You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

REGRET

bri

when i was 18 or so, i had a girlfriend (friend who was a girl) named Allie that was in love w/ me, i didn't know. I was young and really stupid/unaware. i ended up breaking her heart by dating one of her best friends. there was destruction all around. their relationship disintegrated. Allie managed to turn practically everyone in my school against me; friends, aquaintainces, teachers, the lunch lady, everyone. i had a shit senior year of school b/c of it.

i believe regrets aren't something that you should let tie you down, but you should learn from them. i'm more more 'aware' now as it relates to my current girlfriend's feelings as well w/ protecting other girl's feelings. to the point where i'll look like a twat telling a girl who decides to chat me up at a bar, "i'm cool w/ chatting w/ you, but i have a girlfriend and you shouldn't waste your time on me if you're looking to hook up tonight." sad, but true.

less of the abbreviations. I can't read it properly.

• 14 years later...

Made myself a cup of tea about 2pm and opened a packed of custard creams, planning to have a couple with my tea. 

Accidentally ate the whole packet of about 20 when my wife came in and said we’re picking the kid up from school and taking her to Farmer Teds. 

So I’ve been running around repeatedly pushing her up a hill so she can come down on a toboggan, wandering around a maze, pushing her on swings etc… and I genuinely feel like I’m about to die. Never felt so sick. 

Praying for someone to take me out like my Lord and saviour Harambe. 

• Upvote 4

When I was 16 I was offered an interview with Cheshire Police as a trainee Scenes Of Crimes Officer, I knocked it back as I got offered a job in a bank. Which I stuck for 6 months but was shite at and eventually ended up in IT.

I often think that if I had taken that interview by now I could be tootling round Florida in a Hummer wearing an Armani Suit and gazing wistfully over the horizon whilst stood over another corpse.

4 hours ago, redinblack said:

When I was 16 I was offered an interview with Cheshire Police as a trainee Scenes Of Crimes Officer, I knocked it back as I got offered a job in a bank. Which I stuck for 6 months but was shite at and eventually ended up in IT.

I often think that if I had taken that interview by now I could be tootling round Florida in a Hummer wearing an Armani Suit and gazing wistfully over the horizon whilst stood over another corpse.

Nah. You'd be an unshaven alcoholic widower in some pitiless urban hellscape, haunted by the victims you couldn't save and the monsters you couldn't bring to justice.

• Upvote 1

My biggest regret is being bladdered at the 4 nil v Barca. Met @Justice Negs before and had a couple of sambucas then went into a free bar in the Kings stand. Really wish I could remember more about the game. 

Second regret that night was the same dickhead cock blocking me with a fit spanish bird outside the cavern 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

My biggest regret is being bladdered at the 4 nil v Barca. Met @Justice Negs before and had a couple of sambucas then went into a free bar in the Kings stand. Really wish I could remember more about the game. 

Second regret that night was the same dickhead cock blocking me with a fit spanish bird outside the cavern 

Sambucas, again? Fucking hell Damien.

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I won a free cheeseburger AND a free milkshake on the McDonald’s Monopoly thing. I don’t go there often, it’s a 20 minute drive, but I ended up going earlier and I left my little vouchers at home. 

Next time I go the Monopoly promo will probably be over. 

Sickening. 

20 minute drive?

Up north you are never 5 minutes away from a McDonalds. 

Not that it's a positive, sick of the bland shite.

Not so much a regret as a what could have been.

I was accepted to read PPE at Cambridge and turned it down because I was young, had responsibilities beyond my years and thought I was with the love of my life, we split up within the year.

I love my life now and would never consider changing it, but a sliding doors moment…

4 minutes ago, Elite said:

20 minute drive?

Up north you are never 5 minutes away from a McDonalds. 

Not that it's a positive, sick of the bland shite.

Oh, I know. My little prizes were from when I was up there for a few days the other week. It’s a very rare treat for us normally. 

And @Gnasher, they had milkshakes! All of our Brexit lorry worries are over. Britannia rules the waves. 

• Upvote 1