You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Snooker

Remmie

• 8 years later...

Sat on the couch while she is at work. Watching the snooker. Fucking bliss. Higgins v Liang Wenbo, decent game currently 4:4. Higgins wins on Liang pulls one back overtime. Higgins on a decent break here, frame looks secure. I've just put 20 quid at evens for Higgins to win 6:4. 

I like Higgins, the chubby quiffed match fixer. 

Is Mark Williams still around? Used to enjoy watching him.

Also, random snooker Story - last year on the way to Cheltenham Races, my dickhead mate refused to get on the free buses at the station to the course, insisting we'd be able to get a cab. Like fuck we could. We were standing around, calling cab companies and pleading with anything that looked like a minicab when this Merc E-class coupe pulls over and the young lads in it ask us if we want a lift. I'm a bit wary but my mate is all over it. We get in the back of the (2 door) car behind these lads, and I'm now convinced that I'm going to get my head kicked in or forced to buy drugs or both. The lads are very chatty and say they're professional snooker players - they live nearby and although they didn't have tickets just wanted to come along to have a gander at the races (this is Gold Cup day). My bullshit-ometer is in the red zone by now, but they get gradually more convincing, telling us they earn about £50k a year in prize money and one of them starts showing us pictures of his fit missus. They claim to be best mates with Judd Trump - a novel line for muggers. 

Anyway, turns out they were completely genuine, got us to the course in no time at all (I slipped them a few quid for their troubles) and it turns out that one of this was this lad Jack Likowski - current world no 51. Here he is with his missus  (my mate's response at seeing eh photo was a frank, 'Facking 'ell you're Jason Puncheon there mate!')

B_Hj0vcWsAI_w2n.jpg

Can't remember the other lads name.