You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Athol Vaults on Vauxhall Road was another one. 11.30 every Friday, the pub would empty so fighting could start. The landlord wouldn't have it going on in the pub. Everyone would kick shit out of each other then go back in as if nothing had happened. I'm going back almost 30 years here. They were trailblazers, because they wouldn't stop serving before 4.30am, and they had 6 varieties of crisps.

Back in 1999 when I was about 8ish, We went on our first family holiday.

Since the Little Chef near where we stayed was jam packed, we decided to travel and see if there was any nice places we could eat.

Anyway we ended up seeing this direction 3 Quid for Big Breakfast, anyway we pulled in and it was like a 'Rugby Social Club', it was a right old shit hole, the grub was decent enough but it was like being in an episode of 'Heartbeat' only alot less civilised, 5 year olds serving dinner, and random Cornish chants in the corner.

Fucking Hilarity...

When I went to India I had been there 10 days and was gagging for a bevie. Stopped off in a place in Jaipur and asked the hotel staff if there was a decent bar nearby as the hotel never served ale.

Went over the road and up the stairs of some battered set of flats, the guy from the hotel went with me, knocked on an apartment door and I went in, it was the weirdest bar I've ever seen, as someone had made a pub out of their apartment. It was full of Indian gangsters, all sitting in virtual darkness with sunglasses on, all the decor looked like it was a bar out of an early Steven Seagal film, every so often someone knocked on the door dropping off "packages".

Even though I was the only white man in there no one bothered me, two fellas were betting on the cricket which was on some twatted old 1970's telly and ended up pulling knives on each other over a daft bet and in the other corner some guy had clippers plugged into the wall shaving people's heads who were queuing up.

After 5 bottles of Kingfisher I decided to get off after the two guys who had been betting on the cricket decided to smash chairs over each others shoulders....

Last season, me and my mate went to Warrington to watch the reserves play Man Utd. After the match, we had a bit of time to kill because our train back to Liverpool wasn't for another 45 minutes so we decided to go for a pint. I can't remember what it was called, but it was directly opposite the train station. The ale was shite, it was rough as fuck and as soon as we sat down with our pints, what seemed like the entire pub started singing Man Utd songs. There was some Scouser at the bar and this fucking meat-headed inbred cunt just waded through a sea of people and headbutted him and loads of police cars starting pulling up outside. When we saw that, we just downed our pints and left.

Horrible, horrible place.

Haha, that used to be my local (if you mean the station being Bank Quay, not central)

It's called the Patern Arms

patten_front250.jpg

My mate told me he went to South Africa two years ago with some lads that he has known for years, they hired a car to do the Garden Route and were in a dodgy bar not far from Port Elizabeth. They challenged a few of the locals to some games of pool and started flashing their money round and a big argument ensued over whether they were allowed two shots or one on the black.

My mate who gets a bit nasty when he's pissed said "Ah fuck it, give the cunts the money, they're all poor anyway". The locals took the money and left and my mate and his friends carried on bevvying for another 2 hours, they walked outside to get in their hire car but the hire car had been riddled with bullets and set on fire. They were lucky that the boot handn't been burnt out but they had to wait there overnight shitting themselves for another hire car to turn up.

This happened in my local recently, nice.

Teenager in pub 'torture' ordeal

The horrific injuries suffered by the teenager during a late-night attack in the Falcon’s Rest pub.

« Previous « PreviousNext » Next »View GalleryADVERTISEMENTPublished Date:

22 January 2009

By Robert Brooks

A POLICE investigation has been launched after an 18-year-old man was allegedly set on fire at an Alnwick pub.

The teenager was found to have suffered massive burns to his back and leg on Sunday, January 11, when he returned home after a night out drinking at the Falcon's Rest on Clayport Street.

He is also believed to have been beaten, cut and even electrocuted. Further medical examinations are due to be carried out tomorrow to determine whether he was sexually assaulted with a beer bottle.

His horrified parents only found out the true extent of his injuries hours after he got home and contacted Northumbria Police on the Monday morning.

