kossoff was great like on Songs of Yesterday and the bits he does on Hearbreaker because of his affliction I believe, our kids favourite Free, we listened Fire and Water travelling back down here a few months ago, Soon I will be gone there's loads and they should be more to the fore as great UK bands go, superb. 

Warning. If listening at high volume on headphones the start of this song has little Richard shouting at the top of his voice about people who say his hairs a wig.

He's bona fida mad as a hater but I forgive him, 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Warning. If listening at high volume on headphones the start of this song has little Richard shouting at the top of his voice about people who say his hairs a wig.

He's bona fida mad as a hater but I forgive him, 

Love it. (Love the Slade version too.)

Imagine being a middle class white American parent in the 1950s, so certain that everything in your world would be fine as long as everybody knew their place and people listened to Perry Como and Alma Cogan...

... and then you hear this.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Love it. (Love the Slade version too.)

Imagine being a middle class white American parent in the 1950s, so certain that everything in your world would be fine as long as everybody knew their place and people listened to Perry Como and Alma Cogan...

... and then you hear this.

Yeah I agree angry. I  I was watching these celebs singing for charity this week, all of them dull as fucking dish water (Liam Payne, Gary Barlow do me a favour) when you put them up against the era of Little Richard, Sinatra, Elvis, Otis, Aretha, Buddy Holly, The Beatles, James Brown  etc  

Not only were they musical geniuses, they all had a massive larger than life character to match.

In the words of Jim Royle " James Blunt my arse"

• Upvote 2

I actually think James blunt is quite funny - his Twitter is excellent. But yes I agree with your point. Music's dead, like. (Here's where someone comes on and tells me that I haven't heard the new digital download of someone I've never heard of!)  

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah I agree angry. I  I was watching these celebs singing for charity this week, all of them dull as fucking dish water (Liam Payne, Gary Barlow do me a favour) when you put them up against the era of Little Richard, Sinatra, Elvis, Otis, Aretha, Buddy Holly, The Beatles, James Brown  etc  

Not only were they musical geniuses, they all had a massive larger than life character to match.

In the words of Jim Royle " James Blunt my arse"

Is right, after that cunt Robbie Williams got re packaged by the music industry whatever,  next it was Barlowe and its as if he's been one of the most prolific song writers of a generation, walking into shopping centres and parties etc, wow is it really him? Fuckin' gozzy eyed cunt sickens me along with the rest of the manufactured cunts.