You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tennis

Remmie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell, a brutal interview to watch.

I read the other day his surgeon pretty much said nobody else could have pushed themselves to the same limits in pursuit of a way to turn this round.

Immense mental strength and willpower ultimately overruled by physical realities despite giving it everything.

His interview today betrays just how difficult it is for someone with that level of fighting spirit to come to terms with losing that battle.

Zero charisma, smacks of being a bit of a diva and I despise his mother. 

That said, an absolute baller. Managed to keep his head above water with 3 of the greatest tennis players of all time and win a few majors. 4th out of the 4 granted but they all had natural talent. You can tell Murray had talent but he had to work like fuck to bleed every single bit of it. His injuries show that. You can tell when watching him over the last 3/4 years that he is in absolute agony. 

I never rooted for Murray except in 2 finals. The first Wimbledon one that he lost and cried in the interview. I got a lump in my throat. Then the next year when he won it I was made up for him getting the monkey off his back. 

Definitely a British sporting legend. How fitting if he could go out with a Wimbledon win. rest assured he will do his best and they day he (if he makes Wimbledon) gets knocked out or wins it will be an emotional day for sure. 

I was about to say i can't be arsed with all the knighthood calls that will inevitably follow but I've just seen that he already has been knighted ffs. 

On 1/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, Creator Supreme said:

A plea to Andy Murray:

Andy, retire mate, you've been fucking excellent and if you were playing in any other era you'd have a lot more than 3 slam wins, but you're cooked! Stop now before it starts to get embarassing. The injuries have done for you.

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Looks like it’s all over for Murray.

Retiring at Wimbledon this year if he makes it that far, which he freely admits may not even be possible.

All-time British sporting legend.

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Fucking hell, a brutal interview to watch.

I read the other day his surgeon pretty much said nobody else could have pushed themselves to the same limits in pursuit of a way to turn this round.

Immense mental strength and willpower ultimately overruled by physical realities despite giving it everything.

His interview today betrays just how difficult it is for someone with that level of fighting spirit to come to terms with losing that battle.

Just to put this into perspective, he said that he even finds it painful to lean down and put his socks on. The op he had was to try and play tennis, the new op is to try and make just doing simple things possible again. He has made a lot of personal sacrifices to keep playing, fair play. Hopefully he has the new op and regardless of whether he plays again, he can enjoy his life away from tennis.

Brilliant player and arguably Britain's greatest ever sportsman....

Not only with winning Majors and competing in 11 finals he also pretty much single-handedly won the Davis Cup and which tends to get slightly overlooked successive Olympic gold medals 

I guess with him and Henman regularly reaching Wimbledon semis and finals since 1998 normal service (pardon the pun) regarding British players unless Kyle Edmunds steps up will be resumed for the next 50 years.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I was about to say i can't be arsed with all the knighthood calls that will inevitably follow but I've just seen that he already has been knighted ffs. 

That's what did him in in the end. Sportsmen and women who are awarded knighthoods/damehoods while still playing invariably see their form fall off a cliff and/or succumb to a succession of injuries.

15 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Great stuff from Murray, two sets to nil down and a break in the third and yet still manages not only to break back but also take the set on a tie break....

Jeez! I was too scared to watch...although had clocked that my phone hadn’t notified me of The End

He should quit after this. He's got nothing left to prove. It's not wise to put his body through this and risk a serious injury, all while playing tennis that is below his usual level. 

As for him crying the other day, the people who are mocking him for showing his emotions are the same ones who said he was robotic and had no personality. 

I didn't used to like him. But, he's warmed on me and he should really call it a day now for his own good. 

• Upvote 1