You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 pages in and no mention of the Bow and arrow on Prinny drive, affectionately known as the BO five one for its love of scum bags drugs and fights. The best thing about the boozer is though its still has a load of regulars who have been there for donkeys years, who sit in the corner why they are blasted with scouse house every weekend. Been there about 4 times but the New years heave I went there for was far and away the worst, its gets to half past 10 and a mad fight breaks out so the DJ goes sorry guys am going to have to call new year because the fightings too mad. So am standing there with me bird, theres too girls smashing bottles on each other, a guy getting thrown through the bar, a guy getting a fruity dropped on him and theres a shit load of people firing party poppers singing old langs syne (at half 10) good times.

• Upvote 1

3 pages in and no mention of the Bow and arrow on Prinny drive, affectionately known as the BO five one for its love of scum bags drugs and fights. The best thing about the boozer is though its still has a load of regulars who have been there for donkeys years, who sit in the corner why they are blasted with scouse house every weekend. Been there about 4 times but the New years heave I went there for was far and away the worst, its gets to half past 10 and a mad fight breaks out so the DJ goes sorry guys am going to have to call new year because the fightings too mad. So am standing there with me bird, theres too girls smashing bottles on each other, a guy getting thrown through the bar, a guy getting a fruity dropped on him and theres a shit load of people firing party poppers singing old langs syne (at half 10) good times.

:D

Forgot all about that one.

We used to call it 'The dam' as you used to get loads of lads trying to sell you gear on the car park before you'd even got to the front doors.

The Pen & Wig in town is rough, went there after a Christmas office party and some guy had been snorting coke off one of the tables - there was only him and my mates who I went with in there. The bouncers absolutely hammered him everywhere. The only problem was that because he had snorted so much Gianluca Vialli he kept getting up even when he had been smashed really hard in the face, it was like watching Jason in Friday the 13th, anyway after 5 beatings he got thrown out into the street with blood splattered all over his white tracky - we got told to leave and saw him sprawled out on the pavement outside, the coppers came past and said "Do you know anything about this lads?" - we just pretended that we never saw a thing.

I was in there about a year ago and it had a horrible atmosphere. too much bad energy and a tension lingering in the air. It was meathead central, a bit like alice in wonderland but with drug dealers and slags. Anyway, i got out of there before i went green.

The Bow & Arrow looks rough, never been in and after reading your stories i think i'll swerve it!

There are a few rough places down South Road in Waterloo but nothing on the same level as the Bow & Arrow. I used to work in Nicolas next door to the Raven and saw some guy go in there once with blood all over his face with a massive iron bar, ten minutes later there were two riot vans racing up and went in to crack a few heads. The Waterloo Tavern and the Alex are a bit rough as well.

Went into a pub on Mill Lane in Cambridge once, it was a Jamaican bar and a load of yardies were sitting off smoking weed, it was like the scene off Predator 2 where the car pulls up to Danny Glover and they say "Want some ganja maaaan?"

I was in there about a year ago and it had a horrible atmosphere. too much bad energy and a tension lingering in the air. It was meathead central, a bit like alice in wonderland but with drug dealers and slags. Anyway, i got out of there before i went green.

Rough as hell, saw Derek Acorah sneak in there a year ago, maybe he came out after sensing the bad atmosphere in there!

The Bow & Arrow looks rough, never been in and after reading your stories i think i'll swerve it!

There are a few rough places down South Road in Waterloo but nothing on the same level as the Bow & Arrow. I used to work in Nicolas next door to the Raven and saw some guy go in there once with blood all over his face with a massive iron bar, ten minutes later there were two riot vans racing up and went in to crack a few heads. The Waterloo Tavern and the Alex are a bit rough as well.

Went into a pub on Mill Lane in Cambridge once, it was a Jamaican bar and a load of yardies were sitting off smoking weed, it was like the scene off Predator 2 where the car pulls up to Danny Glover and they say "Want some ganja maaaan?"

I used to work in the Raven for a while, it was never too rough, just the odd fight and blokes in their late 30's who should have known better. They were usually found drinking becks or bud at the bar and looking for a fight. But in recent years it has declined somewhat from what I've seen. Once boozrs start doing the pint for a £1 or £1.40 they always take a dive.

The Alex always used to be alright, but just a bit grotty.

