You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mine is the Seaforth Castle, hasn't been decorated for years, has some weird disco lights in the window, you get stared at when you go in, even if you are the landlord, teeneage girls are in and out of the place in their pyjamas while their kids are hanging round in the doorway. Saw 2 scallies snorting coke off the bar mid afternoon and seen a lot of scraps in there. Nice.

Mine was my local, The Crown on the East Lancs, but it's been closed down for a year or so now. There was all that snorting off the tables and moody people. Fights everynight of the week, it even got shot at. A bullet came throught the window. I used to love it in there though, when it was good, it was good.

Can't remember it's name it was something to do with sun though. It's in Birmingham and I ended up there at about 6am on millenium new years eve. There was just dudes stood there with guns. There were people smoking bongs and mad little smack rats dancing in front of strobe lights. I was totally off my cake on E but I was still a bit scared.

Would that be the Rising Sun?

Mine has to be The Saracens Head on Green St., High Wycombe; upon entering this establishment to sate my need for refreshment, I was not quick-witted enough to avoid the large, glass ashtray that had been thrown as a welcome.

Sawdust would have been a welcome addition.

Mine has to be The Saracens Head on Green St., High Wycombe; upon entering this establishment to sate my need for refreshment, I was not quick-witted enough to avoid the large, glass ashtray that had been thrown as a welcome.

Too many in Rhyl to mention.

"The Monty" will testify on this one. ;)

When I was over for the United game this season I was staying in a B&B in Speke. It was late on the Friday night and we decided to go to the nearest pub which was called The Fox. It looked rough and atk told us the day after that he wouldn't go there.

No longer with us, but the Eagle and Child in Page Moss takes some beating. I was in there once and they had a Mouse Racing track set up with everyone betting on these mice. It was all going well until some nutcase tried to eat all the mice for a bet and all hell broke loose.

I never went in there much but apparantly that was just a normal night.

• Upvote 1

The One O'Clock Gun on the Ford Estate is/was exceptionally rough: smashed furniture, bare boards on the floor, no natural light, no optics behind the bar, lads spitting greenies on the floor, girl getting shagged in view of everyone, coke and weed getting openly sold and consumed. The Rock Villa isn't the most salubrious of joints, either.

• Upvote 1

No longer with us, but the Eagle and Child in Page Moss takes some beating. I was in there once and they had a Mouse Racing track set up with everyone betting on these mice. It was all going well until some nutcase tried to eat all the mice for a bet and all hell broke loose.

I agree. Was in thier once when a lad on a big fuckoff motorbike came in one door and road through the bar and out the other door. The boss (a Mr Stockley) I believe did not look up from behind the bar.

Another time I nearly got stabbed for calling someones ciggies fags.

• Upvote 1

The One O'Clock Gun on the Ford Estate is/was exceptionally rough: smashed furniture, bare boards on the floor, no natural light, no optics behind the bar, lads spitting greenies on the floor, girl getting shagged in view of everyone, coke and weed getting openly sold and consumed. The Rock Villa isn't the most salubrious of joints, either.

The first pair of tits I ever saw was due to a fight outside that pub, walking back from school, two women scrapping, one of them ended up with her tits flopping everywhere. It scarred me for life, I was only 8/9. The Abbotsford is pretty grim too.

I agree. Was in thier once when a lad on a big fuckoff motorbike came in one door and road through the bar and out the other door. The boss (a Mr Stockley) I believe did not look up from behind the bar.

Another time I nearly got stabbed for calling someones ciggies fags.

I have heard many stories about this place - one where a guy robbed a monkey from Knowsley safari Park and raffled it in the pub.

The thing with the taking of drugs is that it is so blatant now. When I was in my early 20's (the early 90's) it was so discreet, now it's obvious. A constant stream of people going in and out of the toilet, one lad I know was chatting to me the other week with the tip of his nose looking like he's dipped it in chalk dust.

Made me laugh, and I had to tell him he was speaking to the vehemently anti-drugs landlord with a nose that wouldn't look out of place in "Scarface".

What took you there? It is indeed a shit hole of the highest order. Did you live in High Wycombe?

I have been laughing out loud at many of these stories, the eating of mice and, obviously, the raffling of a monkey have particularly amused me.

I've got Col's back on his Rhyl comments; just don't go there, it's like some modern "Bar Twat Safari Park".

