You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tunes that are just fucking ace.....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite Prodigy tracks after not listening to much Experience in a long time (have been more of a Jilted fan over the years but just got the Experience Expanded album.) The amount of transformations this makes as it goes on is amazing, I really miss the more techno and experimental style of their earlier music.

Wind It Up (Rewound)

• Upvote 2

On 12/4/2018 at 5:12 AM, Red Phoenix said:

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite Prodigy tracks after not listening to much Experience in a long time (have been more of a Jilted fan over the years but just got the Experience Expanded album.) The amount of transformations this makes as it goes on is amazing, I really miss the more techno and experimental style of their earlier music.

Wind It Up (Rewound)

Loved the experience album. Went to see them in The Tivoli in Dublin in 1993 (can't believe it's a quarter of a century ago!) and they were still in their Experience period.  Fucking great show. They played One Love from the yet to be released Jilted album for the first time there and the place went mental. Got to meet the 2 dancers Leeroy and Keith who were just wandering around the place chatting to people before the gig started and they were sound lads. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Loved the experience album. Went to see them in The Tivoli in Dublin in 1993 (can't believe it's a quarter of a century ago!) and they were still in their Experience period.  Fucking great show. They played One Love from the yet to be released Jilted album for the first time there and the place went mental. Got to meet the 2 dancers Leeroy and Keith who were just wandering around the place chatting to people before the gig started and they were sound lads. 

That sounds awesome, if I could go back in time for some gigs the earlier Prodigy ones from around the time of Jilted would surely be at the top of any list. And yeah it's crazy to think how many years have passed since they did that album.

Must have been expensive to get all the samples signed off...I remember when Bomb The Bass released their very first album and Tim Simenon used loads of samples but if I recall he didn't receive the owners' permission. If samples are used and more than a certain amount of money is made as a result, royalties then are due. He said as a result he would rarely use samples again as it was so expensive to use them and it had a massive effect on his success. He then produced other musicians for a while like Neneh Cherry. He did release other albums but they weren't as good as his first in my opinion.

Prodigy managed to make lots of good albums but I don't know if the newer ones use many samples.

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

That sounds awesome, if I could go back in time for some gigs the earlier Prodigy ones from around the time of Jilted would surely be at the top of any list. And yeah it's crazy to think how many years have passed since they did that album.

I saw them a good few times after that mate and they were always brilliant. 

• Upvote 1