You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Twas indeed the Star , it was very murky in there as you say , not murky enough to hide the fact the ale was pretty grim though.

It must have been well in with the police as it seemed to have people drinking in there at ridiculously early hours , sometimes when I was getting to work at 9 am.

One classy Devon pub for sale: https://property.jll.co.uk/sale-pub/pub-sale-tiverton-ex16-6qs-12086

The photos actually make it look better than I remember it.  First thing I'd do is throw out the sofa in the skittle alley.  It isn't clean.

edit: am now scouring the internet for a few shots of the football shirt collection from the Seven Stars.  Not a dodgy pub, just the football pub over the road from the Spoons (which itself used to be a genuinely dodgy pub).

6 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Don't judge a book by it's cover,great local pub this,a bastion of a certain sport team who wear red.

To be fair, it looks like it’s had a paint job since I was last there in 2015. It’s always been a red house, but it’s also been a fucking dodgy yard. Still it’s holding its head up after the rose, huntsy, arncliffe and bottle have all gone tits up.

how is the Dales these days? Used to enjoy heading through the woods for a few pints there to watch the euro always in 2001-07.

14 hours ago, arthur friedenreich said:

To be fair, it looks like it’s had a paint job since I was last there in 2015. It’s always been a red house, but it’s also been a fucking dodgy yard. Still it’s holding its head up after the rose, huntsy, arncliffe and bottle have all gone tits up.

how is the Dales these days? Used to enjoy heading through the woods for a few pints there to watch the euro always in 2001-07.

Dale's still going strong mate,very much a locals pub for that massive estate.

Anyone ever been in this shit tip, the Barley Mow in Stockbridge Village?. One of my mates lived in the flats behind it and I dropped him off after footy once. We decided to go in for a pint and got some bad daggers. You could tell the rest of the crowd were desperate for us to leave. 

My mate was an Elvis tribute act and did a gig in there for Mick Quinn and a load of relatives of his. One put a big line of coke on top of his speaker and snorted it off while he was singing suspicious minds. 

It's been knocked down now and is replaced by houses.

Weird area. Literally fuck all there and only about 2 buses go there. Full of North Face ninjas.  It reminds me of the area in Training Day where Ethan Hawke arrests Denzel Washington. 

Barley Mow Canny Farm.jpg

z224-d-dscn9909.jpg

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The Sir Thomas Norris in Broadway looks friendly from the outside. 

It was actually named in several Asbo's under its previous name , as it was the regular haunt of the Norris Green portion of the Croxteth / Norris Green gang wars, and they were banned from using it.

Been in a couple of times after Liverpool games and no real issues.

we've introduced me out laws to early doors over the last few weeks, one of the few things to make us home sick, a proper low end smoky boozer with character is fucking boss.

Remember bevvying in the thatch during the day probably mid 2000's when there had been a few shooting type incident in the area, me and the missus were using the launderette over the road, so slipped in for a few pints was a good mix of auld fuckers and ching fiends.

then went looking for me grandad, he used to bevy in the welly, walked in the back room and they had a bluey on the projectors, all the curtains drawn, just what yer looking for like on a tuesday afternoon, thankfully me grandad wasnt in there.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, arthur friedenreich said:

we've introduced me out laws to early doors over the last few weeks, one of the few things to make us home sick, a proper low end smoky boozer with character is fucking boss.

Remember bevvying in the thatch during the day probably mid 2000's when there had been a few shooting type incident in the area, me and the missus were using the launderette over the road, so slipped in for a few pints was a good mix of auld fuckers and ching fiends.

then went looking for me grandad, he used to bevy in the welly, walked in the back room and they had a bluey on the projectors, all the curtains drawn, just what yer looking for like on a tuesday afternoon, thankfully me grandad wasnt in there.

Hahahahaha

fucking love this thread me 

18 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Anyone ever been in this shit tip, the Barley Mow in Stockbridge Village?. One of my mates lived in the flats behind it and I dropped him off after footy once. We decided to go in for a pint and got some bad daggers. You could tell the rest of the crowd were desperate for us to leave. 

My mate was an Elvis tribute act and did a gig in there for Mick Quinn and a load of relatives of his. One put a big line of coke on top of his speaker and snorted it off while he was singing suspicious minds. 

It's been knocked down now and is replaced by houses.

Weird area. Literally fuck all there and only about 2 buses go there. Full of North Face ninjas.  It reminds me of the area in Training Day where Ethan Hawke arrests Denzel Washington. 

Barley Mow Canny Farm.jpg

z224-d-dscn9909.jpg

My mate lived in the flats at the back of them for a bit and we went in once. It was fucking rough but anybody who has ever been around there will know that the locals are mutants. Stocky Village is basically made up of dealers, lids on scrambler bikes and smack heads.

Those flats you mentioned are fucking horrendous.

• 8 months later...
54 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Mook’s and Champ’s local the first one apparently.

No idea where the second one was, but I bet they just voted for a Tory MP for the first time in a hundred years.

That meant to be in Edinburgh?

I don't recognise it, looks more like a function suite than a boozer.

31 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think it might be Edinburgh’s outskirts.

F9C98713-7818-4F26-992D-83432DA0E0B0.jpeg

That's in Penicuik, about 8 miles south of Edinburgh. One of my best mates is from there, I'm going to send him the video now, the sheep shagging bastard.

I saw it on Twitter last night & just assumed it was in England somewhere.