You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I first went in the C&C in 1996, and it was terrible. Mind you the chippy near the station used to deal in those days, so it was

The worst from my list in brum was the Earl Grey in Balsall Heath. It was the scariest place I've ever been in. There was always deals going down outside despite being virtually opposite a police station (which closed at 6 - probably through fear). There was no decoration except for a poster of Clive Lloyd on the wall, no furniture, basin pulled of the wall and the johnny machine hanging off the wall.

As far as we knew, only me, a couple of mates and the local drunk were the only white lads to have stepped foot in the place and lived. We only went it for a drunken dare, we passed it most days when I lived in Edgbaston in second year and decided it couldn't be as bad as the reputation, it was.

The Irish boozer next to Digbeth coach station was a corker as well, I took my mum in there, class or what?

I think what we can conclude from these brief discussions is that for the most part, some of the areas of Birmingham are 3rd World dodge city territory. Ive been in that Irish Boozer next to Digbeth coach station, cant recall its name though...we saw That Petrol Emotion at the Irish Centre a couple of times, and that boozer by the coach place was bleak. Was the HummingBird still open when you were there ?

I think what we can conclude from these brief discussions is that for the most part, some of the areas of Birmingham are 3rd World dodge city territory. Ive been in that Irish Boozer next to Digbeth coach station, cant recall its name though...we saw That Petrol Emotion at the Irish Centre a couple of times, and that boozer by the coach place was bleak. Was the HummingBird still open when you were there ?

Spot on, Brum boozers are mostly rough.

Can't recall a Hummingbird, where was it?

Final mention to Platform 13 out the back of New Street Station. It is a hotel bar, but is rough. The 40 odd year old strippers from the adult cinema used to go in there between shifts and you could rent a room in that hotel by the half or full hour. Stunk of class that place.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Spot on, Brum boozers are mostly rough.

Can't recall a Hummingbird, where was it?

Final mention to Platform 13 out the back of New Street Station. It is a hotel bar, but is rough. The 40 odd year old strippers from the adult cinema used to go in there between shifts and you could rent a room in that hotel by the half or full hour. Stunk of class that place.

The Hummingbird was a club, abit like the Krazy House here, buggered if I can remember which street it was on, but it was in the City Centre....I was always leathered when I went in, but they had good bands on there back in the day. I expect it was either shut down, or refurbished and had a name change by the time you got there.

That Platform 13 was a real dive, remember having a pint or 2 in there when I had ages to wait for a train, and there was definitely some 'women' of dubious moral rectitude therein...so obviously I made my excuses and stayed....:whoops:

The Manor House in Seaforth was rough as hell. I went there for a few 21st birthdays etc, the function room was almost like a village hall, the bogs were smashed up and pipes were always leaking, the place hadn't been touched since 1981 and each time I went I always saw a scrap. I reluctantly decided to buy a house round the corner a few years later and went in one night to watch footy. There were two scally teenage pregnant girls serving - both smoking like chimneys and a couple of scallies fighting over a game of pool, the fight got in the way of the big screen so I jibbed it.

I walked past on the friday back from Crosby and witnessed a load of scallies fighting which spilt out onto the street, one scally came running out with a big chocolate cake and threw it at 2 lads who were fighting, it missed and splattered on the wall. The cake was still on the wall a year later.

The place finally closed in 2005 but you could hear tons of scallies still inside the pub going on vandalism sprees and laughing months after every window had been smashed in. I went on holiday and came back to find it burnt to a pile of rubble, my street got evacuated for one night while they put the fire out.

Fuck. I typed a long stroy and the internet failed. Fucking stupid computers.

Anyway, about 15 years ago me and a mate followed another mate out on his sales rep round to the welsh coast. he worked for Johnson & Johnson and had a load of chemists in wales to visit. We went to barmouth first and we stayed there while he went off up the coast. he picked us up later after a days swimming, eating and drinking.

he had one last chemist to visit on the way back to Shrewsbury and it was in the middle of fucking nowhere. We parked up and he went off to the chemist and we went to the pub because he'd be an hour or so. We walked into the first pub we saw and the place went fucking silent. It was packed with people all talking welsh (or pretending to). It was grey and pissing down outside and it looked like it had been pissing down for about 35 years. At the coast it had been ace weather so we were in beachwear and were dead tanned as we had just got back from 3 weeks on Corfu.

There was a picture I recognised as Owen Glendower behind the bar. We decided that it was better to order a drink than turn around and walk out (why??). So I ordered a pint of bitter and i turned to my mate and says "Pint of lager and lime". i could have fucking murdered him.

We supped up pretty sharpish.

Genius. I went the Oak Tree on Boxing Day to watch the Liverpool-Blackburn game and the Everton game was on the other screen, it was like being in no mans land between two sides shooting at each other in a war, proper angry atmosphere and stuff getting lashed left right & centre. I went in for a game a few weeks before and people were sounding me out to see if I was a copper.

