You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirits

Been meaning to pose a question on this, I'm after a new short drink for when I get fed up of lager on nights out.

I usually go with a whiskey and lemo or something equally gay and shit (but works for my taste buds).

Any suggestions welcome. Reasonably priced and likely availability of the short apply.

Nah, fuck binning it I'm going to drink it to get it down. Fuck knows what I was thinking. I'm moving house soon anyway to a bigger place and I've got my own room that she's barred from so I'm going to get a cabinet for it all in there.

Yeah that Wray & Nephew is brutal. You feel half cut after one glass.

Quality of Vodka is something of a nonsense. And all spirits to some extent.

When distilling which is essentially beer the spirit boils out the top of the still and passes through the condenser to form a spirit.

The first bit is chucked back in the mix as is the last bit and the middle third is kept as drinkable spirit. The closer you get to the middle the better quality/purer the alcohol is. Some Whisky tastes better with a bit of shit in it as does rum. Vodka however should be the middle hit, even put through the stills again.

For me it is Stolichnaya for shots. Nothing beats it.

I have many a favorite Whisky.

When I was about 19 I was summoned to my doc's for a medical (I hadn't been for over 5 years and they were gonna strike me off their register otherwise).

Anyway, along I go, they take bloods and all the usual shite, they gave me a cup to piss in and they told me to come back the following week for the results. A week goes by and back I go.

Anyway, back then I used to be out boozing 7 days a week, and I drank a lot The doc starts by asking me how many pints I'd drink on the average week. "About 60 or 70", I told him, and his jaw dropped. "Well that's rather too many ...", he began to say before I cut him short. "And about  the same again in shorts."

The doc pointed at this chart on his wall. It ran from light blue, to darker blue, to pink, to deep red. The doc goes, "This chart shows alcohol consumption...and this shows where you are...".

He pointed to the black with the skull and crossbones ! Fucking spoilsport.

• Upvote 2

Guest Super Sub

Got a cracking single malt for special occassions and most spirits a best drunk neat or on the rocks, none of this JD & coke bullshit- Why pay the best part of 3 quid for a drink that tastes of 50p coke?

The secret to jd and coke is to have the coke cold use a couple of ice cubes and to not put to much coke in and it's the bollocks.

Sugar ape has a decent enough collection. On the bin it selection I'd look a particular photo of jd, Jim beam and absolute vanilla. Plus that schnapps bullshit. For blended cheap whisky, whyte and mackay ain't bad