Quantcast
Roughest pub you've ever been in?? - Page 41 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

What are you doing driving through Otara anyway?

I lived in the directly adjacent suburb for 5 years and wherever I was going, always managed to find an alternative route. Fuck that.

They sell Titanic Plum Porter. The pub has no place in this thread.

There's a new Lidl opening near ours tomorrow. I had no interest in even visiting it until this beer was mentioned on here. It better not disappoint.

There's a new Lidl opening near ours tomorrow. I had no interest in even visiting it until this beer was mentioned on here. It better not disappoint.

Turns out I got the date wrong and it opened yesterday. Just sat in the traffic and battled my way through the crowds only to find they don’t have it. Bastards.

What are you doing driving through Otara anyway?

I lived in the directly adjacent suburb for 5 years and wherever I was going, always managed to find an alternative route. Fuck that.

Hudu's local.  I knew it.

(I had to drive through to Middlemore.  Were you in Papatoetoe or Flat Bush?)

Josef, "pokies" means bandits.  Fruit machines.

This one is called the Artful Dodger, it's in Sighthill, Edinburgh - which as you've probably guessed, is a shithole.

3200177292.jpg

This one is called the Artful Dodger, it's in Sighthill, Edinburgh - which as you've probably guessed, is a shithole.

3200177292.jpg

You sure thats not on Chatsworth Estate?
  • Upvote 1

3200177292.jpg

As a rule of thumb, any area of Edinburgh mentioned in an Irvine Welsh novel is generally a shithole.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Barmaids beating up the customers in the Legion.

He did well not to drop her 

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2017 at 8:55 AM, razor said:

Hudu's local.  I knew it.

(I had to drive through to Middlemore.  Were you in Papatoetoe or Flat Bush?)

Josef, "pokies" means bandits.  Fruit machines.

Just noticed this reply. I was in Dannemora. Always found it ironic that you had to drive through Otara to get to the hospital. Prescient city planning, that one.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He did well not to drop her 

Im going to offer to train him for the re-match.

Image result for apollo and rocky training

• Upvote 1

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/haymarket-institution-diane-s-pool-hall-closes-its-doors-1-4604577

Did a weekend trip to Edinburgh with Mrs ArDjess a couple of years back. Stayed at the Leonardo hotel in Haymarket, we played Watford on the Sunday and this place was just across the road from us. We went in, it felt real local... I was the only non white person in there and everyone was older than us by at least 15-20 years. We won 6-1. A few high fives with the resident Liverpool supporters, we ended up sat with them. One of the older ladies as she got up on her way to her bar, looked at me lovingly and stroked by hair like she would a kid.. My missus found it hilarious (I was 31 then). The conversation then evolved to Brexit.. one of the guys was an ardent brexiteer, and wanted it to keep the immigrants out. Made it feel a bit awks for me, but by then it was already late and I had a train to catch. 

You been here @Mook?

14 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

You have to admire the way people let it roll for a bit. 

Will have quickly got to a point where him cracking her would have been acceptable to everyone in there. Then the fella realises the other fella isn't going to retaliate so its just arl arse watching him get hit. 

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/haymarket-institution-diane-s-pool-hall-closes-its-doors-1-4604577

Did a weekend trip to Edinburgh with Mrs ArDjess a couple of years back. Stayed at the Leonardo hotel in Haymarket, we played Watford on the Sunday and this place was just across the road from us. We went in, it felt real local... I was the only non white person in there and everyone was older than us by at least 15-20 years. We won 6-1. A few high fives with the resident Liverpool supporters, we ended up sat with them. One of the older ladies as she got up on her way to her bar, looked at me lovingly and stroked by hair like she would a kid.. My missus found it hilarious (I was 31 then). The conversation then evolved to Brexit.. one of the guys was an ardent brexiteer, and wanted it to keep the immigrants out. Made it feel a bit awks for me, but by then it was already late and I had a train to catch. 

You been here @Mook?

I was barred from Diane's, I told Diane to fuck off when I was about 20 & a bit of a fanny & never went back. It was a good place though, definitely a bit lively at times. An Edinburgh institution.

Unfortunately it shut down about 18 months back & has been turned into the worst plastic paddy shithole known to man.

If you make it up again before you head home, give us a shout.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

I was barred from Diane's, I told Diane to fuck off when I was about 20 & a bit of a fanny & never went back. It was a good place though, definitely a bit lively at times. An Edinburgh institution.

Unfortunately it shut down about 18 months back & has been turned into the worst plastic paddy shithole known to man.

If you make it up again before you head home, give us a shout.

Will do mate. I loved it there. The town is very picturesque. We went out to this nice restaurant called Scran & Scallie and had probably one of the best meals I’ve had in the UK there. Went back last year and took my parents who were visiting. Did a bit of a drive up the highlands to Glen Coe. Amazeballs. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, aRdja said:

We went out to this nice restaurant called Scran & Scallie and had probably one of the best meals I’ve had in the UK there. 

What did you have?