The Railway used to be the one round there. That used to have some real hard nuts in there. I used to go and visit my old man in the bar, he drank there for years. I wouldn't go in the lounge though, fuck that.

I used to work in the Raven for a while, it was never too rough, just the odd fight and blokes in their late 30's who should have known better. They were usually found drinking becks or bud at the bar and looking for a fight. But in recent years it has declined somewhat from what I've seen. Once boozrs start doing the pint for a £1 or £1.40 they always take a dive.

The Railway used to be the one round there. That used to have some real hard nuts in there. I used to go and visit my old man in the bar, he drank there for years. I wouldn't go in the lounge though, fuck that.

Do you know a blonde lad called Paul May aka the Crosby punchbag? - he always propped up the bar in the Raven. He got beat up once by four 10 year olds on BMX's outside the Raven, they even smashed one of their bikes over his head. He came in with blood pouring from his head and a few of the people in the pub were going to go out and fill in the people who did him over until he emarassingly admitted that they were only 10 years old.

Only ever been in the Railway once, it looks like a pub that the Sweeney would go into to threaten a grass.

The Railway brings back memories me dad used to be the goalie and run the footy team back in the 80's before he died - many a pop and crisps in there after the game

Do you know a blonde lad called Paul May aka the Crosby punchbag? - he always propped up the bar in the Raven. He got beat up once by four 10 year olds on BMX's outside the Raven, they even smashed one of their bikes over his head. He came in with blood pouring from his head and a few of the people in the pub were going to go out and fill in the people who did him over until he emarassingly admitted that they were only 10 years old.

Only ever been in the Railway once, it looks like a pub that the Sweeney would go into to threaten a grass.

::D

Nah don't know him, how long ago was that BMX incident?

About five or six years ago, he got the piss taken out of him for ages. He told me one of the barmaids there appeared in Razzle and he took the mag in once to show her at the bar, he got thrown out.

I worked there over ten years ago, so I doubt I know any of the barmaids or staff there now.

I was always a Crosby drinker anyway, probably the only way I might know of him would be through school, but I don't know the name. Also I was living away by then so wouldn't have heard the story.

I worked there over ten years ago, so I doubt I know any of the barmaids or staff there now.

I was always a Crosby drinker anyway, probably the only way I might know of him would be through school, but I don't know the name. Also I was living away by then so wouldn't have heard the story.

You would probably recognise him, he's been drinking in Crosby and Waterloo since 1990. I think he's been banned from most pubs in Crosby and Waterloo. He's very fond of getting his knob out and setting fire to his pubes.

The Railway brings back memories me dad used to be the goalie and run the footy team back in the 80's before he died - many a pop and crisps in there after the game

Probably met you a few times then BRANDS, I used to go in there to meet my Dad all the time, even had the odd kids xmas party in there (the only time I ever used the lounge)

Probably met you a few times then BRANDS, I used to go in there to meet my Dad all the time, even had the odd kids xmas party in there (the only time I ever used the lounge)

Probably its a small world and all that !

Me mum used to have that one.

Its a right shithole now though.

the bloodtub in the northend of birkenhead has got to be a contender. the place was open 24 hours! there was always people selling/taking drugs at all hours. and the floor was sticky as fuck coated in blood!!!! not forgeting the smack-heads selling whatever they'd robbed from the kwik save over the road.

Me mum used to have that one.

Its a right shithole now though.

heard today its getting pulled down anyway, couple of others which defo deserve a mention around the area are the Black Angus, and the Barley mow. The Angus especially for out and out life in own hands territory.

Oh and waverleys in Southport, at least one person has died in there yet its still going.

Technically a club but Sullivans in Bootle is rough as arseholes, full of horrible little ratboys looking to kick off. I've seen countless fights in there, someone getting lifted off the floor and thrown into the DJ stand. Someone set off a CS gas cannister in there once when it was packed and some lad from Crosby got stabbed to death outside there a few years ago.

heard today its getting pulled down anyway, couple of others which defo deserve a mention around the area are the Black Angus, and the Barley mow. The Angus especially for out and out life in own hands territory.

Oh and waverleys in Southport, at least one person has died in there yet its still going.

Is the Bow Five One defo getting pulled down? - drove past there this morning and had scaffolding all around it, the top bit was getting painted. I'll have to venture there to see what it is like if it is staying open.