The thing with the taking of drugs is that it is so blatant now. When I was in my early 20's (the early 90's) it was so discreet, now it's obvious. A constant stream of people going in and out of the toilet, one lad I know was chatting to me the other week with the tip of his nose looking like he's dipped it in chalk dust.

Made me laugh, and I had to tell him he was speaking to the vehemently anti-drugs landlord with a nose that wouldn't look out of place in "Scarface".

The time I went to The One O'Clock Gun was in the early 90s - that was what was so shocking. People weren't going to the toilet to get off their heads, either. They were just sitting there in full view of everyone doing lines or skinning up.

I have been laughing out loud at many of these stories, the eating of mice and, obviously, the raffling of a monkey have particularly amused me.

I've got Col's back on his Rhyl comments; just don't go there, it's like some modern "Bar Twat Safari Park".

Did you see my thread "Woohoo for Celebrities". Do you remember Rosie's on the front?

It is now a nightclub and they had Abi Titmuss on the first night and Callum Best on the second.

I didn't go, the thrill of meeting such sublimely-talented individuals would have been too much for me.

The taxi driver who picked us up last night claimed there was a huge queue's of girls trying to get in last night. Obviously for Callum.

What took you there? It is indeed a shit hole of the highest order. Did you live in High Wycombe?

Aye, I stayed there during my brief stint at uni.

I seem to recall the Hobgoblin wasn't much better, although there was a fairly decent place next to Café Rouge, and the Wetherspoons pub was okay, but lacking in the pool table of The Angel.

I don't remember much about the course, though.

Aye, I stayed there during my brief stint at uni.

I seem to recall the Hobgoblin wasn't much better, although there was a fairly decent place next to Café Rouge, and the Wetherspoons pub was okay, but lacking in the pool table of The Angel.

I don't remember much about the course, though.

There are better places to go to University I have to say. At least you didn't grow up in the area though..

not the roughest but the boozer by Nunhead station in sth east ldn. old fellas asleep at the bar until the barmaid woke em up with a fresh pint.

the axe in liverpool st. strip pub, 50p in the glass. big old dirty pub with big rough arses on the door & birds walking round in thick smoke. you could be having a beer at the bar, chatting away and some bird would be shoving her minge in yer face.

probably been done up now.

I used to work in Crosby Squash Club near Moor Lane, it is a health club now but that was properly rough. It was the only place open for a late drink after the pubs in Moor Lane shut so you would get as many people as possible trying to get in.

The bouncers used to love filling people in and throwing them down the stairs. You would get all kinds of knobs in there and there would be a few scraps every week. The same 4 guys would come in every week and racially abuse the portuguese chef all night. You'd get kicked off on if people would wait more than 5 mins for a pint even when the place was packed.

That wasn't the worst part, if we ran out of glasses you would have to go looking for them downstairs, there were 7 squash courts and a snooker room, walked in on some bird getting banged on the snooker table by 2 lads and then some bird was giving a BJ to a guy on court no 4. We used to refer to some birds as "pot black" and "Court no4"

It was quite funny as a lot of my mates would go there because it was so easy to pull, one pulled the snooker table bird and thought she was dead classy until I said "ask her if she's any good at snooker".

The manager looked like Billy Idol and one night he randomly decided to bring in a penis developer with which fell out of his coat pocket in full view of everyone. Everyone buzzed off it for about 6 months.

There are better places to go to University I have to say. At least you didn't grow up in the area though..

That was part of the reason I left; up until A-Levels I had received a silver-spoon education, had been assured a place at Oxford, and had no worries about the future.

So being an obnoxious twat who knew everything I said "fuck that", took a year out, told everyone to fuck off, and thought it would do me good to go to a "real" college as opposed to a grandiose old Institution. Twattishness of the highest order on my part.

That was part of the reason I left; up until A-Levels I had received a silver-spoon education, had been assured a place at Oxford, and had no worries about the future.

So being an obnoxious twat who knew everything I said "fuck that", took a year out, told everyone to fuck off, and thought it would do me good to go to a "real" college as opposed to a grandiose old Institution. Twattishness of the highest order on my part.

Blimey. Young people really are idiots aren't they?

I was going to nominate that one. There were people in there with broken noses, ears missing and scars all over their faces.........and I won't even mention the appearance of the men.