You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Those two tweets of the boozers are brilliant.

Did any of you frequent the Yanky bar on Lime St, before getting the ordinary to the aways? Some rapscallions who would frequent there.

Anyone else remember the calls to arms in the Echo editorials? 

The Yankee Bar was superb 

1 minute ago, Chip Butty said:

Yep, some great times and sing songs in there. Think its called/become an Irish bar now? 

Haha no mate it got knocked down about 5 years ago. A few of them have moved up the road, I think the owners opened a new American Irish bar opposite the barley mow. Good little pub crawl around that part of town. Not the healthiest of course but fun nonetheless. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The Blarney Stone I meant sorry not The Barley Mow 

Yep, I've bevied in there, just on Renshaw St. Opposite what used to be the Barcelona bar/club thing back in the day, which was shit.

The Dispensary further up where Dave, the worlds biggest, but funniest tit, used to run the place. People would go just to experience him. 

5 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Yep, I've bevied in there, just on Renshaw St. Opposite what used to be the Barcelona bar/club thing back in the day, which was shit.

The Dispensary further up where Dave, the words biggest, but funniest tit, used to run the place. People would go just to experience him. 

That’s right mate. I’m a fan of The Liffey a bit further up before the Dispensary but that Blarney Stone is some place. 

I think Dave of Dispensary fame gets a few reviews on the roughest pub thread and he also refused to serve me in the middle of a Saturday afternoon when me and two of my mates were sat outside saying I was two drunk. I’d had about 2 pints he just decided to be a twat. Pub was dead as well.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

That’s right mate. I’m a fan of The Liffey a bit further up before the Dispensary but that Blarney Stone is some place. 

I think Dave of Dispensary fame gets a few reviews on the roughest pub thread and he also refused to swerve me in the middle of a Saturday afternoon when me and two of my mates were sat outside saying I was two drunk. I’d had about 2 pints he just decided to be a twat. Pub was dead as well.  

ahahaha yep, thats Dave, a massive tit. 

He used to work in Fords, left to work at the Dagenham plant under mysterious circumstances , so to rile him up, some would drop the 'oh look, its Dagenham Dave' when they'd be in the Dispensary, he'd swerve you then. 

8 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

ahahaha yep, thats Dave, a massive tit. 

He used to work in Fords, left to work at the Dagenham plant under mysterious circumstances , so to rile him up, some would drop the 'oh look, its Dagenham Dave' when they'd be in the Dispensary, he'd swerve you then. 

Hahaha. Mate I’d met my mate near the bombed out church and we were walking down renshaw street, stopped for a pint (first of the day) and waited for another mate who said he’d meet us there. We were sat outside completely minding our own business. Went to order a round “you’ve had enough I’m not serving you anymore” it was 2 in the afternoon. Absolute headcase 

2 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

The Dispensary further up where Dave, the worlds biggest, but funniest tit, used to run the place. People would go just to experience him. 

Dave and the Titanic Plum Porter was always worth a visit. 

13 hours ago, tokyojoe said:

'70s I used to use it. Definitely the Eagle. Not that rough, just a bit of a dump. Not the Eagle and Child, that was in Huyton wasn't it.

Never been there, being alive probably proves it from what I've heard.

There where a few epic shitholes on or near Prescot Rd and the Eagle & Child was one of them.

Another one, the name escapes me, used to have massive dogs on the roof, now a McDonalds also in Page Moss and then there was the Bluebell on the roundabout with Knowsley Ln. Now houses

17 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

Those two tweets of the boozers are brilliant.

Did any of you frequent the Yanky bar on Lime St, before getting the ordinary to the aways? Some rapscallions who would frequent there.

Anyone else remember the calls to arms in the Echo editorials? 

Its a big shame the Irish American got knocked down for a fuckin Lidl. 

This is all thats left.

8B582371-74A3-4D21-9598-AE32346BA554.jpeg

Not a pub as such, but remember going to that Mr Smiths nightclub - think it was Warrington or Widnes. Anyone heard of it? 

Went on a last minute whim as some birds were driving over there, so me and a mate tagged along. I got butted within 5 minutes while stood minding my own business at the bar and ended up having a mad wrestle with some cunt on the dance floor who had come at me with a chair. Didn’t stay long after that. Fool me once and all that.

25 minutes ago, belarus said:

Not a pub as such, but remember going to that Mr Smiths nightclub - think it was Warrington or Widnes. Anyone heard of it? 

Went on a last minute whim as some birds were driving over there, so me and a mate tagged along. I got butted within 5 minutes while stood minding my own business at the bar and ended up having a mad wrestle with some cunt on the dance floor who had come at me with a chair. Didn’t stay long after that. Fool me once and all that.

It was Warrington I think.

I know a few lads who went there on a stag night and they said it was a bit wild.

• Upvote 1