You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tennis

Remmie

Nadal has cool hair.

Is that little sweetie Hantuchova (sp?) still playing these days?

Yes, she is. But not very well.

Male tennis nowadays is fucking shite boring. I can tell you right now how this year will be. Federer has already won Aussie Open, Nadal will beat Federer in the final at Roland Garros and Federer will win Wimbledon and US Open.

At least women tennis has fit birds to look at and it's more unpredictable, besides the fact that Justine Henin will win Roland Garros.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Yes, she is. But not very well.

Male tennis nowadays is fucking shite boring. I can tell you right now how this year will be. Federer has already won Aussie Open, Nadal will beat Federer in the final at Roland Garros and Federer will win Wimbledon and US Open.

At least women tennis has fit birds to look at and it's more unpredictable, besides the fact that Justine Henin will win Roland Garros.

That Justine Henin is a right little troll. Hantuchova is a real little sweetie as I recall.

You spot on about mens tennis though bro, its as dull as Darren Bent.

I know you have no reason to lie, but until you do, your argument that Federer lacks humility cannot be considered reliable.

I don't even think he's a poor communicator, he speaks something like 7 languages.

The emotion is forced? I utterly contest that. Sometimes, I've been amazed watching him sink to his knees in euphoria knowing that he's barely broken a sweat. The dude is a winner.

He is, I agree entirely.

As for the rest well it's all about opinions isn't it?

I do think it's a fact however that knowing seven languages doesn't necessarily make you a good communicator in every sense of the word.

There's plenty of quotes out there from him, but on various websites who's credibility may or may not be questionnable. I honestly don't know what's considered credible and what's not, but I do know what I have seen for myself.

One interesting quote that I found (not humility related), if genuinely attributible to him:

"I forget matches—even bad matches—very quickly. I get sad about not having played well, but I don’t really get pissed off. By the time I get back to the hotel, it’s completely forgotten and I’m fine again.”

Maybe the above explains, much better than I could have, why I can't take to him.

He is, I agree entirely.

I do think it's a fact however that knowing seven languages doesn't necessarily make you a good communicator in every sense of the word.

There's plenty of quotes out there from him, but on various websites who's credibility may or may not be questionnable. I honestly don't know what's considered credible and what's not, but I do know what I have seen for myself.

One interesting quote that I found (not humility related), if genuinely attributible to him:

"I forget matches—even bad matches—very quickly. I get sad about not having played well, but I don’t really get pissed off. By the time I get back to the hotel, it’s completely forgotten and I’m fine again.”

Maybe the above explains, much better than I could have, why I can't take to him.

You're totally reaching there dude.

McEnroe was a legend, I loved the fact that he was the worlds best and still a stroppy fucker. Federer is also a legend, but for different reasons. Possibly a better player, we'll never know given the change in technology/fitness etc.

But the women's game is way more interesting, I'm off to the Wimbledon warmup tournament for women down here by the seaside, good chance to see the worlds best closeup (and a chance to letch over lots of 18 year old tall athletic women). Woo ha!

Wheres that Mr sie?

He is, I agree entirely.

Errrr, I'm waiting for the arrogance?

Where's the debate about Nadal? Your all Wimbledonaholics you big fuckers!

But the women's game is way more interesting, I'm off to the Wimbledon warmup tournament for women down here by the seaside, good chance to see the worlds best closeup (and a chance to letch over lots of 18 year old tall athletic women). Woo ha!

Eastbourne?

I'm not sure I see where you are going with that quote

Yeah I kinda said it illustrated, to me, probably why I don't like him/his attitude very much.

The lack of humility was a a further issue.

What about Anastacia Myskina or something like that. Does she still play?

She does but she's so crap now apparently cos of her family problems and all that. She got thrashed in the 1st round I think by Megan Shaugnessy.

I wouldn't claim that Sampras was definitely better than Federer is, as you say, different eras.

And think of how many Grand Slams Sampras would have won if he had the (lack of) competition of Federer!

I personally enjoyed watching Sampras far more.

He very much had within him an all court game, he just rarely had to use it because of the precision of his serve and volleys. Sampras was actually less powerful that many of his contemporaries and I wouldn't be surprised if his average serve speed is very similar to Federer's.

Comparisons are different, Moo - but judging by the plethora of talent during Sampras's time, one could conjecture that he may be better. His era was marked by US tennis at its peak.

I'm looking forward to Nadal's next match. I have been hugely impressed by the young Serb - Djokovic - who may spring a surprise. He's got great ground strokes, poise and concentration for one so young. This could be a breakthrough, plus anyone that does a running, jumping double-handed backhand is ace in my books.

I'm looking forward to Nadal's next match. I have been hugely impressed by the young Serb - Djokovic - who may spring a surprise. He's got great ground strokes, poise and concentration for one so young. This could be a breakthrough, plus anyone that does a running, jumping double-handed backhand is ace in my books.

He'll be looking like this after he's played Nadal a.k.a. The King of Clay...

CP223-8-crushed-by-oldchem.jpg

Nadal will win. In 4 at the very worst.