You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 'Yankee Clipper' in town that was open when all else was closed used to be a place for meeting 'interesting' fellow patrons in. It was in the area of that other glamorous nightspot 'The Pez Espada' but open in the daytime as I recall, but can't say so for sure as I was rather drunk at the time. You mostly had to fight your way out (for one reason or another).

Anyone ever been in the Banjo?. As you come into bank Hall station you can see it at the bottom of a sloping road. It strikes me as some pub where al fellas go and sip a pint of mild all day so they can save on their heating bills.

If I was still living in Liverpool it's precisely where I would spend my life

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Popped into the Orient in Speke on Sunday, mentioned it in this thread loads of times. They've been allowed to reopen the pub after it was closed down because of violence only on the condition that they install big steel doors with an intercom to get in and out. I had a quick glass of coke and a chat with my uncle then left. Got into my car, rang my bird and put her on speakerphone while I rolled a smoke. Within seconds two unmarked police cars with the lights on blocked me in and a copper opened my car door thinking I was skinning up.

"I'll have to ring you back, babe"

Popped into the Orient in Speke on Sunday, mentioned it in this thread loads of times. They've been allowed to reopen the pub after it was closed down because of violence only on the condition that they install big steel doors with an intercom to get in and out. I had a quick glass of coke and a chat with my uncle then left. Got into my car, rang my bird and put her on speakerphone while I rolled a smoke. Within seconds two unmarked police cars with the lights on blocked me in and a copper opened my car door thinking I was skinning up.

"I'll have to ring you back, babe"

What is it with the filth around Liverpool? I was waiting in the car park at The Grove (near Anfield) before the Man City game last year & a meatwagon pulled in like something out of The Sweeney, the boy got out & started having a go at me like I'd been standing wanking in the street or something, called his local station with my details to check I wasn't Edinburgh's answer to Al Capone & then told me to be more careful in future.

Fucking chill out like.

What is it with the filth around Liverpool? I was waiting in the car park at The Grove (near Anfield) before the Man City game last year & a meatwagon pulled in like something out of The Sweeney, the boy got out & started having a go at me like I'd been standing wanking in the street or something, called his local station with my details to check I wasn't Edinburgh's answer to Al Capone & then told me to be more careful in future.

Fucking chill out like.

beak

there was no question mark.

i have said it before in another thread- there is a beak culture within their ranks

That makes sense, the bloke was going on like he'd spent the morning watching Starsky & Hutch whilst snorting Tony Montana mountains of charlie.

For some reason my memory has contorted the incident to such a level that he completed a forward roll on his way out of the van, with a gun & everything.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Penny Farthing been boarded up for a few weeks now. Not much different to the previous state it was in apart from no lurkers outside and you can't hear anyone murdering Sex on Fire at 3.30 in the afternoon.

I'm sure Liverpool City council will be mourning this loss.

Penny Farthing been boarded up for a few weeks now. Not much different to the previous state it was in apart from no lurkers outside and you can't hear anyone murdering Sex on Fire at 3.30 in the afternoon.

It still has the infamous ' Free Bacon Butties' sign outside though.

I think I would rather take my chances with the Zika virus in Rio.

• Upvote 1