You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No roughest pub but one of the oddest things that happened to me was when I was in Lloyds Bar in Grimsby. It a done up trendy place and I was sitting on my own reading a book ignoring the world just enjoying the music and my book.

This girl comes up to me, picks up my book and throws it across the room, tells me to Fuck off, this aint a fucking library. Then she smackes me across the face and screams for the bouncers to throw me out. They come over and she tells them I grabbed her tits, and they ask me to leave.

I never even got my book back...

Grimsby for you...

Few days later in Flares in Cleethorps and this pregnant girl asks me to buy her an drink, and did I want to shag her...

Now I am a fat 40 something middle aged fart. I just want to be left alone with my book and a pint, just like I do back home.

Rough - Turleys in Birkenhead - pile of rubble now. Seen plenty of trouble in there. Beer was better than the Carlton over the road.

No roughest pub but one of the oddest things that happened to me was when I was in Lloyds Bar in Grimsby. It a done up trendy place and I was sitting on my own reading a book ignoring the world just enjoying the music and my book.

This girl comes up to me, picks up my book and throws it across the room, tells me to Fuck off, this aint a fucking library. Then she smackes me across the face and screams for the bouncers to throw me out. They come over and she tells them I grabbed her tits, and they ask me to leave.

Grimsby for you...

Few days later in Flares in Cleethorps and this pregnant girl asks me to buy her an drink, and did I want to shag her...

Now I am a fat 40 something middle aged fart. I just want to be left alone with my book and a pint, just like I do back home.

Rough - Turleys in Birkenhead - pile of rubble now. Seen plenty of trouble in there. Beer was better than the Carlton over the road.

Weird, maybe books are banned in Grimsby.

Technically a club but Sullivans in Bootle is rough as arseholes, full of horrible little ratboys looking to kick off. I've seen countless fights in there, someone getting lifted off the floor and thrown into the DJ stand. Someone set off a CS gas cannister in there once when it was packed and some lad from Crosby got stabbed to death outside there a few years ago.

God yeah, Sullivans was evil, luckily never saw trouble in there but you knew it wasn't far off.

The Park Hotel in Netherton was another bad one, full of snarlers on their way to Fallows, the main thing I remember from Fallows (apart from watching bouncers beat up random scalls) was the smell from the edible oil factory on the way home. Makes me glad I found places like the Krazy House relatively early in my going out career...

God yeah, Sullivans was evil, luckily never saw trouble in there but you knew it wasn't far off.

The Park Hotel in Netherton was another bad one, full of snarlers on their way to Fallows, the main thing I remember from Fallows (apart from watching bouncers beat up random scalls) was the smell from the edible oil factory on the way home. Makes me glad I found places like the Krazy House relatively early in my going out career...

Hated Sullivans, my mate even got knocked out by a bizzy there, he was on duty too!. Never been in the Netherton Hotel, is it a decent place or hijacked by scalls?. I remember Fallows, but when I went they changed it to the Kiss club, saw 2 bouncers stamp on a lads arm escape to victory style to deliberately break it!

Hated Sullivans, my mate even got knocked out by a bizzy there, he was on duty too!. Never been in the Netherton Hotel, is it a decent place or hijacked by scalls?. I remember Fallows, but when I went they changed it to the Kiss club, saw 2 bouncers stamp on a lads arm escape to victory style to deliberately break it!

Yeah saw the bouncers in Fallows/the Kiss do something similar, we were in line to get in and they chased some lad out of there, he fell and they jumped on his head infront of everyone, last time I went there.

Dunno if the Netherton was ever decent, started going in there around 1990 and it was rough as, maybe as they've been clearing out Dodge it's got better but I've not been in there for 5 or so years

• 1 year later...

The Leather Bottle in Halewood was a cracker. Sawdust on the floor, plastic windows and a big fuck off Alsation on the roof that people used to throw chips up to. I used to play for them when i was about 12 and every now and again our manager wouldn't turn up. I found out years later this was because he was a convicted armed robber and whenever soemwhere got done on a Saturday night he'd get called into the bizzie station the next day for a line up. He was still seen as the best person available to look after a load of kids.

One year we had our award ceremony in there and somehow someone persuaded Steve Harkness to present the throphys. I think it was the first time i'd seen genuine fear in a man's eyes. He was in and out of there faster than the SAS. Good times.

