You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tennis

Remmie

I wouldn't want to really. I love watching Federer. I would of course like to see him drop a set here or there, but the guy is an absolute joy to watch. The greatest of all time.

Whereas other greats like Sampras were boring to watch and dudes like Hendry in snooker dominate sports without ever enthralling, Federer is just the man. He rules so hard.

Fuck Andy Murray.

To fucking right he is. He is to tennis what zidane was to football, and o'sullivan is to snooker. These kind of people actually make you feel good when your watching them, it's a beast.

I'd be the king of Ice if Tennis was played on it. Gives me a good idea actually.

Nadal needs to start winning majors on other surfaces to be even considered a top player. Masteruing one surface has been done countless times before. Didn't Muster have some ridiculous record on clay too. A few other spaniards have excellent records on the boring surface too. Good player but still a one trick pony.

should be some cracking battles in years to come between him and federer though.

I'd be the king of Ice if Tennis was played on it. Gives me a good idea actually.

Nadal needs to start winning majors on other surfaces to be even considered a top player. Masteruing one surface has been done countless times before. Didn't Muster have some ridiculous record on clay too. A few other spaniards have excellent records on the boring surface too. Good player but still a one trick pony.

should be some cracking battles in years to come between him and federer though.

That's a harsh assessment of Nadal. He's clearly the second best player in the world, and to be number 2 to a monster like Federer is no disgrace. Federer annihilates all that come up against him so to have this Spanish lad blast him around on clay is great. Nobody else could to that to Federer on any surface.

If Federer wasn't around Nadal would probably be favourite to win Wimbledon this year.

That's a harsh assessment of Nadal. He's clearly the second best player in the world, and to be number 2 to a monster like Federer is no disgrace. Federer annihilates all that come up against him so to have this Spanish lad blast him around on clay is great. Nobody else could to that to Federer on any surface.

If Federer wasn't around Nadal would probably be favourite to win Wimbledon this year.

possibly but Nadal wants to really prove himself he has to win either the US or Australian Open. Nadal is a very good player but slightly one dimensional.

Granted doesn't help having to play Federer but I reckon both Sampras and Rafter would beat him most times on the hard court/grass surfaces.

• 11 months later...

Did you see the hybrid game where they had grass on 1 side and clay on the other Federer V Nadal? Nadal won that one.

• 5 years later...

Tried to find a tennis thread to bump to post this, and this is all I could find...

If any of you lot are still up and looking for something to do, try to get on some coverage of the Canadian Open semi-final between Djokovic and Nadal. It was a pretty intense match to start with, then early in the 3rd of 3 sets, Djokovic dropped one just over the net and Nadal steamed in and battered it straight back into his gob. Smacked him full in the face. Nadal tried to apologize, but Djokovic turned his back on him, and ever since they've been smashing it at each other and tearing around the court like wild animals. Bad blood makes for great watching.

It's 4-3 in the 3rd set, so not much left to see, but it's worth a look if you've nothing else on. Should be streams going somewhere if it's not on telly over there.

Aw, they made up.

Outstanding third set that, shame Nole couldn't push the tie break a little harder. I thought he had the edge up to that point, but he crumbled after an excellent first couple of points. Still, some excellent high-octane tennis. Really had the feeling of a grudge match for 3 or 4 games.

• 5 months later...

Anyone watching the Australian Open?

Murray has a tough draw.  Federer next in the QF, then Nadal in semi and Djorkovic in the final, should he get there.

Interesting to see Federer is working with Edberg now.  I think that is because now he is getting older he has to adapt his game, as he will not have the legs to rally at the back of the court with the big boys all the time, certainly long points.  Edberg was great at the net and coming forward, so Federer doing that (as he is very good at volleying) might make shorter points and help his legs / energy.   

I'm a bit of a plasy tennis fan, truth be told. I'm all over Wimbledon, when its served to me on a plate, but for the rest of the time I tend to keep an ear out for it and then get involved in the later rounds.

And Andy has won me over. I saw that he had a bit of a test yesterday after a kind start but the real work starts now. You couldnt have a harder progression than what's ahead of him now. On paper, at least

Djokovic vs Wawrinka.  2 sets each, 5-5 and they go off for rain.

Typical Aussie weather, its been 3 million degrees for the last few weeks then just as this game is getting even better it rains...

Wawrinka leading 8-7 but you just know that machine Djokovic will find a way to win

as I say that match point for Wawrinka............

and Djokovic is out....