My mate's Dad owns the Red Lion in Seaforth, there was some mentalist who used to go round the pubs in Seaforth deliberately getting battered, he got done over in the Salt Box and Ma Kents then a week later he decided to go in and give my mates dad a load of racial abuse. He didn't bank on him being an ex-para and boxing coach, plus his 3 sons were all in there and had a go at filling him in. I don't know of anyone who manages to go out with the sole intention of getting their head kicked in - apart from Suicidal Sid in the Viz.

Ah Sid Sid. Nice fella but I wouldnt go into The Red shouting the odds like. Bad idea.

The Seaforth Castle is quite astonishing. I was having a piss in there once and some local Seaforth lass followed me and offered me a chew if I bought her a bevvy. Also its a handy place if you want to get a teenage girl knocked up.

Other than that little boozer just past the Grafton (on the right hand side) which was nuts I cant say that any pub in Liverpool is equal to some of the Chav hot spots in Sheffield, Salford and especially North Wales.

I swear there used to be a boozer in Wrexham where they used to have spitting contests into beer glasses.

The Seaforth Castle is quite astonishing. I was having a piss in there once and some local Seaforth lass followed me and offered me a chew if I bought her a bevvy. Also its a handy place if you want to get a teenage girl knocked up.

So, how much do Bacardi Breezers cost in the Seaforth Castle then?

• Upvote 1

Ah Sid Sid. Nice fella but I wouldnt go into The Red shouting the odds like. Bad idea.

Other than that little boozer just past the Grafton (on the right hand side) which was nuts I cant say that any pub in Liverpool is equal to some of the Chav hot spots in Sheffield, Salford and especially North Wales.

I swear there used to be a boozer in Wrexham where they used to have spitting contests into beer glasses.

Sid is a sound fella but isn't too fond of racists as they gave him a lot of grief when he was younger playing footy.

Genius - my mate moved into Rossini street and won't set foot in the place. I'll tell him the Bacardi Blast story which should get him in there. Mind you if it was one of the skanks from over the road with 6 snotty nosed kids playing in the gutter i'd give it a miss!

Guest PaddyBerger15

The Seaforth Castle is quite astonishing. I was having a piss in there once and some local Seaforth lass followed me and offered me a chew if I bought her a bevvy.

and did you.....?

The Cecil Hotel, Calgary.

It's a biker/crackhead/drunk native bar that I often drive by at work. Surrounded by prossies and crackheads - I've seen a bloke getting a hummer from a fat dirty prossie in the doorway, a biker gang holding a bloke up while the y took running kicks at him, and bloke pissing out of the second story window - and that's just off the top of my head. (The examples, not the piss).

Been in there a couple of times with mates when I was younger as they had late offsales. Brown pants, stare at the floor time.

Guest PaddyBerger15
She looked like Tom Selleck.

was it the 'tash, the hairy chest or the Hawaiian shirt that put you off ?

The Hummingbird was a club, abit like the Krazy House here, buggered if I can remember which street it was on, but it was in the City Centre....I was always leathered when I went in, but they had good bands on there back in the day. I expect it was either shut down, or refurbished and had a name change by the time you got there.

That Platform 13 was a real dive, remember having a pint or 2 in there when I had ages to wait for a train, and there was definitely some 'women' of dubious moral rectitude therein...so obviously I made my excuses and stayed....:whoops:

By the Hummingbird name no, can't say I ever had the joy, I went to most clubs in Brum in my 4 years there. I imagine it changed name in that time, but probably not clientel. There was few club in the Krazy house guise so I probably went. thinking about it might be "snobs" now?

Didn't Peter Stockley do time for Manslaughter? Anyway I don't know what the Oak Tree is like up that neck of the woods nowadays but a few years ago when it was a Wetherspoons, the staff were threatened not to clean the tops of the toilet cisterns with any detergent coz the local druggies could taste it when they were snorting their lines of Charlie! Lovely .

Me aunty who has got the Cabbage Hall used to have that. Her cousin has got it now. Its not the shithole it used to be now.

"Didn't Peter Stockley do time for Manslaughter? Anyway I don't know what the Oak Tree is like up that neck of the woods nowadays but a few years ago when it was a Wetherspoons, the staff were threatened not to clean the tops of the toilet cisterns with any detergent coz the local druggies could taste it when they were snorting their lines of Charlie! Lovely ."

they cleaned the tops of the cisterns? Fucking luxury!

The Cecil didn't HAVE tops to the Cisterns! And the insides were filthy!

Me aunty who has got the Cabbage Hall used to have that. Her cousin has got it now. Its not the shithole it used to be now.

"Didn't Peter Stockley do time for Manslaughter? Anyway I don't know what the Oak Tree is like up that neck of the woods nowadays but a few years ago when it was a Wetherspoons, the staff were threatened not to clean the tops of the toilet cisterns with any detergent coz the local druggies could taste it when they were snorting their lines of Charlie! Lovely ."

they cleaned the tops of the cisterns? Fucking luxury!

The Cecil didn't HAVE tops to the Cisterns! And the insides were filthy!

Not the shithole it used to be Alan.