Quantcast
Tennis - Page 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Draw has opened up for Murray to try and win for first time here...just has to get past Federer and Nadal.....piece of piss

Knocking out two of the best players ever? In his first big tournament since surgery? Easy.

Knocking out two of the best players ever? In his first big tournament since surgery? Easy.

Yep, can't see him beating both

Murray always seems to be in the tough half of the draw at every Grand Slam, could do with a favourable draw every now and then.

Murray always seems to be in the tough half of the draw at every Grand Slam, could do with a favourable draw every now and then.

It's his seeding that hinders him.  If he was first or second seed he'd have it a lot easier

Eurosport - 410.

Not sure why Murray is wearing a cap in a night match.

Maybe he fancies a nightcap?? He's playing like he's had one at the minute.

I think lack of tough match tennis is starting to get to Murray, it's all very well getting your fitness back it's another thing to battle back and win when your opponent is on top.....

Think Nadal will beat whoever goes through

Guest LFD

I have been impressed with Federer.  He looks fresh and I like his aggressive approach, it suits him.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There's very little chance of him winning here. It's nothing to do with his back, though; he's just choosing his shots poorly.

I have been impressed with Federer.  He looks fresh and I like his aggressive approach, it suits him.

Have to agree it's the best I've seen him play since he won Wimbledon....looks like getting Edberg is working for him...

Murray's only chance is to hang in there and hope Federer starts to tire....

Guest LFD

Murray'd never make a poker player

But you have to admire, he never gives up.

2-1 in sets now.

Fair play to Murray he ain't at his best but he's shown some cojones, even if he loses this will put him in good shape for the rest of the season

Fair play to Murray he ain't at his best but he's shown some cojones, even if he loses this will put him in good shape for the rest of the season

Yep. I turned it on expecting it was all over for him but he's making him work for it (he's so inconsiderate. I've got things I should be doing)

Guest LFD

Good effort by Murray, against Federer who played as well as he has the last few years.

Murray just lacked sharpness at times, which is understandable after his back operation, but he still made a match of it.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fucking Scottish prick. He'll never win a major. He's just like Tim Henman. Etc., etc. No? That's a bit 2010 isn't it.

Top effort from a top player. He'd have been forgiven for going out in the first week what with his recovery, but again he's put in a massive effort to get himself back to fitness. I think his work ethic is second to none. I hope and expect him to win more top tournaments.

Great effort Murray there.  Nice to see Fed showing some of the old brilliance as well.  I hope he goes on to win it now. Will have a job to get past Nadal though.