You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite incidental Sitcom characters

Guest PaddyBerger15

Guest PaddyBerger15
I like Peterson and Lister's other mates in early Red Dwarf. Peterson - "I am very good at making love". It's one of the guys from the Fast Show (this week I have been mostly eating) and some old Eastenders actor plays one of Lister's other mates.

Thats the kind of thing dude...when they do the coin on the forehead trick in the bar.

Red Dwarf was an excellent sitcom, gotta be top20 in the British Sitcom list.

Towelie

Butters

That little Krusty-look-a-like dude in The Simpsons who plays the achordian and does a little jig when you give him a cent.

"Gar, that's Handsome Pete, he dances for change. Pete, ye got sum customers!"

Guest PaddyBerger15
Bernard off the old Yes Minister. Classic "peripheral star" of a sitcom.

Top shout bro...he had all the best scene stealing one-liners..:thumbup:

Towelie

Butters

That little Krusty-look-a-like dude in The Simpsons who plays the achordian and does a little jig when you give him a cent.

Thanks for getting on my era! I agree with butters i also think Stan Marsh is quality. Zap Brannigan from Futurama is awesome too.

You can proceed with 80's sit-coms now :$

Guest TK-421
Thats the kind of thing dude...when they do the coin on the forehead trick in the bar.

Red Dwarf was an excellent sitcom, gotta be top20 in the British Sitcom list.

The Captain too, that scene where Rimmer is describing the freaky funghi incident is awesome.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Thanks for getting on my era! I agree with butters i also think Stan Marsh is quality. Zap Brannigan from Futurama is awesome too.

I need to watch much more Futurama, from what Ive seen, its boss, buts its on at a crap time for me. Need to get that series 1-4 boxset....

On that note, I'd like to submit The Sea Captain, Moe and Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. Anyone who disagrees is the worst forumite ever!

The best quote of The Sea Captain is when Homer is in his restaurant eating all the food. The Sea Captain says "Yar, Tis No Man"

And I disagree with Moe :yes:

I need to watch much more Futurama, from what Ive seen, its boss, buts its on at a crap time for me. Need to get that series 1-4 boxset....

Paddy get onto Family Guy while your there, thats top draw.

Guest PaddyBerger15
On that note, I'd like to submit The Sea Captain, Moe and Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons. Anyone who disagrees is the worst forumite ever!

Yep sound, I think we're all having that.:thumbup:

The best quote of The Sea Captain is when Homer is in his restaurant eating all the food. The Sea Captain says "Yar, Tis No Man"

And I disagree with Moe :yes:

You disagree with Moe!? Waaaaaaaaaaaa?

Guest PaddyBerger15
The Captain too, that scene where Rimmer is describing the freaky funghi incident is awesome.

Yeah, it was good in the last series when Capt Hollister came back into it. Those last 2 series got slated, but I thought they were up there in quality with the rest.

The scenes the Capt was in, in series 1 and 2, were ace.

I would class him as a support character myself, as Andy Millman and Maggie are the two main characters.

There’s no one else in the series that keeps re-appearing every few episodes apart from Greg the knobhead actor, so on that I would base Barry and Darren Lamb on being support characters, given most episodes they don’t have much screen time.

He won best comedy performer at the comedy awards; he really isn't an incidental character. He's on for about a third of the screentime.

It is like claiming Bart Simpson counts as one.

Guest PaddyBerger15

TK, what about Les, the fat, disgusting landlord from Men Behaving Badly...?

Are you having that ?

Guest PaddyBerger15
Family Guy in my opinion, Pisses all over The Simpsons and Futurama. Its a must.

Fuck me...thats some recommendation :wow:

Is anybody else in agreement with the lad with the Ma' who has an American diner ?:biggrin: