You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

15 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

It was Warrington I think.

I know a few lads who went there on a stag night and they said it was a bit wild.

It was Warrington I passed the site it used to be on the other week think it's either just waste ground or a makeshift car park now 

Anyone ever go the Palace in Blackpool?

Went one night in january on a coach with a load of people from Crosby. All the birds got a cob on when we got there as they had the UK centrefolds on stage naked. The place was dead bar a load of local knobhead lads looking to start fights with anyone. 

Blackpool is fucking rough. 

5 hours ago, belarus said:

Not a pub as such, but remember going to that Mr Smiths nightclub - think it was Warrington or Widnes. Anyone heard of it? 

Went on a last minute whim as some birds were driving over there, so me and a mate tagged along. I got butted within 5 minutes while stood minding my own business at the bar and ended up having a mad wrestle with some cunt on the dance floor who had come at me with a chair. Didn’t stay long after that. Fool me once and all that.

Heard of it??? Fuck me. We used to go either the Plaza in St helens or Mr Smiths on a Friday night, town Saturday. 

Mr Smiths - fuck me. Kick off central, boss music, slags all over the place. Had many a fight inside and outside as a young'un and pulled a mix of women who Rico might want to check out (if you know what I mean) and absolute stunners. Fucking a bird from Grapenhall off (arguably the best looking girl anyone has ever seen let alone shagged) for a night at the 05 is one of my biggest life regrets. I've got scars on my body from Mr Smiths. I really don't know if its the best or worst place ever. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/10/2015 at 19:40, Doctor Troy said:

Haha, yeah, you always mention it!. I cringed when I first posted it but at least it got a humourous response.

I went to see him in prison once and he was saying he'd applied for a job in the prison kitchen but wondered why they kept knocking him back. I said "probably cos there's loads of sharp things in the kitchen like the one you stabbed that fella with".

Went to a barbecue when he was on home leave, he picked up a knife to get the sauce out of a newly opened bottle and everyone ran to the other side of the garden as a natural reaction. He want amused.

Last time I met this lad was before lockdown. He went out of the pub for a smoke and was gone ages. I walked out and he was talking to the lad he stabbed 18 times like they were old mates who hadn't seen each other for a few years.

One of the most surreal experiences ever. Even fist bumped each other as the lad was leaving to walk into the pub over the road.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Last time I met this lad was before lockdown. He went out of the pub for a smoke and was gone ages. I walked out and he was talking to the lad he stabbed 18 times like they were old mates who hadn't seen each other for a few years.

One of the most surreal experiences ever. Even fist bumped each other as the lad was leaving to walk into the pub over the road.

"Bit early for Kung Fu isn't it Jim?"

• 5 months later...
On 19/02/2021 at 00:37, easytoslip said:

The Moonstone was alright spent many a night in there but what was the one directly opposite Lime St? a few doors down from where that Chinese Buffet was now a Coop or something, I think you went downstairs? 

Star and Garter? Think you had to have a tie on to get in.

• Upvote 1

Zodiac pub in Netherley had no windows, rough as fuck. Had a few mates who lived on the estate so drank there a few times.

They used to do a spot the ball, guy would ask "who's GH?" 30 fellas would all shout, here are lad. Presumably, biggest hitter won it.

Some great memories on here. Long hair, flares, penny round shirts and Reeces club. If anyone remembers there?(think it's Super drug now)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Yeah that's it, it used to have bands on I think but I can't remember having to wear a tie. 

Yeah, the Moonstone had the heavier bands on, while the Star and Garter would have the poppier stuff on. then round the corner, past the Royal Court was the Sportsman, which had fantastic bands on.  The precinct had three proper music pubs.  That was the only thing it ever had going for it.

8 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Yeah, the Moonstone had the heavier bands on, while the Star and Garter would have the poppier stuff on. then round the corner, past the Royal Court was the Sportsman, which had fantastic bands on.  The precinct had three proper music pubs.  That was the only thing it ever had going for it.

The Sportsman brings back memories. 

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

The Sportsman brings back memories. 

The go to pub before getting the Rome special in 77.

They used to have a band on called Supercharge became semi famous with a few spots on TV although not singing "she moved the dishes first" about a bird pissing in the kitchen sink.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

Didn't the Moonstone have a soul night as well with Terry Lenaine on the wheels of steel?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

The go to pub before getting the Rome special in 77.

They used to have a band on called Supercharge became semi famous with a few spots on TV although not singing "she moved the dishes first" about a bird pissing in the kitchen sink.

Great live band, Supercharge.  Their best album was produced by Mutt Lange, who went on to produce loads of famous bands and married Shania Twain.  Allie Donnelly, the bald sax player who was about 6ft 5, is still going strong, and Ozzie Yue, the guitarist and occasional singer, has acted in loads of TV stuff, notably as the Chinese guy in Father Ted who accused Ted of being a racist.