The teenager's distraught father said: "He went out to a party on the Saturday night and came back like this. It was so bad that Alnwick Infirmary couldn't treat him, so he had to go to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.

"He was kept in the burns unit for two days, and his leg is so bad that he might need a skin graft."

The family provided photographs to the Gazette to show the graphic nature of his wounds.

His father added: "It's sick what they have done to my son. It's torture. Even in Iraq they don't do that to prisoners.

"We want justice."

Northumbria Police confirmed that they are investigating what was described as a 'very unusual incident' at the pub, which is now closed.

Superintendent Allan Brown said: "We are making inquiries into an alleged assault at the Falcon's Rest pub during the early hours of Sunday, January 11.

"An 18-year-old man came into Alnwick Police Station with injuries on Monday, before being referred to hospital for treatment. He is now back at home.

"The investigation is in its early stages, but he may have suffered these injuries at the Falcon's Rest after it was closed on Sunday.

"This appears to be a very unusual incident and we are working to establish exactly what happened."

Local Neighbourhood Inspector Sue Peart added: "This incident just goes to show that the Falcon's Rest has been a thorn in the side of Alnwick for some time.

"We are delighted that the premises has been forced to close down.

"There are lots of rumours and gossip in the town about this incident and we urge anyone with information to contact police."

Three men, aged 30, 21 and 18 have been arrested on suspicion of assault, and have been bailed until March 16 pending further inquiries.

Any information can be given to Northumbria Police on 03456 043 043.

The full article contains 437 words and appears in Northumberland Gazette newspaper.

I don't even remember if I've posted this before, although it might be in here earlier on this thread (apologies if it is), but I went to a pub just by Parkhead in Glasgow. We went to see a Celtic game with my mate.

It was fine when filled with the Celts, but after the game as the light drew down we were told not to stick around after dark, as English accents wouldn't be welcome. The bar was an island, which had a cage that came out of the ceiling all the way down to half an inch above the height of a pint above the bar. The staff came and went through a hole in the floor.

not the roughest but the boozer by Nunhead station in sth east ldn. old fellas asleep at the bar until the barmaid woke em up with a fresh pint.

the axe in liverpool st. strip pub, 50p in the glass. big old dirty pub with big rough arses on the door & birds walking round in thick smoke. you could be having a beer at the bar, chatting away and some bird would be shoving her minge in yer face.

probably been done up now.

What about the Flying Scotsman in Kings Cross?

The Flying Scotsman 4 Caledonian Road King's Cross London N1 9DU

The Western Approaches, The Dog & Gun, The Stand Farm all in Crocky. The Dog & Gun and The Stand Farm got closed down because they found smack/coke, you name it, behind the bar and they were selling it. I remember being about 17 in the Western Approaches and you could buy anything in there. A couple of horrible scallies I know got kicked out the Stand Farm, they came back and ram raided a fiesta through the front door! Funnily enough, they're all closed down now. Good riddance.

What about the Flying Scotsman in Kings Cross?

The Flying Scotsman 4 Caledonian Road King's Cross London N1 9DU

Yep been in there, not the roughest I've been in though.

Mate of mine described one of the strippers as a rougher eastern european looking Lisa Minelli. The strippers were about one step up from the brasses you can get on the street round there. Horrible.

The guy who decorated my house said he used to go the Eagle & Child, he said they had a large alsatian chained up by the end of the bar and if it went off the dog would come off the leash and everyone would chill the fuck out. He said that he went in on his own one day and the fact that he was reading the paper on his own drew more attention than a scally riding through the pub on a moped.

Yep been in there, not the roughest I've been in though.

Mate of mine described one of the strippers as a rougher eastern european looking Lisa Minelli. The strippers were about one step up from the brasses you can get on the street round there. Horrible.

That's fucking hilarious, I'm going there next time I'm in London.

Went to a rough pub in Edinburgh called the Scotsmans Lounge, it had no proper chairs, just varnished barrels. There were tons of insects all over the wall and lots of pictures and posters up showing how much they hated the English. Some al fella sparked up a ciggy at the bar and the barman punched him in the face without even telling him to piut it out.

