You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Slippered Up Match Thread

Paul

Fuck...that was just i kick in the stomach. And this is the feeling I have had all the way, I just dont think it`s meant to be us this time. That was a goal right out of the Manc book of undeserved goals.

We have been the superior side, and still we are trailing. Still, we are two better off than in Istanbul, but I fear the wrath of lady luck who has been all italian so far...

Yup, me too.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to take, just hard to take that one.

And is that not handball?????? Ball hits the arm and goes in, if that isn't handball they can just erase the rule from the game.

I just knew it when they got that free kick - you could just sense it.

BRING ON HARRY!!!!

This is the kind of game we'll lose though, isn't it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure we have a habit of winning European finals. And with a bit of faith this match may very well be the continuation of that habit.

Have faith and belief guys.

Impossible is nothing.

is it me or do we give away far too many free kicks in and around that area? maybe its the fact we rarely score from frees like that, which has me saying this

lucky cunts, i just hope we can get 1 back

comw on lads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

I really hope we don't regret our lack of firepower. Fortune favours the brave, or - my personal favourite - "He who dares, Rodders; he who dares." We dominated that half but showed very little class up front. I think Crouchinho and Kewell could have a big say in the outcome of this match.

Disagree. Pennant Gerrard and Kuyt have all looked dangerous. The worst thing to do would be to go gung ho. It will give them all kinds of space on the counter. Just swap Kewell for Bolo. Last 15 we can put on Crouch if we haven't scored and go 442.

We have nothing to fear from Milan, they're old hat, dusty and flat.

We've bossed the midfield and nullified thier best players, it's unfortunate that we now have to chase the game some what but we've done it before and we'll do it again.

I expect to see much of the same in the second half with a flurry of changes as they tire and we impose ourselves more and more on the game.

The Chief is an animal.

He sure is, Mascherano has been class.

We'll bring on Kewell and Bellamy after a while, their flair and pace will tear them apart. As long as we manage to keep the preasuer up we'll create enough to score afew. It's only a matter of scoring on our chances.

Story of our season - total dominance and go a goal down.

Some observations:

- Agger and Alonso were lucky to not be booked.

- Zenden and Kuyt will run all day, but neither are good enough for this level. Harry and Crouchinho on ASAP please.

- No way will Milan be as shite as that in the second half.

- We really need to raise the tempo here against their OAPs. For all our dominance, the first half felt stranegly subdued, almost like a training match.

- Can someone please get a shot on target. Please?

We need to assert ourselves more. We're playing better than them, but we're still showing them too much respect. We need to treat them with some fucking disdain and just snot the cunts.

Agreed. We need to go 442 with Crouchinho on for Pennant and Kewell on for Zenden. Those two could really unsettle Milan and should have been on from the start, in my view.

Story of our season - total dominance and go a goal down.

Some observations:

- Agger and Alonso were lucky to not be booked.

- Zenden and Kuyt will run all day, but neither are good enough for this level. Harry and Crouchinho on ASAP please.

- No way will Milan be as shite as that in the second half.

- We really need to raise the tempo here against their OAPs. For all our dominance, the first half felt stranegly subdued, almost like a training match.

- Can someone please get a shot on target. Please?

Are you pissed?

Disagree. Pennant Gerrard and Kuyt have all looked dangerous. The worst thing to do would be to go gung ho. It will give them all kinds of space on the counter. Just swap Kewell for Bolo. Last 15 we can put on Crouch if we haven't scored and go 442.

There's a difference between getting into good positions and looking dangerous. All three have played well, but they've hardly peppered the goal, have they? Oh well, it's only half time. Come on you Reds!!! Viva la Rafalucion!!!

Agreed. We need to go 442 with Crouchinho on for Pennant and Kewell on for Zenden. Those two could really unsettle Milan and should have been on from the start, in my view.

No way man, Pennant's been one of the best players on the pitch. He's pissing all over the right flank.

Yup, me too.

Yea...It`s not like I have given up, but it`s just a gut feeling that it is just one of those days. Milan made three or four huge mistakes in the first half losing the ball outside the box. At least one of those should have been exploited, cos I cant believe they will provide us that kind of help in the second half as well.

Pennant has played well. We really have to push on though. I think maybe theyve been conserving energy, but maybe they'll be fucked. God knows.

No way man, Pennant's been one of the best players on the pitch. He's pissing all over the right flank.

Goals win matches, and Gerrard would be a better option from there with two up front and Kewell on the left.

Pennant has bags of energy and will tear new arseholes in Milan's back four all night. He should be on until the final whistle.