You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tennis

Remmie

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Fair fucks to Rafa. If anyone deserves to overtake Fed it's him. Great player. 

Dont think I'll ever get over Fed losing that Wimbledon final the way he did last year. No way Nadal would have let that slip. 

It was fucking harrowing wasn’t it.

Djokovic has supernatural mental strength though and it must create more than a seed of doubt, even for Rafa here.

Has there ever been a tougher player to finish off?

Just now, Dr Nowt said:

It was fucking harrowing wasn’t it.

Djokovic has supernatural mental strength though and it must create more than a seed of doubt, even for Rafa here.

Has there ever been a tougher player to finish off?

Never mate. Only Rafa comes close.

Fed will always be king for me but Ive realised despite being the most talented player Ive ever seen, compared to the other 2 he's not quite as mentally strong.  He should have won last year and definitely could have beaten Rafa at a couple of the French's but lost his head after being ahead. Should be up to 25 slams by now. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Fed will always be king for me but Ive realised despite being the most talented player Ive ever seen, compared to the other 2 he's not quite as mentally strong.  He should have won last year and definitely could have beaten Rafa at a couple of the French's but lost his head after being ahead. Should be up to 25 slams by now. 

Agreed mate. Look at the first Wimbledon Rafa won. Losing a two set lead to the then greatest player ever, the undisputed King of Wimbledon, and he rallies to win it anyway. Plenty of great men would have folded, possibly including Federer himself.

Much as I can’t stand Novak, in many ways it would be fitting if they all ended up on 20 slams (or more), and it was a case of pick what you like in terms of assessing their merits as the greatest ever. They’re all more or less worthy of at least being considered for it in fairness, leaving personal preference aside.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Agreed mate. Look at the first Wimbledon Rafa won. Losing a two set lead to the then greatest player ever, the undisputed King of Wimbledon, and he rallies to win it anyway. Plenty of great men would have folded, possibly including Federer himself.

Much as I can’t stand Novak, in many ways it would be fitting if they all ended up on 20 slams (or more), and it was a case of pick what you like in terms of assessing their merits as the greatest ever. They’re all more or less worthy of at least being considered for it in fairness, leaving personal preference aside.

Yeah totally agree with all that mate. 

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

True, I was totally gutted when he lost that last Wimbledon final vs Novak when he blew two match points. I knew after that Novak would go on and win the final, which of course he did. No way should Roger have lost that final with two match points.

The 3 greatest ever without a doubt. Sampras hold over Wimbledon I never thought we would see again but to have 3 absolute geniuses come along at the same time. For 15 years we've been blessed in this sport. 

I'm a Federer man but my mum loved Nadal and Tennis was her sport so I'm rooting for him to overtake Federer by the time they retire. 

Shame Djokovic has turned into a real prick of a man the last few years. Always thought he had more class. Even in the last game he was speaking to the ball-boy like shit. About as humble as a fucking chrome Ferrari spider. 

6 minutes ago, Baltar said:

True, I was totally gutted when he lost that last Wimbledon final vs Novak when he blew two match points. I knew after that Novak would go on and win the final, which of course he did. No way should Roger have lost that final with two match points.

As someone said it went to 5 sets and he played well enough to win them all! As soon as it went to the final set tiebreak i knew he was fucked

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Has there ever been a more resilient player? Murray has had his moments like. 

That capacity to always, always make someone play one extra shot is one thing, but just the absolute refusal to go even when behind and seemingly down and out. It’s like watching Nigel Benn get put on his arse and worrying for the other fighter.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think Djokovic will end up winning the most, Fed is done and Nadal will only win on Clay, Djokovics mental strength and fitness will see him end up GOAT when it’s all said and done imo

Yeah i can see that happening alright mate. Just have to hope Nadal can stay competitive.