My brother used to go to the Doric in Seaforth, was a complete dump, two bad scally birds behind the bar and full of trampy cunts. Went the bar and came back with the ale, my brother was surrounded by 5 scally lads about 17, i thought they were going to kick his head in but they randomly said to him "Eh mate don't yer reckon those moon landings are fake?" He had a 20 minute conversation with 5 Sean Mercer lookalikes about how NASA can photoshop pictures of the moon landings and told them the entire plot of Capricorn One. Weirdest conversation ever.

Not specifically violent, but a pub down the docks called the Hangman where they had strippers on at lunchtimes. Went there for 'research' purposes (I was organising a do which required an exotic dancer) and the first time we just missed the stripper. When I asked the barman about the act he was quite effusive, explaining that she was called 'Twix Fits' after an internal confectionary trick, and showed us the 'podium' (a sheet of plywood on beercrates) where she'd been, complete with a Twix wrapper, yoghurt pot and talc everywhere. When I asked where the Twix was he said "Oh, some old fella ate it"!

Not specifically violent, but a pub down the docks called the Hangman where they had strippers on at lunchtimes. Went there for 'research' purposes (I was organising a do which required an exotic dancer) and the first time we just missed the stripper. When I asked the barman about the act he was quite effusive, explaining that she was called 'Twix Fits' after an internal confectionary trick, and showed us the 'podium' (a sheet of plywood on beercrates) where she'd been, complete with a Twix wrapper, yoghurt pot and talc everywhere. When I asked where the Twix was he said "Oh, some old fella ate it"!

Hahaha - I remember the Hangsman well. Dog rough.

stanleywq7.jpg

Wandered in here when Sandhills station was closed so I had to get off at Bank Hall and fancied a quick pint.

I actually thought the place was closed, only for the faint noise of the Horse Racing on Channel 4.

Not so much scary, more just fucking weird.

Didn't help that the only other person in the pub was some crazy arl fella who was having a heated conversation with himself.

Seen this thread and knew the Shaky would be in here.

Haha called 'Barcadi Blast' - the cheapo version.

£1.85 - you don't even get those prices down Netherfield Road.

Ahem.

As a kid i used to go Rat killing on Neddy Rd in the bombed out cellers of the big houses by the Simon Community happy days 1 mans decent boozer is another mans rough pub I remember 30years ago playing Pool upstais in Dolly's on Scotty and you used to just twat the fat end of the que in the wall and use the Plaster to chalk the other end

I have watch as an owled women would just piss herself standing by the bar rather than go the toilet but i never thought it a rough pub

I have been in the Eagle when a fella orded some drinks asked how much it was and said just hang on a min

He then went an held up the bookies across the road and come back and paid for the ale

I have been in some dodgy ale houses all over the country especially when i was going to sea but likewise i have had some of my best nights out in some of them so called rough houses

As a kid i used to go Rat killing on Neddy Rd in the bombed out cellers of the big houses by the Simon Community happy days 1 mans decent boozer is another mans rough pub I remember 30years ago playing Pool upstais in Dolly's on Scotty and you used to just twat the fat end of the que in the wall and use the Plaster to chalk the other end

I have watch as an owled women would just piss herself standing by the bar rather than go the toilet but i never thought it a rough pub

I have been in the Eagle when a fella orded some drinks asked how much it was and said just hang on a min

He then went an held up the bookies across the road and come back and paid for the ale

I have been in some dodgy ale houses all over the country especially when i was going to sea but likewise i have had some of my best nights out in some of them so called rough houses

Interesting observation Bob. You seem to be pretty flexible in giving a pub a chance and not labelling it as a shithole too early.

Interesting observation Bob. You seem to be pretty flexible in giving a pub a chance and not labelling it as a shithole too early.

If it happens once or twice Stu, surely it's forgiveable? In my father's day, a unrinating old woman in the corner would have been considered to add a certain local colour to a pub's ambience, indeed a pub's fame spread largely due to such attractions.

Less forgiveable if it's a regular ocurrence though; over-familiarity with a unique feature tends to reduce it's impact.