Wetherspoons in Widnes is a bit minty, not dangerous as such - but virtually everyone in there is mentally ill.

This past week we've been in a few times during the day, during which time a local Elvis impersonator (sans costume) approached us and started singing, another random old man came up to us and started talking about his diabetic gangreen, then the other day we were sat next to two coked up scousers who ran all the way from the back of the pub to the bar when Sky Sports News came on "Fucking footy laaa quick!" and just stood there giving running commentary on the news in their best exagerated scouse, while at the same time - a mental old bloke started shouting random things in the middle of the pub - Father Jack-style) "Hey you! Argghhh! Hey! Arghhhh! Shit!"

• Upvote 1

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

stanleywq7.jpg

Wandered in here when Sandhills station was closed so I had to get off at Bank Hall and fancied a quick pint.

I actually thought the place was closed, only for the faint noise of the Horse Racing on Channel 4.

Not so much scary, more just fucking weird.

Didn't help that the only other person in the pub was some crazy arl fella who was having a heated conversation with himself.

Huyton had fucking shit loads.

Eagle and Child

Rose and Crown

The Farmers

The Oak

Quiet Man

Ferrari's was the knife capital of the UK.

Huyton Park

Longy Labour

and many many more....

Funniest Pub is the Queens. So many misfits, so many laughs.

I remember The Crofters going a bit on top when i was living around there too

Last season, me and my mate went to Warrington to watch the reserves play Man Utd. After the match, we had a bit of time to kill because our train back to Liverpool wasn't for another 45 minutes so we decided to go for a pint. I can't remember what it was called, but it was directly opposite the train station. The ale was shite, it was rough as fuck and as soon as we sat down with our pints, what seemed like the entire pub started singing Man Utd songs. There was some Scouser at the bar and this fucking meat-headed inbred cunt just waded through a sea of people and headbutted him and loads of police cars starting pulling up outside. When we saw that, we just downed our pints and left.

Horrible, horrible place.

WHen my old nan and grandad were alive we used to go and visit them every Christmas Day before our Christmas Dinner. They lived on Gamlin Street in the north end of Birkenhead, and my grandad's local was The Comet. We'd take him out for a Christmas drink. Some interesting characters in there...

I also thought the Seven Stiles had gone downhill (if that were possible) when I last went in there a few years ago.

WHen my old nan and grandad were alive we used to go and visit them every Christmas Day before our Christmas Dinner. They lived on Gamlin Street in the north end of Birkenhead, and my grandad's local was The Comet. We'd take him out for a Christmas drink. Some interesting characters in there...

I also thought the Seven Stiles had gone downhill (if that were possible) when I last went in there a few years ago.

The Stiles has finally closed down now. The metal shutters on the windows somehow seem appropriate though.

stanleywq7.jpg

Wandered in here when Sandhills station was closed so I had to get off at Bank Hall and fancied a quick pint.

I actually thought the place was closed, only for the faint noise of the Horse Racing on Channel 4.

Not so much scary, more just fucking weird.

Didn't help that the only other person in the pub was some crazy arl fella who was having a heated conversation with himself.

Had an arguement about the existence of God in there about 7 years ago. Still dont know.

Guest ian garro

There used to be a boozer on the corner of Stanley and Lambeth Road in Kirkdale, called the Lighthouse. Wasnt rough "danger" wise, but it was the most bizarre place I've ever been in in my life. For some reason, I ended up in there one Friday night, when I'd been out with my arl fella and uncles and cousins all afternoon in Town.

The had some kind of disco on, in the tiny main room. It was full of the most utterly, utterly bizarre looking, desperate people I've ever seen in my life. Truly amazing.

The Old Bill on Wesminister road in Kirkdale didnt have the nicest of atmospheres either. Proper villains den.

Grimsby for you...

do you mean Furleys?

The Dominion on the Dock Road at the bottom of Bankhall was extremely dodgy. It was a glorified knocking shop, lots of desperate cunts of the boats - the strippers were so rough people used to turn their back.

I did once see a stripper in there remove an old guy's tie and proceed to stuff the whole thing where the sun did not shine, then removed it and presented it back to him in predictable fashion. One of the MDHC's finest then removed his shirt and asked her to put it on a 40 degree rinse. Very amusing.

• Upvote 2