You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirits

Not ghosts, but those 40% ones.

I love a good scotch, especially single malt. But other dark spirits I don't like at all. Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, rye (Canadian Club), rum I don;t like.

I enjoy gin and vodka, though. I find gin too easy drinking though but a good vodka is, as Paul would say, ace. Real vodka, though. From Russia or Poland. A girl (the girl I fell in love with briefly by a campfire listening to loon calls before this loon, not a waterfowl, but a real loopy-in-the-head loon- set his shoe and then himself on fire- he was drinking Jack Daniels) her old fella had the real Polish vodka and it was as if Lech Walesa himself had distilled it. You could taste the revolution, the suppression, the fate of the poor Pole nation with every drop. Even the manzillo olive I sometimes put in had a hint of despair for Poland.

Anyhoo, I've rambled enough- what is your favourite spirit?

ive never understood brandy, the smell of it blows yer head off. techilla, no more of that for me thanks, gin and hooch been there done that, Absynth, exposed myself in a gay bar, nuff said, gin is for nans, vodka you can drink pints of it very dangerous, whiskey no tar

ive never understood brandy, the smell of it blows yer head off. techilla, no more of that for me thanks, gin and hooch been there done that, Absynth, exposed myself in a gay bar, nuff said, gin is for nans, vodka you can drink pints of it very dangerous, whiskey no tar

Please tell us aboot the gay bar exposing.

Brandy- my mum used to drink Metaxa and Remy Martin. Never could acquire a tatste for it when I used to have a nip at my parents liquor cabinet.

The worst is Arpicot or Plum Brandy that Yugoslavs drink. No wonder the bloody country fell apart drinking that stuff.

v pissed and the barman was making our 3rd absynth my bird was sat outside this window and i thought it'd be dead funny to expose myself through the window. ended up falling over my jeans and had to be picked up off the floor. birds comes in telling the barman not to give us anymore. he told her to shut up & that we were fine.

v pissed and the barman was making our 3rd absynth my bird was sat outside this window and i thought it'd be dead funny to expose myself through the window. ended up falling over my jeans and had to be picked up off the floor. birds comes in telling the barman not to give us anymore. he told her to shut up & that we were fine.

Haha. Class.

I bet they cupped a feel picking you up off the floor.

I'm with you Paddy, I love a good scotch, especially as a night cap. The highland/west coast isle whiskeys like Laphroaig, Lagavulen(sp?) etc are something to behold. I think it's no coincidence that the Romans struggled to penetrate the Scottish border when you consider what those crazy celts were drinking.

I like a good single malt to finish the evening with. Not quite as partial to bourbons, but I do like Old Fashioned's made with Woodfords or Makers Mark.

I also quite enjoy a nice brandy to finish a big meal off with.

Gin and tonic is the tipple of choice whilst on an aeroplane. Also very good for a summer's afternoon. Speaking of gin, I also like a martini from time to time, and gin is better than a vodka martini in my opinion. Bombay Sapphire is a good one. And it should be dry.

If I'm going to drink vodka neat it has to be really good stuff and extra cold.

I like a good single malt to finish the evening with. Not quite as partial to bourbons, but I do like Old Fashioned's made with Woodfords or Makers Mark.

I also quite enjoy a nice brandy to finish a big meal off with.

Gin and tonic is the tipple of choice whilst on an aeroplane. Also very good for a summer's afternoon. Speaking of gin, I also like a martini from time to time, and gin is better than a vodka martini in my opinion. Bombay Sapphire is a good one. And it should be dry.

If I'm going to drink vodka neat it has to be really good stuff and extra cold.

Absolutely. No pun intended.

Irish Whisky for me, Bushmills etc,

I used to drink Southern Comfort in my late teenage years, but it turns me into someone who thinks he's a love god. A few shots of that on top of the lager, usually ends up with me going round the pub chatting to any women who would have me.

Irish Whisky for me, Bushmills etc,

I used to drink Southern Comfort in my late teenage years, but it turns me into someone who thinks he's a love god. A few shots of that on top of the lager, usually ends up with me going round the pub chatting to any women who would have me.

Plus it's a girls drink, and grim.

Got a cracking single malt for special occassions and most spirits a best drunk neat or on the rocks, none of this JD & coke bullshit- Why pay the best part of 3 quid for a drink that tastes of 50p coke?

I like both whisky and cognac, and in the drinks departement I like GT. If I had to pick one, it would be cognac, preferably something from Léopold Gourmel. We have a Norwegian importer that picks his cognac mainly from Léopold Gourmel, Jon Bertelsen. His cognac is high quality to a relative low price. He picks his cognac mix from pure selections and doesn't add sugar to it (like many does, to get that deep dark colour to it, to pretend it's oak). This makes his cognac very light in colour, but when you taste it you can really get to the fruits and minerals in it. If there are any cognac lovers on here, you should try it, Jon Bertelsen Symphonie is a good tip.