You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Quite a few in Runcorn most notably The Burma, The Croft and The Tricorn. Not the kind of pubs to just stumble into for a drink. Sunday league pool matches between the above mentioned used to be some of the scariest nights out. Some of the stuff that went on was just mental.

I used to drink in The Croft a number of years ago and this family of Pikey's came in and tried to take over the pool table and trying to intimidate some of the younger lads. They were promptly dispatched outside and given a bit of a kicking and they promised they'd be back. A little later about twenty of them turned up in various flatbacks and tranny vans looking to settle and it all went off. Coppers turned up in riot vans carting off whoever they managed to pin down.

The funniest site was amongst all the fighting and smashing of cars and windows the hardcore old fellas just carried on drinking at the bar and smoking their roll ups like it was a typical Friday night.

Mine is the Seaforth Castle, hasn't been decorated for years, has some weird disco lights in the window, you get stared at when you go in, even if you are the landlord, teeneage girls are in and out of the place in their pyjamas while their kids are hanging round in the doorway. Saw 2 scallies snorting coke off the bar mid afternoon and seen a lot of scraps in there. Nice.

my uncle used to run that pub up until the mid 90s, probably until about 1994.

used to love going there as a kid because upstairs my cousins had everything, computers (amiga), videos (they forced me to watch chuckie when I was about 7) , sky tele, ping pong tables, one time my uncle who was mad into scalextric set up a huge set upstairs, the upstairs floors where massive.

he used to run the Liverpool arms before that and he ran them well, before they both fell into bad times later on.

cant think of any real rough ones ive actually been into, does the Grafton count?

picked up from most Liverpools ones on the taxi's, one which I dread most I think is the Mayflower at the back of Bootle strand.

none as bad as this

[YOUTUBE]e6I8-0eDxaY[/YOUTUBE]

The Long Cross, Lawrence Weston, Bristol.

Old local of mine, is probably the biggest shithole in the country. Some twats from Sky approached Billy the owner if they could film it for Britains worst pubs or some such shite to which Billy took great offence. Court cases are still ongoing.

Open 24 hours a day, half a dozen old boys that I've never in my life seen leave the place and the fights although not often are legendary. There's a guy called 'cornflakes' who has a shit load of coke on his cornflakes ala the fella from I.D. and a case of Natch for breakfast sat at the bar.

If you ever order anything at the bar other than a Natch then either be a tart not on the blob or fucking quick. For a shithole there is a massive downer on druggies in there. Cornflakes and a few others are 'allowed' to get away with it but anyone 'new' trying to buy, sell or do drugs will end up in casulty.

The place has been shot at, been on Crime Watch the lot.

Quite a few in Runcorn most notably The Burma, The Croft and The Tricorn. Not the kind of pubs to just stumble into for a drink. Sunday league pool matches between the above mentioned used to be some of the scariest nights out. Some of the stuff that went on was just mental.

I used to drink in The Croft a number of years ago and this family of Pikey's came in and tried to take over the pool table and trying to intimidate some of the younger lads. They were promptly dispatched outside and given a bit of a kicking and they promised they'd be back. A little later about twenty of them turned up in various flatbacks and tranny vans looking to settle and it all went off. Coppers turned up in riot vans carting off whoever they managed to pin down.

The funniest site was amongst all the fighting and smashing of cars and windows the hardcore old fellas just carried on drinking at the bar and smoking their roll ups like it was a typical Friday night.

I can't believe you failed to mention The Straw Hat or The Tanners when you brought up Runcorn pubs, The Croft and The Tricorn are like the bar ibn Cheers compared to those two.

I can't believe you failed to mention The Straw Hat or The Tanners when you brought up Runcorn pubs, The Croft and The Tricorn are like the bar ibn Cheers compared to those two.

To be fair it does say pubs you've been in and I haven't been in those two you mentioned and there's good reason for that!

The Straw Hat has been shut for a few years now I think. Rough as they come that place.

Anyone ever been in the Penny Farthing? - basically a shit cheapo pub that's by the Royal Court theatre in town. Anyway, basically you can buy anything in there (or used to be able to). Me and my brother went in there about 6/7 years ago after hearing tales of a large scale smackhead team going into town on the rob and bringing it back to sell in the pub. There was one big fat fella sitting on his own and a few smackheads would come in with their coats stuffed full of various stuff from Open and Wade Smith and put it under his table.

My brother "ordered" a white Lacoste shirt off a smackhead - the shirt cost £85 but the smackhead drove a hard bargain and said he'd nick it for £30. True enough he came back 15 minutes later with the exact shirt and size he ordered although there was a small parcel

Anyone ever been in the Penny Farthing? - basically a shit cheapo pub that's by the Royal Court theatre in town. Anyway, basically you can buy anything in there (or used to be able to). Me and my brother went in there about 6/7 years ago after hearing tales of a large scale smackhead team going into town on the rob and bringing it back to sell in the pub. There was one big fat fella sitting on his own and a few smackheads would come in with their coats stuffed full of various stuff from Open and Wade Smith and put it under his table.

My brother "ordered" a white Lacoste shirt off a smackhead - the shirt cost £85 but the smackhead drove a hard bargain and said he'd nick it for £30. True enough he came back 15 minutes later with the exact shirt and size he ordered although there was a small parcel

What was in the small parcel?

Carrying after my shite computer fucked up -

basically the parcel was clear liquid that is attached to the tag that they take off in the shop, my brother tried washing it out on high temperatures - looked completely fine when he dried and ironed it but it came up as a massive purple patch on his nice new white shirt when he stood under a UV light in a pub.

Edited by Doctor Troy

There was also a fella who used to flog stuff from Wade Smith in the Penny Farthing and the White Star who had a false leg and stuff as much as he could inside the false leg - he would wrap silver foil round his false leg to deflect the beams from the alarms, he had a highly lucrative career out of it. Some guy I know who does the taxis said he sold an Armani suite some al fella for 70 quid that was worth 1200 even though the suit was about 2 sizes too big for him. The guy with the false leg got caught once when he stuffed too much stuff into his leg and it came off when he was walking down the stairs in Wade Smith.

Anyone ever been in the Globe by Clayton Square? - dead small shitty pub thats always busy with pissheads on the Karaoke even at 11 am on a Sunday. My mate set fire to his pubes at the bar once and no one batted an eyelid.

Edited by Doctor Troy