You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tennis

Remmie

On 29/05/2019 at 17:26, Tony Moanero said:

About five or six years ago, I went for a shit at about 9am, promptly deposited a sizeable log into the pan, then sat there, reading a book, browsing the internet and watching a film on my tablet, until about 7 or 8pm, before wiping my arse. 

On 29/05/2019 at 19:34, Tony Moanero said:

My wife has just reminded me that we were living in London then. She left the house just as I was sitting down to drop my guts, went shopping in Oxford Street, then on to the Designer Outlet in Ashford, Kent, which is about an hour train journey from St Pancras, and I was still on the bog when she got home.

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Jean Valjean was the last person to get this much grief for pinching a loaf. 

I'm with Remmie on this one, a man's gotta shit, and like making good wine - it takes as long as it needs to. I've had shits that took so long there was a actually a new President by the time I finished wiping. 

Tony wrote the book on this subject.

A man among men.

• Upvote 3

There's a gap in the women's game for someone to come through and take it by the scruff if the neck.  It looked like that would be Osaka, I hope it still can be, but I really hope it can be Emma Raducanu too. And Fernandez looks impressive also, really determined.  Hopefully they'll turn out to be just what the women's game has needed for about a decade.

27 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Wasnt there a US girl Coco Gauff who was reckoned to be the next big thing in women's tennis? Dont know what has happened to her but this lass looks to be a star in the making.

Yeah Gauff burst onto the scene, has levelled off a bit now but is still only 17 so plenty of time for her.

Made up for her. I had my eye on her from the early days at Wimbledon for obvious reasons (ahem)  and it's great to her her progress so far so quickly.

What makes her rise even more astonishing is to learn that she barely competed for a over a year coming into Wimbledon due to covid restrictions, took and passed her A levels, and took and passed her driving test in the past year.

She does a great job of appearing normal when she's anything but.