You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are you doing driving through Otara anyway?

I lived in the directly adjacent suburb for 5 years and wherever I was going, always managed to find an alternative route. Fuck that.

Hudu's local.  I knew it.

(I had to drive through to Middlemore.  Were you in Papatoetoe or Flat Bush?)

Josef, "pokies" means bandits.  Fruit machines.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/28/2017 at 8:55 AM, razor said:

Hudu's local.  I knew it.

(I had to drive through to Middlemore.  Were you in Papatoetoe or Flat Bush?)

Josef, "pokies" means bandits.  Fruit machines.

Just noticed this reply. I was in Dannemora. Always found it ironic that you had to drive through Otara to get to the hospital. Prescient city planning, that one.

• Upvote 1

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/haymarket-institution-diane-s-pool-hall-closes-its-doors-1-4604577

Did a weekend trip to Edinburgh with Mrs ArDjess a couple of years back. Stayed at the Leonardo hotel in Haymarket, we played Watford on the Sunday and this place was just across the road from us. We went in, it felt real local... I was the only non white person in there and everyone was older than us by at least 15-20 years. We won 6-1. A few high fives with the resident Liverpool supporters, we ended up sat with them. One of the older ladies as she got up on her way to her bar, looked at me lovingly and stroked by hair like she would a kid.. My missus found it hilarious (I was 31 then). The conversation then evolved to Brexit.. one of the guys was an ardent brexiteer, and wanted it to keep the immigrants out. Made it feel a bit awks for me, but by then it was already late and I had a train to catch. 

You been here @Mook?

14 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

You have to admire the way people let it roll for a bit. 

Will have quickly got to a point where him cracking her would have been acceptable to everyone in there. Then the fella realises the other fella isn't going to retaliate so its just arl arse watching him get hit. 

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/haymarket-institution-diane-s-pool-hall-closes-its-doors-1-4604577

Did a weekend trip to Edinburgh with Mrs ArDjess a couple of years back. Stayed at the Leonardo hotel in Haymarket, we played Watford on the Sunday and this place was just across the road from us. We went in, it felt real local... I was the only non white person in there and everyone was older than us by at least 15-20 years. We won 6-1. A few high fives with the resident Liverpool supporters, we ended up sat with them. One of the older ladies as she got up on her way to her bar, looked at me lovingly and stroked by hair like she would a kid.. My missus found it hilarious (I was 31 then). The conversation then evolved to Brexit.. one of the guys was an ardent brexiteer, and wanted it to keep the immigrants out. Made it feel a bit awks for me, but by then it was already late and I had a train to catch. 

You been here @Mook?

I was barred from Diane's, I told Diane to fuck off when I was about 20 & a bit of a fanny & never went back. It was a good place though, definitely a bit lively at times. An Edinburgh institution.

Unfortunately it shut down about 18 months back & has been turned into the worst plastic paddy shithole known to man.

If you make it up again before you head home, give us a shout.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

I was barred from Diane's, I told Diane to fuck off when I was about 20 & a bit of a fanny & never went back. It was a good place though, definitely a bit lively at times. An Edinburgh institution.

Unfortunately it shut down about 18 months back & has been turned into the worst plastic paddy shithole known to man.

If you make it up again before you head home, give us a shout.

Will do mate. I loved it there. The town is very picturesque. We went out to this nice restaurant called Scran & Scallie and had probably one of the best meals I’ve had in the UK there. Went back last year and took my parents who were visiting. Did a bit of a drive up the highlands to Glen Coe. Amazeballs. 

• Upvote 1