You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Iève somehow gotten roped into taking my wife and daughters to Mall of America in Bloomington.

Can your mate tell me if there are any decent bars near there or gentleman clubs.

Am quite excitied at the prospect of driving through North and South Dakota. Going to watch FARGO before I leave and say jaaa alot.

You should stop at Badlands in South Dakota and have a wander around the weird multicoloured rocks. I would highly recommend it.

Stayed in a motel near there for $26 for 4 of us and had a chicken fried steak for dinner in a town with 53 people, of which 26 of them were in the diner. Oh ya, you betcha!

went to uni in liverpool and never spoke like a scouser, but one of my mates, from leicester really went with it. If you were speaking about him to someone most would as 'is that the scouser from leicester?'. he quit and i still see him now and then at games and he's lost the accent again now. funny.

I was playing pool against a bunch of southerners last year in a pub in St Ives in Cambridgeshire, one of their mates bounced in called "scouse", I asked him where he was from and he said Aughton, his mates started to laugh when I told them he was not from Liverpool but the Wirral, he soon dropped his ridiculous OTT scouse accent and ended up sounding like Sinbads' character in Coronation Street. I also met a lad from Hightown when I watched a Liverpool game in Cambridge, he stopped as soon as he knew that I knew Hightown was not Noggzy soldier territory.

Fffuccckckkkkkkk'n ellll it's ZZzzaaave KKkkeeeeerbeeee! Izzzzzz riiiicce!!

A strange thing though is that I'm from the Wirral (and always say so when I'm asked where I'm from) but I've worked in Liverpool for the past 12 years and my accent has gradually evolved since I started my job. I don't go around saying 'Worraya gonna zoo abar it, lid?' but my general accent has become more broad since then to the point where most people actually think I'm from Liverpool, not a Plaz putting it on.

I was playing pool against a bunch of southerners last year in a pub in St Ives in Cambridgeshire, one of their mates bounced in called "scouse", I asked him where he was from and he said Aughton, his mates started to laugh when I told them he was not from Liverpool but the Wirral, he soon dropped his ridiculous OTT scouse accent and ended up sounding like Sinbads' character in Coronation Street. I also met a lad from Hightown when I watched a Liverpool game in Cambridge, he stopped as soon as he knew that I knew Hightown was not Noggzy soldier territory.

Aughton is Lancashire not Wirral.

• 1 year later...

Bunch of irish lads I know converse with each other using scouse words/phrases. Does your head in to hear "lid" this and that and "bessie" this and that.

Strange thing is they actually speak in their normal Dublin accents when they are with scousers.

I asked one of them about his use of scally terminology one day and he informed me that he was scouse which is strange considering that he was born and rared in south Dublin.

Each to their own. I always wonder if they put on their scouse accents when they are up on Hill 16 during the summer cheering on the Dubs. Somehow, I doubt it.

There should be a way of conditioning young scouse offenders to speak posh. It'd be like in X Men III when Mystique gets shot by the dart and loses all her powers.

"Warrabout im der lid?"

"Err ees noh one of uz anymore in'e lid?"

"HOW - NOW - BROWN - COW"