You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tennis

Remmie

• 11 months later...

Excellent win for Andy.

A very odd player is Murray in that he seems to struggle with concentration in quieter parts of matches when he should be grinding the opponent into the dust but put him in a really tight spot he has amazing bottle.

I know he has top people who are far greater experts than me looking after him but to me he needs somebody to tell him to stop over-emoting on court as it must boost the opponent to see him looking like he is going to collapse and chunnering to himself like a sporty Rab C Nesbitt.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Excellent win for Andy.

A very odd player is Murray in that he seems to struggle with concentration in quieter parts of matches when he should be grinding the opponent into the dust but put him in a really tight spot he has amazing bottle.

I know he has top people who are far greater experts than me looking after him but to me he needs somebody to tell him to stop over-emoting on court as it must boost the opponent to see him looking like he is going to collapse and chunnering to himself like a sporty Rab C Nesbitt.

He was better under Ivan Lendl because he told him exactly that. Be more of an ice man, stop making every point you lose a catastrophe.

I'd like to see Murray do it this year now that Fed is out.  Nadal is incredible though.  Looked totally out of it in his second round match and has been pretty dominant since.  I don't know how he keeps coming back from injuries like he does.  Courageous guy

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Used used to like Murray.  But when he supported Scotland going Independent he lost my support.

I used to hate him, but now he clearly hates us English bastards I quite like him.

• Upvote 4

Yes.  PR disaster.

Are you that bothered that a Scotsman would want independence? Someone would have to have pretty fucked up views in any sport for me not to like them any more. 

*Missed opportunity, I should have said you cannot be serious!

Used used to like Murray.  But when he supported Scotland going Independent he lost my support.

That's a very strange reason to not support someone mate.  A Scottish person supports the independence of his own country, what's wrong with that?

That's a very strange reason to not support someone mate.  A Scottish person supports the independence of his own country, what's wrong with that?

I dont disagree with you but these things do irk a bit when they come from people who dont even live in the country

I dont disagree with you but these things do irk a bit when they come from people who dont even live in the country

He'd still have an interest though surely?  I imagine he still has a lot of family up who would have probably had the same view?

He'd still have an interest though surely?  I imagine he still has a lot of family up who would have probably had the same view?

I would doubt that very much. Proper pillars of the community, the Erskines.

I see his support for independence being very much in line with many Scots of his age, whereas older people, particularly those with a lot to lose, were far more sceptical of Salmond and his lack of negotiated agreements over the pound and the EU

I would doubt that very much. Proper pillars of the community, the Erskines.

I see his support for independence being very much in line with many Scots of his age, whereas older people, particularly those with a lot to lose, were far more sceptical of Salmond and his lack of negotiated agreements over the pound and the EU

Fair enough.