You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old shit and shitty high handed reply as last close season

Nothing against you personally, but its an immature reply and if the last two close seasons are anything to go by then it could be argued that you too should wait and see before dismissing a different point of view to your own.

What the hell did I do wrong the last two close seasons? I can't even remember what I said myself! I didn't mean to do an immature reply if that's how you took it. I appologize if it came out that way.

That said; My whole point is that we should wait and see. It's not about having a different point of view than me, what the hell do I know about what they have or haven't done over the last months? That's not "an opinion", it's a simple fact that you, or I, don't have a clue what they've done. That was why I took you up on your comment.

So you have a personal line with Rafa now then.

No fucker knows whats going off. The papers certainly dont and are making things up on a daily basis. Its off season they have no stories so they need to sell papers so hey guess what lets make something up about Liverpool they have a huge fanbase its bound to sell papers.

Once again i will repeat like many have already said its June, the Spanish league is still playing and we know fuck all about what is going off behind the scenes.

Why should Rafa, Rick Parry or Gillett and Hicks tell everyone what they are doing. Chances are they are deep in conversation with plenty of agents trying to secure deals for their players which will be announced shortly.

Reason for them been quiet ? Well how come we signed Sissoko ? because Moyes opened his gob to the press about buying him and this alerted Rafa to him been available and therefore we made an offer and he decided to join us.

Why should Rafa risk another club coming in and getting invvolved when we could be deep in negiotations just to satisfy some fucking fans that cant wait a couple of weeks or so.

Fine example of fans impatientence is over the Stadium plans been leaked to a select few. Its not been too bad on here to Dave but on other forums the members are calling the senior members all the names under the sun and asking them to compromise there trust by demanding they upload pics because they cant wait til next week. Fucking knobheads.

It's not the nationals that have been stiring the shit though is it? (well not for me anyway as I hardly ever read them)

It's the Echo and other credible sources that have got people in a panic.

Do you honestly think Bascombe decided to 'make something up', because there was nothing else to write about, and started feeding through all the negative shit that's been in his articles lately?

if the last two close seasons are anything to go by then it could be argued that you too should wait and see before dismissing a different point of view to your own.

I guess that rule does`nt apply to yourself then?

If nothing else you certainly add comedy value to this forum. And for that you are appreciated!

Keep it up!

It's not the nationals that have been stiring the shit though is it? (well not for me anyway as I hardly ever read them)

It's the Echo and other credible sources that have got people in a panic.

Do you honestly think Bascombe decided to 'make something up', because there was nothing else to write about, and started feeding through all the negative shit that's been in his articles lately?

It's not just the papers and "sources"; it's Rafa, too.

What the hell did I do wrong the last two close seasons? I can't even remember what I said myself! I didn't mean to do an immature reply if that's how you took it. I appologize if it came out that way.

That said; My whole point is that we should wait and see. It's not about having a different point of view than me, what the hell do I know about what they have or haven't done over the last months? That's not "an opinion", it's a simple fact that you, or I, don't have a clue what they've done. That was why I took you up on your comment.

No offence meant I just think with the previous history and with what Bascombe, Dave U & The Count have been saying you can justify either point of view.

I think we should tolerate both points of view until it becomes clear what is going on.

It's not just the papers and "sources"; it's Rafa, too.

Exactamente and just for those who missed it on the last page or decided to put on the lalala im not listening headphones

--------------

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has warned the club's owners they need to back him in the transfer market.

Reds co-owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks have vowed to hand Benitez a substantial transfer kitty in the summer as they look to build on the side reaching the UEFA Champions League final.

Benitez believes the squad needs major overhauling and has called on the club's owners to act quickly if they want to land their top targets.

"I want to see things happening right now," Benitez told The Sun. "There are two or three issues we need to resolve straight away.

"I've confidence in the Americans because they say they will back me, so I must trust them.

"If we want to progress we need to look at the big picture and the new owners say they will back me.

"Now is the time to take decisions. I'm tired of talking and talking.

"I'm worried about talking to players for one, two or six months and then losing them.

"I want things to be done. It's not about working in August - you lose your targets then.

"I want to fight to be top of the league. I mean first - not finishing third with a record number of points and then saying 'Bad luck'.

"We need to fight to be at the top and be in every cup final.

"The club now have the power and potential to do all these things.

"But I'd like things to be done quickly - I'm just trying to send a message.

"My staff and I cannot work more than 20 hours a day.

"The team's workrate is fantastic but we were in the final because it is a knockout competition.

"We cannot keep the team at this level for nine months. We need to improve the squad

My biggest concern in all of what is or is not going on is the current relationship between the two owners.

Once they come out with a joint statment on matters then all the other negativity will go away IMO

Once they know what theyre doing and are in agreement then Rafa will know exactly what he has to do.

My opinion is that Rafa's biggest fustration is he doesnt know whats going on and wont know until both the owners start singing from the same hymn sheet.

I thought Hicks said there'd be an announcement this week. Parry's spinning like a politician on the offal site as well. A good summer so far my arse.

I cant believe he didn't mention transfers at all in that column when he knows how much unrest there is amongst fans at the moment. Not even a 'we are working very hard on bringing in new players'.

Read between the lines and its very worrying.

The problem is if we don't invest properly this year the gap between us and the top will widen even further. The other teams below us are investing in their squads and will make progress on us. We are a couple of top players, especially a top striker, away from having a really good go at the league. I really don't care about our cup runs next seasons if we if we have decent cup runs it will be a bonus but at this stage we should be looking to challenge for the title.

Exactamente and just for those who missed it on the last page or decided to put on the lalala im not listening headphones

--------------

On the subject of not listening does that quote not say August?

Given it's the middle of June I don't think theirs a need for mass panic just yet do you?

I cant believe he didn't mention transfers at all in that column when he knows how much unrest there is amongst fans at the moment. Not even a 'we are working very hard on bringing in new players'.

Read between the lines and its very worrying.

Theirs always unrest amongst fans over something. If the club responded to every flouncy strop from supporters their would be very little time to do anything else.

Not only will the gap between us and the top teams widen, but the gap between us and the next tier will shorten, especially given how much they're investing in new players.

Yes but there are only so many really good players around so it stands to reason that a good number of clubs will be buying over-priced overpaid, over rated shite.

• 3 weeks later...
....we ended up with a couple of D I C K S

The count brings news grim. It's official, the little fella Gillett has confirmed we have f*ck all money to splash in the summer. But, he insists, Rafa is OK about it. Which he isn't, by the way.

Without the least bit of disrespect to the Count and his inside knowledge, can we at least now - after Torres and the fantastic new ground plans (or what we've peeked of them) - agree not to be unneccesarily pessimistic every time there's a bit of a delay and not to read the worst into every titbit of information which holds our new owners up in bad light?

I find it hard to believe how we could have expected, or desired anything better than what we've got from Gillet and Hicks so far. They deserve some respect, trust and credit for what they've achieved already, long may it continue!

Gotta love the fact there's still people on another thread discussing whether we should go for Torres or Villa.

Boy will their faces be red when they realise they're wasting their time discussing players we can't afford.

:party: