You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who are the absolute certs to start?

Paco

I would have said so before he was left out for the semi final second leg but now I'm not so sure.

We needed to be more of an attacking threat in the second leg cause we were a goal behind, I'd say Xabi was a definite starter on Weds. Also think Kewell will defo start and the last place will go to either Crouch, Pennant or maybe Arbeloa.

Reina

Finnan

Carragher

Agger

Riise

Gerrard

Mascherano

Kuyt

Thats 8 with any 3 from Alonso, Crouch, Bellamy, Pennant, Kewell, Arbeloa, Sissoko, Zenden to make up the starting 11.

Can't see Arbeloa making it into back four so agree with that. Don't think the decision is easy on Kuyt and Crouch if we go one up top.

Reina

Finnan

Carragher

Agger

Riise

Gerrard

Mascherano

Kuyt

Thats 8 with any 3 from Alonso, Crouch, Bellamy, Pennant, Kewell, Arbeloa, Sissoko, Zenden to make up the starting 11.

Pretty much agree with that, very difficult to pick the other 3 players are very hard to guess and trying to second guess Rafa is not an easy task, however my guess would be Pennant, Kewell, & Alonso with the option of Crouch to switch to 4-4-2 if needed

Phil Thompson was on sky sports earlier and seems to think Arbeloa will start at left back with Riise left mid. I'd be inclined to agree with him.

Kewell will come on in 60th minute or so and Kuyt or Crouch as lone striker with the one left out to come on at the same stage. This is when the game will be won.

With Milan's midfield we need Alonso and Mascherano both to start to stifle them. Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka and Seedorf are all central midfielders so we need to cancel them out... and my god we will do exactly that!

Gillardino or Inzaghi up front for them? Carra will eat either of them and spit the bones back out at Gattuso's dirty, horrible, fat ugly head.

Only worry is Steve starting on the right... this we dont want.

Other than that - its coming home. No doubt.

I wouldn't trust Arbeloa in a game of this magnitude. I also wouldn't go one up top.

I don't think you can possibly say that Alonso is an "absolute cert" to start either.

i think 5 in the midfield -gerrard with a free ish role to support .....crouch or kuyt

i think.

Phil Thompson was on sky sports earlier and seems to think Arbeloa will start at left back with Riise left mid. I'd be inclined to agree with him.

Kewell will come on in 60th minute or so and Kuyt or Crouch as lone striker with the one left out to come on at the same stage. This is when the game will be won.

With Milan's midfield we need Alonso and Mascherano both to start to stifle them. Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka and Seedorf are all central midfielders so we need to cancel them out... and my god we will do exactly that!

Gillardino or Inzaghi up front for them? Carra will eat either of them and spit the bones back out at Gattuso's dirty, horrible, fat ugly head.

Only worry is Steve starting on the right... this we dont want.

Other than that - its coming home. No doubt.

Quality :thumbsup:

I reckon if Kewell plays a part in this game he will start. no way, I would have thought, would Rafa risk having to sub a sub if Kewell was brought on and came off injured

I reckon Pennant and Kewell will start, 5 in midfield and one up top. with the choice of ref from UEFA who blew up every time during the barce game penalising Crouch, I reckon Rafa will go with Kuyt as the striker

I reckon if Kewell plays a part in this game he will start. no way, I would have thought, would Rafa risk having to sub a sub if Kewell was brought on and came off injured

I reckon Pennant and Kewell will start, 5 in midfield and one up top. with the choice of ref from UEFA who blew up every time during the barce game penalising Crouch, I reckon Rafa will go with Kuyt as the striker

Agree with that mate completely.